Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 12:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341061 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 70858 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: September 21, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »

I agree with you, Darilon, it looks so out of place. The good thing about it is that there are so many already we'll probably forget it exists.

*shrug* It looks fine. Some would argue that the costume of Paine from X-2 would have been a better choice and I find it weird that they didn't do that instead.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: September 21, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »

I kinda just like seeing an "HD Yuna" (with Lightning's head).

It doesn't really suit.... quite frankly, anything "white mage-y" doesn't sound like it'd suit Lightning.

Anyways, yeaaay hype.  I can't believe how much press this game has even with it being (I think) 4 months away still.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: September 22, 2013, 06:43:28 AM »

Now there's tje Aeris costume
If they only gave us the costume we all want (Tifa)...

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: September 22, 2013, 07:20:39 AM »

It is strange. Before I saw the video I would have said it would be as off as the Yuna costume but it wasn't that bad. Maybe it is because the outfit is pretty normal.

I would actually love an Agrias outfit.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: September 22, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »

Agrias, or Ravness even moreso from the TO remake, would both fit Lightning quite well.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: September 22, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »

And another staff chick costume. Does this one include a 'getting shanked by a ten foot long Japanese Katana' attack at least?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: September 22, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »

Lightning and Aerith share the same voice actress (Maaya Sakamoto).

Edit: Tokyo Game Show 2013 Trailer (Extended Cut) -- SQEXMembersNA, YouTube
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:44:59 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: September 22, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »

And another staff chick costume. Does this one include a 'getting shanked by a ten foot long Japanese Katana' attack at least?

I think ALL of the REST of the FF7 cast (even Barret!?) would have suited her better than Aeris.

Lightning is one of those chicks who would look good in the --tight business pants-- than she would in frilly skirts is what I'm trying to say.  So (IMO) she kinda clashes with the Yuna and Aeris design; but the Locke one worked beautifully.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: September 22, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »

I think ALL of the REST of the FF7 cast (even Barret!?) would have suited her better than Aeris.

Lightning is one of those chicks who would look good in the --tight business pants-- than she would in frilly skirts is what I'm trying to say.  So (IMO) she kinda clashes with the Yuna and Aeris design; but the Locke one worked beautifully.

It's that hair of hers really. A pink not side-tail just doesn't really fit many options, although, not nearly as badly as her grumpy attitude clashing with the old-skool FF demure staff-chick designs does.

I think the only pre-FFX female characters that Lightning can pull of cosplaying as are FFV's Faris (the one I've been personally hoping to see), FFVI's Celes (preferably using her Amano design rather than her FFIV Rosa getup used in the game, but I can take either), FFVII's (no bloody AC, BC, CC, or DoC) Titfa, FFIX's Beatrix (maybe, her hair's not really long enough for it), and possibly FFVIII's Quitis (their builds aren't quite similar enough for a smooth conversion and Lightning looks like she can only rock the Dominatrix part of Quitis' Dominatrix/Hot-Teacher look).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: September 22, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

"Low-quality video of the FFXIV Miqo'te outfit." -- Lightning Returns News (Tumblr)

I think the only pre-FFX female characters that Lightning can pull of cosplaying as are FFV's Faris (the one I've been personally hoping to see)

It seems that there's a costume of Farin from V or something close to it. I haven't seen any screenshot or video of it yet I think.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: September 22, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »

Now, I want to replay V.  So underrated :(

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »

So the opening video is floating around the net, or whatever it's supposed to be.  We see Light, Snow, and [Pseudo-]Serah ver3.0.

.... In keeping with that small chat earlier about how Final Fantasy characters, despite looking like real people don't look like real people, I really dislike the "high speed anime combat" that you see in the "realistic" CGI trailers....  It bugged me with FF7AC, and it rubs me the wrong way now.  Granted, this does give you a lot more creative leeway than doing things to look like simple 'kung fu fighting' and all that.... but I think I just find it kinda silly looking.  

Or maybe I'm just old and hate what you kids like nowadays.

The plot looks like a bizarre mess that's completely detached from anything FF13-1 did .  But I can't help but be curious about it.  I don't know if it's because I want to watch a trainwreck happen or because.... well, I'm legitimately curious after the huge problems that surfaced since the end of 13-2.  That, and I definitely think the world looks both beautiful and interesting.

Oh, and here's an infomercial that reminds me of Lightning's new glasses:

Also, on the FFV thing.  I actually loved Berserkers.  They did a ton of damage and gave me  one less character to worry about.  I loved it.  I'd love a new FFV; but I guess Brave Default is subbing in (and that's not a bad thing).

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

I can't stop laughing at that infomercial, lol.

29 / Gamer / Collector / Certified Nerd

Currently Playing - Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4)
Waiting On - Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O (PS4), Final Fantasy XV (PS4), Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4), Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Fox, The Legend of Zelda, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »

from squareenix, YouTube:

FINAL FANTASY VII Aerith Gainsborough Costume (HD)

FINAL FANTASY XIV Miqo'te Costume (HD)

---

@Dice: As someone who has followed the XIII series for kind of a long time now I can tell you this:

・You do sound like an old fart. At least a bit of your post sounds like that (no offense though).

・Fast-paced battles are something the series has been trying to reach for years and just in the last few years it actually became a thing to have these battle systems with "a sense of speed" to them, which I think is great, not to mention that in XV this kind of cinematic action sequences are a big focus to the overall experience (for what it has been shown so far anyway).

・The only train wreck I've seen in my experience with XIII goes beyond of the game(s) itself with people bitching about retcons to the narrative, being "offended" with the ending of XIII-2 (which I liked a lot) and this stubbornness mixed with adult cynicism that part of the fanbase has with these games.

I don't know really... I feel so detached from the rest of the people that is into FF that I don't mind their attitude much, but sometimes they are way too exaggerated with their opinions. Then again any long-running franchise deals with this I guess...
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »

I don't mean the combat, I expect that to be fast and fancy.  I'm more just talking about the CGI (2:30 here in her fight with Snow).  Wielding massive weapons like it weighs as much as a ballpoint pen, then you got Lightning jumping from pillar to pillar like a squirrel running from a forest fire.  It just looks too phony to me to really enjoy the action. 

I think you might be a bit of a minority too.  People like FF13, just clearly not with the same passion as you (I feel that here with my love of Tri-Ace things and the hurt I feel reading the new PSO thread that has development being headed by them).

It's fair to make an argument for why you like it, but too often you like just poo-poo-ing people who don't see eye-to-eye with you*.  But more than that, after having the FF13 series around for basically the life-length of the PS3 itself, the storyline was not something that seemed to be considered a highlight.  Or, at the very least, good but with sometimes questionable decisions.

* Edit I guess I should really say that, you have tried to justify it... but you're pretty damn good at not letting it go when it's "brought up" again
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 02:22:59 PM by Dice » Logged

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: