Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 12:38:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334400 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 63939 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2013, 11:20:42 PM »

I don't know, I sometimes enjoyed the way the character drama was presented in XIII. Hope confronting Snow and the stuff surrounding Sazh's Eidolon summon were two of my favorite moments in that game.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »

^Yeah I really liked those too. And just to be sure, I didn't mean what I said before in a negative tone. I enjoy the series and I was only trying to generalize the problem I have (or had) in XIII with having drama in some scenarios just to keep the tone of the narrative going without having any weight to it.

That's all. (;Д`)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2013, 12:05:17 AM »

I really disliked the way the drama was handled in -2 than the first one; I think that's more my beef between Serah's platitude's about "fighting for the future", Snow's nonsense attitude, and the way Yeul was handled really didn't do much for me.  Sazh does still stand as one of most (I guess by this point) underplayed character in the series so far.  I did find the first game a bit hammy, but the drama was ok, just too little of it to flesh out the characters beyond their arcs.  I feel like it's a trend in the series though; I feel like they've stopped having fun with their characters (FFV had the Faris scene; FFVI had "Mr.Thou"; FFVII had Don's manor; FF8 had Zell and even Laguna; FF9 was like ALL of Steiner... then after taht, while FFX had SOME moments, the good times sort of dried up for more intimate moments).

EDIT: On a side note; I'm happy Vanille's awesome coral-coloured hair is back.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:11:45 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2013, 12:50:01 AM »

LRFF13プレコミュ体験会クリエイタートークショー -- Source: famitsutube, YouTube
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »

Lately, this game feels more like 'Barbie's big dress-up' than anything else =/
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »

^Fighting games also have prominent customization features and I don't see anybody saying anything about that other than they want more stuff to customize their characters. You might say that in this case is different but is a feature that you can take or leave as far I've seen, not to mention that the customization feels more like an expansion of what XIII-2 had with the DLC costumes.

SQEX has plenty of time to keep showing more of LR and later once LR is released in Japan you can all go and watch gameplay videos or livestreams once that's available to see anything that you want to see for yourself.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »

At least SE isn't charging for colors like Street Fighter x Tekken.
I personally don't see the harm in this many colors and costumes, as long as the core game is good I'll turn a blind eye to bouncing boobies, cat costumes and whatever they can come up with until release.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2013, 11:52:06 PM »

I didn't play SFxTekken very much, but I never had to pay for color DLC.  It was always free iirc.  I'd rather just have 10ish well thought out pre-selectable presets like P4A and KoF13 had than full out customization.  That's enough for me.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2013, 09:48:55 AM »

from Nova Crystallis (via: Dengeki Online, Famitsu):

"Judge and response" are the keywords behind the battle system of Lightning Returns

"The latest report out of Dengeki Online focusing on Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII focuses once again on its various battle systems. While somewhat similar in many ways to the systems of XIII and XIII-2, Lightning Returns attempts to combine action-based mechanics into the mix in a style similar to a mix of the former, such as the systems found in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Type-0. The details of this system dubbed "Amazing ATB" are further explained by Square Enix's own Daisuke Inoue and Nobuyuki Matsuoka."

Luxerion shops, actions, and difficulty details for Lightning Returns

"Alongside the previously posted Dengeki report, Famitsu has their own report on the systems of Lightning Returns."
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »

For crying out loud, SE. People are going to be burnt out on this game before it even approaches the horizon. I realize there isn't much left to say about X/X-2 and KH 1.5, and there really isn't anything else in SE's line-up that isn't barely out of pre-production, but this info dump is starting to outstay its welcome.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »

^People would be bothered if there's not "enough" info. And no one is putting a gun to your head to read the news, I didn't when SQEX was putting a lot of info out for XIII-2 and some of the info that came out for Type-0.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »

"The screenshot at the bottom was one the first ones to be released earlier this year. You can notice there's only two weeks left until the development of LR is over." / Posted on July 31, 2013 -- Lightning Returns News (Tumblr)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:11:10 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: August 05, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »

Erm, but the bottom one looks better?  Less blur, filter, and bloom, easier to see detail on the armor.  I think her face might look a bit better in the top, but that's it.
Edit: I missed the background part with the half-circles; that's a definite improvement in detail.

Still, nice to know it's almost finished.  I'm sure it will be beautiful either way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:55:40 PM by Cyril » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »

Lightning Returns: Vajra Bodhisattva and Fushikaden costumes revealed -- Source: Gematsu

from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Pre Soundtrack:

BGM04 / Masashi Hamauzu
BGM05 / Gabe McNair
BGM06 / Mitsuto Suzuki
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:27:09 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: August 13, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »

Lightning Returns: Vajra Bodhisattva and Fushikaden costumes revealed -- Source: Gematsu

from Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Pre Soundtrack:

BGM04 / Masashi Hamauzu
BGM05 / Gabe McNair
BGM06 / Mitsuto Suzuki

The beginning of BGM04 reminded me of Journey.  This sounds a bit different from Hamauzu.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: