Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338771 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 69187 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: February 05, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »

I received my e-mail for Cloud Strife’s SOLDIER 1st Class Uniform and Buster Sword, but I guess I can't redeem the voucher, until the game is released (no big deal).

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:15 PM »

Just received a shipping confirmation for my order from the Square Enix store. :D

Esura

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: February 07, 2014, 07:19:52 AM »

Just received a shipping confirmation for my order from the Square Enix store. :D

I hope I get one too. I'm a bit nervous about dealing with Digital River.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »

Mine just shipped :D

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »

IGN Review: 7.0

Likes the combat, the world, and the customization

Dislikes the story and tone

This seems to be the unanimous word on it (except I'm going to add that I think the music is fantastic). The 'likes' are definitely enough for me to buy it, but I'm probably gonna wait for when it hits $30 or less.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »

Hope mine comes in tomorrow. It was sent out on Wednesday and I paid for two-day shipping. Basically, Digital River just shipped it early standard and pocketed the shipping cost. Last time I order from that horrible store. If they keep up the SE Store exclusives, I'm going to start complaining loudly and hope others join me.

The idea doesn't even make any sense. Surely the more ways you distribute your product, the more business you're going to get and thus the more money you're going to make.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: February 10, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »

Mine comes in the mail tomorrow. I'm not expecting much. I liked the first enough to buy part 2, which was meh, and this one I was hoping would be like taking the best of both, but it looks like that isn't the case. Maybe I'll be wrong (which I'm hoping), but I've dialed down my minimal expectations again.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: February 10, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »

Mine comes in the mail tomorrow. I'm not expecting much. I liked the first enough to buy part 2, which was meh, and this one I was hoping would be like taking the best of both, but it looks like that isn't the case. Maybe I'll be wrong (which I'm hoping), but I've dialed down my minimal expectations again.

Yeah, they kinda went in a different direction on this one. What with the lack of a party and Stagger not being 'The Thing' anymore.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: February 10, 2014, 09:49:15 PM »

I hope mine arrives tomorrow afternoon, as promised by Digital River...

Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: February 11, 2014, 08:29:47 AM »

Hope mine comes in tomorrow. It was sent out on Wednesday and I paid for two-day shipping. Basically, Digital River just shipped it early standard and pocketed the shipping cost. Last time I order from that horrible store. If they keep up the SE Store exclusives, I'm going to start complaining loudly and hope others join me.

The idea doesn't even make any sense. Surely the more ways you distribute your product, the more business you're going to get and thus the more money you're going to make.

My collector's edition was at our local Fed Ex "distribution center"(They load their trucks off the plane just off the runway lol) yesterday morning. They decided not to deliver it yesterday because it was scheduled for delivery today...

doh
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: February 11, 2014, 09:10:54 AM »

This really isn't doing too hot review-wise. Gamespot gave it a 5/10, IGN 7/10

Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: February 11, 2014, 09:26:13 AM »

Here's my review: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Lightning_Returns_Final_Fantasy_XIII/index.html

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: February 11, 2014, 12:07:27 PM »

Your review seems to be one of the kinder reviews haha. It's got a 68 on metacritic right now with almost 30 reviews. Hopefully I at least enjoy it some like you did.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: February 11, 2014, 12:26:29 PM »

Considering the main problems seem to be with the story, and I don't put nearly as much weight towards a game's story as I used to, I'm sure I won't have any trouble getting plenty of enjoyment out of this game.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: February 11, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »

Yeah, I expect I'll enjoy it.

On another note, SE sent out their orders fast enough, about a week ago, with the free shipping option that it's arriving today.  Why pick anything but free shipping with them?  It seems like a waste.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: