Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335276 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Bayonetta 2.......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Bayonetta 2.......  (Read 4642 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:10 AM »

I was actually half-joking, both about how quickly the last price drop came, and how long I think it may take for this to get released (the trailer showed absolutely nothing, I can only assume it's because they have nothing to show yet). I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U did terribly enough that they need to drop the price within the first 12 months, though. All the signs seem to point it, as far as I can tell.
Yeah I was thinking about the Wii though and how long it took for a price drop.

Some people is getting all wet thinking about Bayonetta being in the next Smash Bros. now.

Well it's certainly plausible.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 12:54:24 AM »

The Wii was a massive Success, though...I don't think even Nintendo expects to get those numbers again. That right there might contribute to a slower drop in price, though.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »

What sucks about this is that even if I don't have intentions to get a Wii U, I know that I'll watch the trailers and gameplay videos and I'm gonna get all hyped. :<

Is like Sin & Punishment 2 all over again for me.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 02:24:11 AM »

Not getting a WiiU and crossing my fingers that the exclusivity is just a phase that Bayo2 will grow out of.

If Nintendo actively funded this game to be developed it's not happening.

I suppose I'll keep my mind open about the WiiU then. I like to hold off thinking about purchasing a console until there is at least 10 games on it I wanna play. With Bayo2, I guess that means the WiiU has one now. Not to say that the WiiU doesn't have any good looking games or anything, just none that have caught my eye.

And with all that said, I hope this game is just as campy and over-the-top as the original.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 06:46:35 AM »

especially when technical capability is roughly on par

This is hard for me to sympathize with.
No gameplay details, and people start complaining.
Never mind that it could make (potentially innovative) use of its new controls and god forbid it possibly enhance gameplay, we want enhanced graphics.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »

especially when technical capability is roughly on par

This is hard for me to sympathize with.
No gameplay details, and people start complaining.
Never mind that it could make (potentially innovative) use of its new controls and god forbid it possibly enhance gameplay, we want enhanced graphics.

Actually, this is more "It could probably run on the other consoles, but won't come out on them anyway", not "this could look better!". If the Wii U really did curbstomp the other consoles entirely I'd find the bitching dumber, it already is kind of exasperating but it's easier to sympathize with the other angle.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »

"Bayonetta is a brand that we want to see become stronger, reaching the hands of more and more gamers, so we have continued to consult with SEGA the previous game's publisher on how we can make sure this takes place. Our answer was a new partnership with Nintendo."

Tatsuya Minami
President & CEO, PlatinumGames Inc.

Bayonetta 2 joins The Wonderful 101 on Wii U

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 05:30:45 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 09:45:19 PM »

Ok, I did say I can sympathize with people who wanted it on 360/PS3, but seeing those kinds of bitchy responses (or so I'm assuming) makes people look more children having a temper tantrum than anyone respectable. Especially with Nintendo directly publishing rather than Sega arbitrarily deciding on this. Dragon Quest/Monster Hunter this definitely isn't.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »

Not getting a WiiU and crossing my fingers that the exclusivity is just a phase that Bayo2 will grow out of.

If Nintendo actively funded this game to be developed it's not happening.

I suppose I'll keep my mind open about the WiiU then. I like to hold off thinking about purchasing a console until there is at least 10 games on it I wanna play. With Bayo2, I guess that means the WiiU has one now. Not to say that the WiiU doesn't have any good looking games or anything, just none that have caught my eye.

And with all that said, I hope this game is just as campy and over-the-top as the original.

I think I'm like you on this. But not only I'm going to wait until there are about 10 games I want, I will also wait for a huge price drop.
For me it's a shame I won't be playing this game anytime soon because Bayonetta is among my 5 favorite games from this gen, I've beaten it on both 360 and PS3 and many times on the PS3. I can only hope they port it to the 3DS but who am I kidding.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 04:08:35 AM »

I'm not getting the Wii U at launch, but I do plan to get it as soon as I have the money.

The people whining about Bayonetta are fucking plebs though. I understand being disappointed but directing death threats at Platinum Games for making a game that was funded by Nintendo a Nintendo Exclusive? Are these people just retarded or something? Jesus.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »

For lack of better words: people sending death threats need to get laid... or something.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 04:36:48 PM »

Bayonetta 2 for Wii U: Get over it

The people whining about Bayonetta are fucking plebs though. I understand being disappointed but directing death threats at Platinum Games for making a game that was funded by Nintendo a Nintendo Exclusive? Are these people just retarded or something? Jesus.

I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of the death threats were a way to get the attention of the people at PlatinumGames and nothing more than that. If some of those mofos were serious about it, well... that's their problem.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »

I'm pretty sure most (if not all) of the death threats were a way to get the attention of the people at PlatinumGames and nothing more than that. If some of those mofos were serious about it, well... that's their problem.

It's a fucking shitty way to get attention then. I don't think anyone remotely sane wants to have death threats thrown at them, even in jest.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »

It's a fucking shitty way to get attention then. I don't think anyone remotely sane wants to have death threats thrown at them, even in jest.

Agreed.

It's seriously just a game people; this is just a collection of polygons made to resemble an over-sexed Sarah Palin who acts like Dante. There are death threats over this.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 04:15:19 AM »

Yeah but you guys are missing something. Kamiya doesn't care, he never cares...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: