Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 05:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338694 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 69064 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2013, 10:15:50 AM »

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII won't let you use MP to heal -- Source: Siliconera

Is said that 'Glory Points' are called 'Energy Points' in the English version.*

Lightning Returns adds SNS boss battle score upload -- Source: Gematsu

"When you clear boss battles and such in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, you can upload your resulting score to social networking services like Facebook or Twitter, the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

Additionally, you'll be able to freely change the color of Lightning's various outfits (though it's not clear if this is possible for all of her outfits)."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:38:25 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »

Lightning: Groundhog Day Jesus

I'm kiiiinda looking forward to it.  They've been pupping out a lot of news and info for a game that's still like half a year away though....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »

A look at Lightning's Black Mage outfit in Lightning Returns

Vanille will also have a role to play in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII pics from Tokyo event

Source(s): Nova Crystallis, All Games Beta
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:40:30 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2013, 02:58:25 AM »

Goddammit Japan! First question is about her fucking armpits. :uugh:

Also apparently Lightning has been upgraded from C rank to D rank. At least they revealed new previous FF heroine outfits for her to wear, including that doofy Valkyrie Chrysler outfit that what's her face wore in one of the loosely connected spinoff FF titles.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »

Also apparently Lightning has been upgraded from C rank to D rank. At least they revealed new previous FF heroine outfits for her to wear, including that doofy Valkyrie Chrysler outfit that what's her face wore in one of the loosely connected spinoff FF titles.

At least they admitted the breast size thing, and daresay it was for "good" reasons.  I remember Kiera Knightley talked about how they "shadowed her boobs" to make her ironing-board chest look like it's an actual size than -AA.  The armpit thing though.....wth......

The game DOES look pretty.  I might preorder and see how it goes.  If the reviews suck, then I'll take it back.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: July 29, 2013, 10:37:46 AM »

The armpit thing though.....wth......

The guy who asked the question definitively plays Touhou games.

http://konachan.com/image/3c16c753483231bb22d12346f5c4c0b2/Konachan.com%20-%2036571%20blue_eyes%20brown_hair%20hakurei_reimu%20japanese_clothes%20miko%20touhou.jpg
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

Don't you remember?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2013, 04:05:52 PM »

Kotaku's is reporting boob-jiggling physics are in.

Not surprised more "I hope it actually looks realistic if they're going to do it".

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »

Not surprised more "I hope it actually looks realistic if they're going to do it".

Agreed.

Maybe it's because I'm so desensitized from playing Japanese games most of my life, but, er, this isn't really a big deal to me. In fact, I'm baffled at the response. Larger breasts does not mean she has less of a personality.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2013, 07:28:19 PM »

^Yeah... this whole deal is pretty normal to me since I've always been more into Japanese games. But also this was discussed before of how in the West a lot of people have double standards with sexual stuff in their entertainment, or whatever.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: July 29, 2013, 07:46:30 PM »

Agreed.

Maybe it's because I'm so desensitized from playing Japanese games most of my life, but, er, this isn't really a big deal to me. In fact, I'm baffled at the response. Larger breasts does not mean she has less of a personality.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if she did manage to have even less of a personality than before given how little she had to begin with.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: July 29, 2013, 08:21:08 PM »

But I thought all breasts bounced at the slightest change in barometric pressure?

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: July 29, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »

Honestly, I'd be surprised if she did manage to have even less of a personality than before given how little she had to begin with.

But you honestly never cared about any this from the beginning for whatever reason. I mean, is not like you care if someone comes to you and explains what he/she likes or sees in Lightning's personality as appealing.

Most of the time I feel ambivalence towars the characters in XIII but I don't really dislike them.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »

But you honestly never cared about any this from the beginning for whatever reason. I mean, is not like you care if someone comes to you and explains what he/she likes or sees in Lightning's personality as appealing.

Most of the time I feel ambivalence towars the characters in XIII but I don't really dislike them.

I'm actually a big fan of optional conversation in games.  Tales titles, Last of Us, and why they ever forgot about the ATE system from FFIX is beyong me.  I think FF13 reeaaallly could have benefit from more character interaction, but too often cinematics were about fleshing plot and the "teen drama" among the characters.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: July 29, 2013, 11:08:23 PM »

I think FF13 reeaaallly could have benefit from more character interaction, but too often cinematics were about fleshing plot and the "teen drama" among the characters.

That's the point... big part of the narrative (so far) has been focused on the mythos because that's what everything comes down to.

I don't know about the teen drama part in your post though. I know what you mean, but I never got that the drama in the story was superfluous. In what I think XIII failed though was the way a big chunk of that drama was presented, I'm not saying that is bad but I understand all bitching and moaning that there has been with fans feeling so bothered by the story and characters in the XIII series.

The entire story is told in a very Japanese manner and it doesn't feel as "universal" or relatable as how themes are presented in some others games in the main series. Personally I don't mind but I would like to see Final Fantasy XV bringing back the weight of drama backed up by the scenario and the characters, not just having it there for the sake of it.

Though just to be clear I do think there are parts in XIII and XIII-2 that have a good balance in their drama, but most of it is just there to keep the tone of the narrative going.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: