Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 03:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327160 Posts in 13392 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 54639 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »

The upper part of her outfit looks like N7 armor from Mass Effect at first glance. Then I see the rest and get disappointed.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

Bunch of info compiled in one post.
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2012, 07:03:50 PM »

This is the closest thing there is to a screenshot for now.

Oh dear god.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:07:33 PM by Humbert Humbert » Logged
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »

They should rename the "Final Fantasy" franchise to "Final J-Pop Idol Hollywood Blockbuster Teenage Drama -y"
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

They should rename the "Final Fantasy" franchise to "Final J-Pop Idol Hollywood Blockbuster Teenage Drama -y"

They should have started back in '99 with that.
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »

XII pretty much sidesteps that characterization, though.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2012, 09:23:38 PM »

Never played it so I don't know anything other than "is a bad copy of Star Wars" like I've seen so many say before. Not that I take that opinion seriously, this being the Internet and all...
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »

Do you enjoy -

- an open world?
- hundreds of side quests?
- a subdued, western style of storytelling?
- intriguing characters?
- revenge plots?
- real time combat?
- an in-depth character customization system?

If you answered yes to all those things (and let's face it everyone likes those things) then you should try FFXII.
Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2012, 10:51:26 PM »

Admittedly a bit biased but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »

Moar Deathclok-wannabe Chocobo/Boss Fight themes? :laffo:

Or were these the people who composed the bland elevator music used in the rest of XIII-2?

Sure, and every soundtrack of FF has to be composed only by Uematsu because every other mofo is a talentless losers according to the most deluded fans of the series.

Alright. Then name or link one memorable track from FFXIII-2 (that wasn't one of those goofy Death Metal tracks). Go on, I'll wait.

Heart of Chaos, Eclipse and Eclipse Aggressive Mix, Divine Conflict, Historia Crux,  Caius' Theme, Labyrinth of Chaos, Eternal Paradox... wait, sorry, you were wanting us to not have an answer, right?  :)
this all opinion but i really like words collide and sunleth waterscape. also im guessing you all havent seen the trailer? combat looks exactly the same as 13/13-2 but with one character -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EGmVT9_cTo&app=desktop
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:59:57 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »

Its literally the same combat system but now with mapped commands and no allies/monsters whatsoever. Chances are that number gauge at the bottom is for Gestalt shenanigans.

Never played it so I don't know anything other than "is a bad copy of Star Wars" like I've seen so many say before. Not that I take that opinion seriously, this being the Internet and all...

FFXII's plot can be summed up as "So a multifaceted plot of political intrigue, a fantastical high adventure of a roving band of treasure hunting sky pirates, and a Final Fantasy game liberally swiping as much as it can from the two Star Wars trilogies walk into a bar; the first two want nothing to do with each other but the third one's standing on the table between them shouting "I'm Captain Boshe von Ronsenburg!" and "Boshe lives!" while a chocobo kwehs' and a one winged angel crashes the joint.". Granted the eventual loss of leadership and constant executive meddling didn't help things either, but it wasn't as bad as FFXIII-1 had been which didn't have leadership at all until the 11th hour when they got called out on their bullshit and had put up a demo for the Advent Children Blu-Ray release; but I digress. As for gameplay FFXII tried to do what Xenoblade Chronicles succeeded in and failed.

The upper part of her outfit looks like N7 armor from Mass Effect at first glance. Then I see the rest and get disappointed.

Kinda reminds me of a mix of Ass Creed without the hood and some generic Sengoku Hime ensemble. At least its still better than her 'Rhinestone Cowboy' Prada ensemble from earlier in the year.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »

@Humbert Humbert & Aeolus: Sounds like a good time.

I only have the demo of XII that came with the copy I bought of Dragon Quest VIII, and true story I fall asleep playing... maybe one day I'll get my hands on the game for my PS2 and put some time into it. Is pretty weird how XII hasn't got re-released yet, though, Square Enix hasn't said anything about the remastered version of Final Fantasy X or that Kingdom Hearts collection in a while now.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »

combat looks exactly the same as 13/13-2 but with one character -_-

Except the two defining characteristics of FFXIII's combat system are the paradigm shifts and the stagger system, neither of which works at all when you only have one character.  It may look similar, but I seriously doubt it plays the same (and if it does then S-E are even bigger idiots than I thought.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2012, 01:54:10 AM »

i'm pretty sure i saw the word ravager on the screen but i'd have to check again,

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2012, 12:21:32 PM »

combat looks exactly the same as 13/13-2 but with one character -_-

Except the two defining characteristics of FFXIII's combat system are the paradigm shifts and the stagger system, neither of which works at all when you only have one character.  It may look similar, but I seriously doubt it plays the same (and if it does then S-E are even bigger idiots than I thought.

Its probably going to work just like it did in the Lightning DLC for XIII-2 where you'll have a physical paradigm, two mage paradigms, a stat boosting paradigm, and a stat debuff paradigm. The thread linked to above noted what looked like three different roles to paradigm switch to; including Cerberus, Divinity, and Enchantment. Don't know if there'll be a stagger system but I wouldn't doubt it since that DLC had it too.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: