Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 65378 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

It sounds like they're actually doing some interesting things for this game.  I just wish they were doing them in a game that had nothing to do with FFXIII.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2012, 04:01:46 AM »

you call that interesting? to me interesting would be reuniting FF13 cast along with noah and using FFX battle system.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2012, 04:20:21 AM »

I'm still scratching my head as to why they insist on pushing more and more games in this world, given that direct sequels in FF seemed to have always done worse than the original, and FFXIII had a relatively mixed reception. Was this the plan all along or something?
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2012, 04:21:55 AM »

you call that interesting? to me interesting would be reuniting FF13 cast along with noah and using FFX battle system.

That's the beauty of opinions.

I'm personally not quite sure what to think about this game yet, though.  I like what they're doing with the world, and some of the details sound interesting, but from a story perspective, I can't really say I'm too fond of the direction they took Lightning in XIII-2. Overall, I don't think we've nearly enough information to make any final decisions on the game's quality just yet.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »

I'm still scratching my head as to why they insist on pushing more and more games in this world, given that direct sequels in FF seemed to have always done worse than the original, and FFXIII had a relatively mixed reception. Was this the plan all along or something?

I doubt it. XIII-2 begins with a huge retcon of the ending of XIII.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »

I doubt it. XIII-2 begins with a huge retcon of the ending of XIII.

The music and gameplay of 13-2 were pretty damn good if it means anything.... unfortunately the rest was shit (mainly plot).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »

Cheaper to make the game due to reusing things, I'm guessing.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »

Cheaper to make the game due to reusing things, I'm guessing.

That, and supposedly they had quite a number of things left over from XIII-1 that they didn't want to go to waste.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Elincia

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »

In my opinion, as Toriyama said, they're just Call of Dutying the licence. Either way you put it, one Final Fantasy a year (a year and a half precisely), even sold at 2.5 or 3 millions is much more lucrative than one big Final Fantasy every four years costing 100 million dollars. Plus, with this Final Fantasy XIII saga, Square can save money on the artistic direction, the conception of the world, etc. In short on every aspect of the previous games that are reused in the next.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII-2 composers reprise their roles for Lightning Returns -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Familiar faces will be heading up the score to Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

Confirmed via a poster given away at Distant Worlds in Chicago, composers Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta, and Mitsuto Suzuki will be lending their talents once again to the final chapter in Lightning's saga."
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2012, 02:25:24 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII-2 composers reprise their roles for Lightning Returns -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Familiar faces will be heading up the score to Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

Confirmed via a poster given away at Distant Worlds in Chicago, composers Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta, and Mitsuto Suzuki will be lending their talents once again to the final chapter in Lightning's saga."

Moar Deathclok-wannabe Chocobo/Boss Fight themes? :laffo:

Or were these the people who composed the bland elevator music used in the rest of XIII-2?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »

Or were these the people who composed the bland elevator music used in the rest of XIII-2?

Sure, and every soundtrack of FF has to be composed only by Uematsu because every other mofo is a talentless losers according to the most deluded fans of the series.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »

Sure, and every soundtrack of FF has to be composed only by Uematsu because every other mofo is a talentless losers according to the most deluded fans of the series.

Alright. Then name or link one memorable track from FFXIII-2 (that wasn't one of those goofy Death Metal tracks). Go on, I'll wait.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »

Alright. Then name or link one memorable track from FFXIII-2 (that wasn't one of those goofy Death Metal tracks). Go on, I'll wait.

I'm not going to play that game. I respect everyone's opinion about the series but sometimes the hate gets ridiculous.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

Edit: Never mind. I'm an idiot who can't read.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:00:09 PM by Cyril » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: