Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:25:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327544 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 55444 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: August 19, 2013, 10:31:41 PM »

V Jump scan:

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: August 20, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »

Hey its Sazh. Hi Sazh.

Does this mean that Chocolina or the Trollz Doll in the Cabbage Patch Kid's Body are confirmed?

Also Locke Lightning, which is neither new nor interesting.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: August 20, 2013, 12:54:26 AM »

^You are just waiting for new info to make a long post about how LR is a bad game in the future don't you? :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 12:57:50 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: August 20, 2013, 05:51:49 AM »

^You are just waiting for new info to make a long post about how LR is a bad game in the future don't you? :P

More like not wanting to post in the Xillia thread or either of the EOIV or DA3 threads.

I have no comments and I must post. D:

Edit: I wonder if there's an FE:Awakening B-Day somewhere around here. I could stand to make another character dissection post.

Double Edit: Why yes Olivia, you'll do nicely.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:56:08 AM by Aeolus » Logged

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: August 20, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »

Locke Lightning = Best Lightning (for me at least so far).
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2013, 12:54:05 PM »

Locke Lightning = Best Lightning (for me at least so far).

yup! i see no problems here

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »

I like it. It suits her a lot more than other costumes such as the Yuna outfit.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2013, 04:02:52 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/21/sazh-and-mog-also-return-for-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

To swipe Yggra's Lightning, a bunch of details have come out about the game.

Of note is that this Sazh is a completely different Sazh from the previous game despite the fact that he, along with Sora Noel and Hope were the only ones left after the world came to a screeching halt. Although I suspect that we should accept no substitutes in this case given his sad sack description.

Meanwhile Mog is a completely the same fucking Mog from the previous game who's been around for hundreds of years, made a village, and made it to the end of the checkers board despite the fact that he ended 13-2 like a puppet with its strings cut. They seem to want us to care about this trilogy, yet they just keep retconning everything.

They're calling the latest Lightning fashion Heartstealer instead of Locke's Clothes. And judging from the screen shots, I bet they're a little tight, but the price is right.

Also Lightning will apparently acquire an epic mount at some point. Though judging from the description, it sounds like we'll be raising Chocobos yet again.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/21/lightning-heads-to-wildlands-and-saves-a-moogle-village/

Also also, a trailer.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: August 21, 2013, 03:31:06 PM »

They seem to want us to care about this trilogy, yet they just keep retconning everything.

*sigh* How many times I've responded to you about this same shit already? I'm not gonna bother now because fuck it, if you don't care and you are gonna keep acting like others salty fans have been for a long time now then why should I care. I mean, at this point is just a waste of a time really.

What's stupid is that stuff like Metal Gear or Resident Evil are expanded and retconned all the time but I don't see anyone being all hot and bothered about that, but (some) FF fans freak out when that happens like it's anything new in the series.

---

Lightning Returns Cloud Strife Gear (Extended Look) -- Source: Nova Crystallis

Edited for extended trailer.*
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:09:11 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: August 21, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »

They seem to want us to care about this trilogy, yet they just keep retconning everything.

*sigh* How many times I've responded to you about this same shit already? I'm not gonna bother now because fuck it, if you don't care and you are gonna keep acting like others salty fans have been for a long time now then why should I care. I mean, at this point is just a waste of a time really.

What's dumb is that stuff like Metal Gear or Resident Evil are expanded and retconned all the time but I don't see anyone being all hot and bothered about that, but (some) FF fans freak out when that happens like is anything new in the series.

That's because neither Metal Gear nor Resident Evil take themselves nearly as seriously as Final Fantasy does. Metal Gear is not above having a boss drop dead on you from old age or having you play hide and seek with him across Central America. When has an FF boss done that? Or are you suggesting that the FFXIII trilogy is a parody of overly ambitious trilogies written by people who's literary experiences both start and end with Fanfiction.net? Because I can honestly believe that at this point.

Either way, my intention was not to reopen that old war wound of your Yggdra.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: August 21, 2013, 05:07:57 PM »

That's because neither Metal Gear nor Resident Evil take themselves nearly as seriously as Final Fantasy does.

To a certain extent that's bullshit.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: August 21, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »

That's because neither Metal Gear nor Resident Evil take themselves nearly as seriously as Final Fantasy does.

To a certain extent that's bullshit.

To a certain extent, yes.

But to a certain extent, we're trying to compare a video game series that tells the tale of an alternate history where dumb action movies are real things that actually happened and have shaped human history/progress, and a video game series that tells the tale of an alternate history where zombie apocalypses happen every month or so, to a video game series about this fantastic world created by a bunch of gods and goddesses that ultimately left the world like a bubble resting on the point of a needle, where any idiot with access to a chest containing a goddess's heart can end the world simply by letting a sharp, pointy-thingy get pulled into said chest during a cutscene.

And yes, Metal Gear does try to be melodramatic when recently defeated bosses spill their life's story faster than their guts spill their lifeblood over the next 5 minutes, just like Resident Evil tries to be insightful anytime when Albert Wesker starts talking or the word 'evolution' pops up. And just like those games Final Fantasy tries to be funny with "Choco-boco-lina!" or "This is the Yuel who died while watching Friends, and this is the Yuel who died from choking on a CrackerJack, and this is the Yuel who died while giving herself a bad perm, and so on....".

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2013, 07:14:10 PM »

^You are just ranting there man. I can't take you seriously, sorry.
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:28 AM »

Honestly, I'm pretty sure of all the franchises to mention RE is one of the worst to pick. Resident Evil takes it self ridiculously seriously, it has one of the most ridiculous identity crisis' of all time. Some people might disagree, but IMO Silent Hill has more jokes at its expense all the time. Plus, the UFO endings etc.... It is because nobody remembers that the franchise is stupid to begin with that we ended up with RE 5 and 6.

Metal Gear takes itself down a peg all the time and is constantly goofy, but when it is serious it means business. Final Fantasy is never quite that goofy or that focused so I don't know where to rate that.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »

I haven't followed those arguments fully but I think it's kind of stupid in general to get indignant over someone not liking blatant retcons and inconsistencies.

Personally, I just don't take it seriously. These FFXIII sequels are so completely inane that for the most part it's better to just laugh at it all rather than get worked up one way or the other. Though I do find the breast expansion exasperating and this talk of a "more vulnerable Lightning" is alarming, it really does feel like to some degree they may be doing the worst kind of pandering. Have to see the execution on whether it's actually fleshing a character out or if they're going Other M on her.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: