Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:15:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319256 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Soda in NY/ Bad Food ONT!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Soda in NY/ Bad Food ONT!  (Read 5126 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »

Drink water if you're concerned about the cost of empty calories
You ever find water at a worksite where most of the site is a construction zone? Yeah, doesn't happen very often, resorting to store where I still need to buy water. If I'm home, sure, water is the most cost effective option, I'm not buying a small bottle of water for $1.50 when a can of shitty iced tea is double the size at a buck. Even mcdonalds charges for a cup of water, fucking lame. Water is free....my ass.

TASTY!
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »

Yeah, I had a on-the-road job at one point and you pretty much have to live off fast-food and sodas there too =/
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 01:18:55 PM »

Go to a grocery store and buy palette of bottles of water for cheap and keep them in your car.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »

Go to a grocery store and buy palette of bottles of water for cheap and keep them in your car.

Wouldn't they get too hot in summer?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2012, 05:03:49 PM »

Given that our car had no AC... oh yeah.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42:48 AM »

Drink water if you're concerned about the cost of empty calories
You ever find water at a worksite where most of the site is a construction zone? Yeah, doesn't happen very often, resorting to store where I still need to buy water. If I'm home, sure, water is the most cost effective option, I'm not buying a small bottle of water for $1.50 when a can of shitty iced tea is double the size at a buck. Even mcdonalds charges for a cup of water, fucking lame. Water is free....my ass.

Spend 15 bux on this and have it forever. Make your own iced tea or just put water in it.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2012, 07:36:46 AM »

Yeah, I used to have a couple of those when I worked at a trade job. I couldn't imagine sucking down sodas or iced tea if I was thirsty, and it's way cheaper than buying drinks every day.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2012, 10:48:17 AM »

I wanna counter that so badly, but it's a solid suggestion. Doesn't work for my case, as I can't sprout a third hand and generally food and drinks aren't allowed on site, but for 98% of everyone else with a normal job, it's indeed a good suggestion. 9/10 Yoda, I concede this round.

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »

Wouldn't they get too hot in summer?

Actually I can counter argue that with a 'no'. Check the temperatures for Oklahoma during the July/August months this year. We were cracking the 110 range. Every once in a while I'd forget to bring a bottle in and leave it out in the no-AC no working front-windows car.

Did it get hot? Heck yeah.
Does your body register that water's heat if you're out in those temperatures for any amount of time? Nope.

Water is water for your body so long as it isn't physically boiling. It actually tastes and feels 'good'. Not 'refreshing' but your body still says "OMG Thank you!".
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »

I wanna counter that so badly, but it's a solid suggestion. Doesn't work for my case, as I can't sprout a third hand and generally food and drinks aren't allowed on site, but for 98% of everyone else with a normal job, it's indeed a good suggestion. 9/10 Yoda, I concede this round.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: