Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 10:51:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338775 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Ace Attorney 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ace Attorney 5  (Read 5148 times)
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »

Star Ocean 1 on the SNES was one of those golden opportunities (and actually made the "advanced" PSP version leave a bad taste in my mouth).

Is there something wrong with the translation of the psp version? I still havent played any star ocean game but I am really interested in doing so.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »

I've posted it a few times, but I'll give a quick summary.
Not so much translation issues, but it was just incredibly half-assed that I'd RATHER play the old SNES game than "enhanced" PSP version.

- The SNES games were more impressive for it's time than the PSP is for its time
- It almost LITERALLY copy/pastes the entire battle skills and item creation and battle system from SO2
- Tinek is seriously....fucking seriously Ranma Saotome it's stupid.
- Millie is a redraw of Rena Lanford's sprite
- Ok, pet peeve; why do names HAVE TO BE IN CAPS? 
- Graphical lackluster: one big offender was Mt Metox at the begining, see the PSP version and the same place on the SNES.  One is a muddy brown hill, the other one at least attempts some creativity and floral and fauna.
- Ratix's name change to ....RODDICK.  ROD-DICK. RODDICK.  RATIX.  wtf.  Normally I don't object name changes, but I don't think they picked something better even if the original name was just as much made of nonsense.  The Engrish name "Fear" just sounded more Engrish-y in English: "Phia"

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

Some of that stuff sounds incredibly nitpicky for someone like me who has no context with the series whatsoever.
However I can see how a fan would get annoyed by those things. The only complain that "affects" me would be the graphical lazyness of the enhanced port.
I respect your opinion though, I just cant relate to it too much.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:13:06 PM by Holykael1 » Logged

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »

Some of that stuff sounds incredibly nitpicky for someone like me who has no context with the series whatsoever.
However I can see how a fan would get annoyed by those things. The only complain that "affects" me would be the graphical lazyness of the enhanced port.
I respect your opinion though, I just cant relate to it too much.

The graphical laziness bugs me because I loved and played SO2 probably more times than I can count (so I could see the similarity right the f*** away).  And yeah, it IS nitpicky, and since there isn't any other way to enjoy SO1 in the States, I totally recommend it.  But back in SNES days, SO1 rocked my world, so....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 05:05:45 AM »

What do you guys think about the new look of Apollo Justice? Did they just pull a Raiden on him? Meaning that since people didnt like him that much they had to go out of their way and make him all badass looking.

I personally liked Apollo and I dont really mind the change, the latest trailer from the japanese nintendo direct of ace attorney 5 was rather promising( They showed Pearl grown up for instance), however the cases will be much more insane than usual judging from that trailer. Im so excited to see how they will continue the story.

I am a little bit worried because the original creator didnt work on ace attorney 5 because he was busy with professor layton vs ace attorney.

I am also super worried about the voice acting. I hope they have an option to turn it off. I dont know if I can handle bad voice acting with some of my favourite characters in gaming history, this of course if it turns out to be bad.. I hate the voice actor of phoenix wright, the one who voiced him in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Arent they going to re cast that guy for ace attorney 5? That kinda sucks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:08:53 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »

What do you guys think about the new look of Apollo Justice? Did they just pull a Raiden on him? Meaning that since people didnt like him that much they had to go out of their way and make him all badass looking.

Raiden on MGS2 was there to antagonize the player. They didn't created him just for the sake of having a new character.

Nowadays his character has changed a lot, which is fine by me (then again I never had much of a problem with him in the first place).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:53:31 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 03:48:02 PM »

Raiden on MGS2 was there to antagonize the player. They didn't created him just for the sake of having a new character.

Nowadays his character has changed a lot, which is fine by me (then again I never had much of a problem with him in the first place).

Well I never said that they did either. I meant what I said in the sense that they made him into a cyborg ninja so people would start liking him. I didnt mind him too.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies' DLC chapter confirmed for the West / Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies to cost $30 and €25 -- Source: Siliconera

Brazilian turnabout: 14-year-old Phoenix Wright player makes unlikely comeback in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 -- Source: EventHubs
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/28/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-new-screens-and-price-announced

$30

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 06:22:49 PM »

Dual Destines Q&A: Ace Attorney Producer Motohide Eshiro answers your questions -- Source: Capcom Unity

Is there still any hope for a physical release of Dual Destinies in the West?

Eshiro: "In response to fan feedback we looked into a Western physical release of Dual Destinies but from the beginning of the project, one of our goals has been to bring the game to the Western market much more quickly than we have been able to in the past. As text adventures, the Ace Attorney games require a lot of time for localization, so we really moved the proverbial mountains and had a lot of people work very hard to get the text localized as quickly as possible—while of course maintaining the high quality level fans are accustomed to.

As part of this, we made the decision to release on digital-only in the West in order to take manufacturing time out of the equation and allow the release date to be as early as possible. So the answer is, no, Dual Destinies will be a digital download-only release in the West."

Do you think that having the game english only worldwide will have a very big negative impact in sales? Wouldn't have been better releasing it a bit later but with more language options?

Eshiro: "This ties in with my previous answer, but localizing into multiple languages would have taken a very long time, and this would push the Western release a lot further out from the Japanese release. We therefore made the decision to localize into English only in order to get the game to Western fans as soon as possible."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 10:48:46 PM »

I call bullshit on this, because they're going to have to do a French language release for Canada.

And what does speed have to do with releasing a game digitally?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: