Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 04:12:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319062 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age Three (3)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age Three (3)  (Read 8519 times)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:21 AM »

Probably day one...I am one of the few, the proud...I loved DA2! I thought the game was simply awesome!

The combat was a lot fun and I loved the companions. They just have to not be so lazy and rushed with level designed and the end plot of the game and DA3 will be a great game.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 03:15:48 AM »

next gen?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/28/looks-like-dragon-age-iii-is-next-gen.aspx

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 05:46:47 AM »

Well, DA3 is a Frostbite 2 Engine game after all.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 06:01:40 AM »

Fine with me, they should take their time.  DA2's biggest problem was that it was rushed.

Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »

The difficulty settings were also a complete disaster.
MadAngryFrustrated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »

I am a die-hard fan of Dragon Age: Origins (poured about 300 hours into it), but I absolutely despised Dragon Age 2... I hated nearly everything about it, and it was most likely the biggest disappointment of my "gaming career".
I'm still waiting for Dragon Age 3 and hoping it'll at least be decent, but I don't expect much at this point to be honest. I doubt that they will be able to recapture the magic Origin had, and the recent changes within Bioware would seem to indicate that.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »

"Few concrete details are known concerning BioWare's upcoming Dragon Age III: Inquisition, but the developer has now gone on record saying it has been influenced by The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Speaking to Game Informer (via Kotaku), BioWare Edmonton and Montreal general manager Aaryn Flynn said it would be impossible to create a role-playing game today without acknowledging and reacting to Bethesda's award-winning game."

"You can't look at a game like Skyrim and not think about how impressive what they've accomplished is or [think] that's an interesting new direction or that there was something that didn't work well for them that we could take in a new direction," Flynn said. "So, we're always influenced by these games, especially in a relatively tight-knit genre like RPGs."
-- Source: Gamespot
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »

A tight-knit genre? That's stupid. Apparently the zillion subgenres of RPG don't count.

Actually you can easily ignore a game like Skyrim. Especially since the core design philosophy behind DA is completely different from TES. I'll take a more narrow slice of 'content' with more carefully designed gameplay over 'here, have a shitload of mediocre randomness.'

Unless your owner says your game must sell a bazillion copies, so make it like Skyrim,' there's no reason to homogenize.

Also, Skyrim wasn't a new direction. Unless you count selling way more than its predecessors despite being the same basic game' as a new direction. Which is exactly what he's saying, in PR speak.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:47:54 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »

Oh? You'd think they'd take inspiration out of The Witcher 2 with the whole fiasco there was about Bioware employees giving 10s to DA2 and 0s to TW2.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »

A tight-knit genre? That's stupid. Apparently the zillion subgenres of RPG don't count.

Actually you can easily ignore a game like Skyrim. Especially since the core design philosophy behind DA is completely different from TES. I'll take a more narrow slice of 'content' with more carefully designed gameplay over 'here, have a shitload of mediocre randomness.'

Unless your owner says your game must sell a bazillion copies, so make it like Skyrim,' there's no reason to homogenize.

Also, Skyrim wasn't a new direction. Unless you count selling way more than its predecessors despite being the same basic game' as a new direction. Which is exactly what he's saying, in PR speak.

Couldn't agree more.  Personally I've never really liked Bethesda's RPGs and it's sad to see Bioware being so insecure about their own legacy.  They have been responsible for some really great games (including the original Dragon Age) that are in a completely different style than Bethesda.  A style I actually like.

I can only pray that this is just PR speak and they're not actually abandoning the things used to make them great...

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »

Couldn't agree more.  Personally I've never really liked Bethesda's RPGs and it's sad to see Bioware being so insecure about their own legacy.  They have been responsible for some really great games (including the original Dragon Age) that are in a completely different style than Bethesda.  A style I actually like.

I can only pray that this is just PR speak and they're not actually abandoning the things used to make them great...

I also agree. I loved Skyrim, but I also loved Dragon Age (both games), and I play them both for different game experiences. As much as I loved Skyrim/Fallout, I can only take so much of their open-world game formula.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »

Perhaps he's thinking of big-name WRPGs.  I have noticed a tendency for some WRPG developers to ignore the existence of JPRGs and small projects from the west.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 09:44:55 AM »

Perhaps he's thinking of big-name WRPGs.  I have noticed a tendency for some WRPG developers to ignore the existence of JPRGs and small projects from the west.

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that before.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2012, 01:06:42 AM »

Well, I think most WRPG designers don't take JRPGs seriously. At all. At this point, can't really blame them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:21:37 PM by Raziel » Logged
heime2003

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2012, 09:39:31 PM »

Stupid EA
they dont change or improve things unless they get showered by criticism from media or fans

they are continuing the failed project called mass effect into 4th installment and will mess up DA series too

money dont produce talent or generate enthusiasm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: