Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332841 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 63032 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »

So this is supposed to end the series? I kind of was hoping this would be a side-story then we'd get a proper XIII-3 with the entire team, and the fantastic paradigm system, back for the finale.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2013, 12:18:59 AM »

So this is supposed to end the series? I kind of was hoping this would be a side-story then we'd get a proper XIII-3 with the entire team, and the fantastic paradigm system, back for the finale.

It could still happen. Squeenix has already shown that previous game ending are no reason to not shoehorn in a nonsensical sequel when they made FFX-2 FFXIII-2.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2013, 12:32:59 AM »

It has been said multiple times that LR is the last entry for the "Final Fantasy XIII trilogy".

Edit: Focus On: Lightning Returns reveals some new information and a wealth of screenshots -- Source: Nova Crystallis
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:28:46 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2013, 09:30:11 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/13/catgirl-outfit-yep-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-has-one/

I'd make a "Goddammit Japan!" joke here, but in all honesty, this is probably the most sensible and least awful outfit she'll be sporting in this game.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2013, 09:37:18 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/13/catgirl-outfit-yep-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-has-one/

I'd make a "Goddammit Japan!" joke here, but in all honesty, this is probably the most sensible and least awful outfit she'll be sporting in this game.

You know...I honestly think you're right.  Ears aside, that outfit looks way more normal than any of the others I've seen her in for that game...

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »

You know...I honestly think you're right.  Ears aside, that outfit looks way more normal than any of the others I've seen her in for that game...

What's sad is that the first outfit she was shown in for this game wasn't all that bad (aside from the arm guards offering the most encumbrance for the least amount of protection) but since then her fashion sense has simply gotten progressively worse and worse as time and reveals have gone on. So yes, swiping somebody else's outfit design has been, so far, the best decision made thus far.

And in total seriousness. If the fashion police are not a combatable enemy in this game, I will be disappoint.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »

I like the formal dress they showed in one of the screenshots.

Obviously it's not for fighting, but I liked it in general.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »

Let's argue about clothes.

Yay...
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2013, 12:09:29 AM »

Weird saying that about a strip-tease-y outfit, but yeah.  At least it resembles real clothes this time that you might see in real life (err, that is to say, more real than her navy pink, blue, red, and beige Gundam dress)

iirc, it's based on an FF14 model, right?.

Yay...

I'M A GIRL GODDAMMIT.  THIS IS WHAT WE DOOOO.  _

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2013, 12:16:23 AM »

^Did you see the model of Lightning dressed as Yuna?

iirc, it's based on an FF14 model, right?

Yes.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »

^Did you see the model of Lightning dressed as Yuna?

iirc, it's based on an FF14 model, right?

Yes.

I did not, and yay, I know my stuffs.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2013, 01:53:38 AM »

Yay...

To be fair, the way the updates have been painting the game's combat system, Lightning's pulling a Yuna and getting all Gullwings on the Job System ♥Mahou Shojo Lightning-chan♥ style ;D (and also completely redefining her character once again if she had more of a character than being a woman with sand in her vagina to begin with; aside from teaching Hope to act like he has sand in his vagina, what with his "Operation NORA" (i.e. Kill Snow)).

AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2013, 02:38:53 AM »

If Mario can wear a cat suit, so can Lightning.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2013, 03:39:37 AM »

This will be the first final fantasy i wont buy at launch and will wait for a review first.

I can live with a catgirl outfit, maid outfit etc but wont be getting outfit DLC as i view that as "bad DLC".  i only get DLC that is like old school expansions.

I dont mind the combat systems and stuff but is the story going to make me feel any thing?  Of the last few releases the main character i really liked was Sazh with his son storyline.   i quite liked Lightning being a strong female protaganist but i never really got her character.

i still havent finished 13-2, didnt mind the mechanics just found the story "paradox" mad.

also i want some "proper" minigames in this one.   And i dont count random slot machines as minigames!  In my book its not a proper final fantasy without a good skill based or puzzle based minigame!

Fingers crossed :)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »

Square Enix Members Exclusive Interview -- Source: Nova Crystallis

Will the game be supported with Battle DLC after launch, and may we see some familiar characters in the Coliseum in Lightning Returns?

Kitase: "In terms of DLC that would expand on the actual story of Lightning Returns, we're not really planning for those episodic DLC nor are we thinking of doing extra 'boss' DLC. We are planning to have it 100% completable on its own. We do have more than 80 outfits that Lightning can equip, so we would like to take into consideration maybe costume DLCs. I know the Legacy Final Fantasy costumes, such as past titles like the White Mage or the Black Mage, those were really popular so if there's a great enough demand for things like that, we might be able to put it into consideration. So unfortunately, no battle DLCs after the launch."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: