Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:07:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319255 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ragnarok Odyssey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ragnarok Odyssey  (Read 2240 times)
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »

While waiting forever for this delayed game this year, I bought, played and just finished Gungnir. I played the begining of RO on Vita as my first Vita title. I wasn't terribly impressed from the get-go. The menu itemization takes a bit of getting used to since you don't always know what is from what after you complete a quest. Timed quests is interesting as it rushes you to not dilly dally and get straight to action.

The frustrating thing I had experienced was going through the quest to only be killed by the boss after I ran out of potions. Perhaps I need to take up the multiplayer mantle to get through some of the tougher bosses.

As far as the story goes, I felt it was missing, but again, I probably just need to progress some more. I'll give this another try before maybe moving onto the other Ragnarok title; Ragnarok Tactics.

If anyone wants to add me to their RO party/multiplayer as well, my PSN handle is cbrd1025.

Playing: FFXIII-2 (PS3) and Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS).
Supermangb

PSN Supermangb06

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »

Feel free to add me as well, supermangb06

Currently just into chapter 5, finally starting to see the customization of weapons and cards having an affect!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »

As a swordsman I'm still using my defense based sword, as it happens to have a pretty decent ATK growth.  I think it's the Yr 2hander... it was from an earlier chapter, and I haven't been able to justify using even the executioner swords in Chapter 4.  I think I'm in Chapter 4 at least.

You all who added me, lets try to use our bedroom poring-angels to send each other a constant flow of items, eh?  You don't lose items you send through near; they are duplicated just for your friends.

I put my sword in there, if I remember.

I'm not drunk yet, though my memory is failing, obviously :P

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Supermangb

PSN Supermangb06

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »

I'll do the same, i have some +4 weaps for swordsman. I have gone the glass cannon route with him, 30ish defense but over 390 atk with fairly high hp and ap. Stuck on the chap 6 boss which is the huge ice giant guy, pain in the ass!
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:28 PM »

My friend got this and said it's super hard in single player. I'm thinking of getting it and playing through. Is it easier with two people? And the opnline co-op... can you playt he whole campaign or just some cheap thrown in there co-op modes?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 12:18:24 AM »

the difficulty is highly dependant on your class and wether you know someone that can near you stuff.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 12:45:27 PM »

Sort of a dead thread, but this post is relevant unless we want to create a new topic for the newly released Ragnarok Odyssey Ace:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/01/ragnarok-odyssey-ace-out-today-for-ps3-ps-vita/

Was going to pick up the original when I first got my Vita, but then I heard a newer version was coming out...

Wait, what? Free Grandia Costumes as DLC? Do they mean, that Grandia?? I am tempted...
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 06:05:44 PM »

I didn't follow any news about this game or check it out at all til today (ACE that is).

I don't know why it is tempting me but it is....

How is the gameplay? That is, if I HATED how clunky monster hunter 3 felt how does this compare?

Also, is this strictly enjoyable as a multi-player or can I indulge a single player campaign and still get enough out of it/complete it?

I know nothing at all about Ragnarock Odyssey, but am always enticed with that which is new and unfamiliar to me.

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »

I believe there is a demo for the original version on PSN for Vita. I remember playing it last year, coming away mildly impressed and thinking the controls were not the worst ever. I've really liked Ragnarok since its iRO days (but lack of a credit card back then prevented me from playing, and then WoW happened) so I may be a bit biased. I will probably wait for a sale or something before picking this up.

Can't really comment on the mulitplayer aspect though.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »

I borrowed this off a friend a couple months ago. It's not bad, but it's basically just another gods eater/lord of arcana/monster hunter game. I like it as a fun action romp, but if you don't plan on playing multiplayer, it's not as fun imo.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »

Traded in my original Ragnarok Odyssey for Ragnarok Odyssey Ace today. Kind of bummed you can't transfer characters (that I know of) so I started a new mage. Obviously haven't gotten to the new content, but a lot of the small convenience changes are pretty nice. I think that's what I like about Odyssey more than Monster Hunter: It's all about simplicity. No setting up camp or pressing an extra button to get loot from monsters. No harvesting or bug catching. Just grab a mission, spend five or ten minutes whacking monsters and scooping up their drops, rinse and repeat.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 04:11:22 AM »

Traded in my original Ragnarok Odyssey for Ragnarok Odyssey Ace today. Kind of bummed you can't transfer characters (that I know of) so I started a new mage. Obviously haven't gotten to the new content, but a lot of the small convenience changes are pretty nice. I think that's what I like about Odyssey more than Monster Hunter: It's all about simplicity. No setting up camp or pressing an extra button to get loot from monsters. No harvesting or bug catching. Just grab a mission, spend five or ten minutes whacking monsters and scooping up their drops, rinse and repeat.

Is there an overarching story, or is it just get quest X and kill monster Y?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 07:51:44 AM »

Bought it, and Toukiden.  I look forward to mashing buttons until monsters burst like pinatas.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:27 AM »

Is there an overarching story, or is it just get quest X and kill monster Y?

There's a "story," but it's basically "Giant monsters are breaking through this barrier and we need to stop them."

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:10 PM »

I'm Mojotron on PSN.  Carried my character design and cards over from the original, and am feeling confident.  The short and simple missions are conducive to my lifestyle.  Lots of fun.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: