Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 10:38:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334689 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  TGS 2012: Smaller, lighter PS3 model unveiled, $269.99 (MSRP)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: TGS 2012: Smaller, lighter PS3 model unveiled, $269.99 (MSRP)  (Read 3060 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2012, 01:40:58 AM »

"The new PS3 will be available in two different models, with 250GB and 500GB HDDs which will allow you to store even more of your digital life. It also features a smaller, streamlined design that will look great as part of any entertainment system. The new model is approximately 20% smaller and 25% lighter than the current PS3."

"We are also excited to announce that the launch of this new PS3 model will include incredible additional value. The 250GB PS3 will be available on September 25th for $269.99 (MSRP) as part of a limited edition bundle featuring UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception: Game of the Year Edition and a voucher for more than $30 worth of bonus digital content for the highly acclaimed digital title, DUST 514. This bundle offers more than $70 in total combined value." -- PlayStation.Blog

PlayStation 3 Uncharted 3: Game of the Year Bundle:

Bundle Contents:

・PlayStation 3 System 250GB
・Uncharted 3: Game of the Year Edition
・Dust 514 game + over $30 of Dust DLC (Voucher)
・DualShock 3 wireless controller
・AC Power Cord
・AV Cable
・USB Cable

So, Wii U and PS3 prices are at near parity in Japan... -- NeoGAF
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:51:02 AM »

AV cable get fucked

I got a new 360 when I bought a PC and it came with and AV cable.

I hooked it up to my tv for shits and giggles using that and barfed all over.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 04:26:58 AM »

"AV" isn't a specific type of cable, it's the most general category (Audio/Visual).  Even HDMI is a type of AV cable.  I think you're talking about composite cables...

In other words, they're just friggin vague.  Though it likely is composite...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 05:58:38 AM »

"To tie in with the launch, PlayStation Store for PS3 is set to get a new look from October 2012 too, making it even easier for you to find and download the content you love from the comfort of your sofa." -- Source: http://au.playstation.com

Perhaps it'll look like the beta portal.

About time.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 08:14:05 AM »

the beta portal requires 720p and since im currently saving up for a hd tv :(

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »

"AV" isn't a specific type of cable, it's the most general category (Audio/Visual).  Even HDMI is a type of AV cable.  I think you're talking about composite cables...

In other words, they're just friggin vague.  Though it likely is composite...

The $350 PS3 I bought last year (October of Last Year...) even came with a composite cable. I'd be very surprised if this cheaper model came with an HDMI.

EDIT: Or was it a component? I'm not sure now...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »

I get composite /component confused as well.

To clarify my new xbox came w/ the same thing I hooked my snes up to the tv w/.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »

Still including composite as the baseline is the single stupidest thing done about the jump to HD. Even Nintendo has more sense than that, bundling HDMI with both Wii U bundles.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 03:07:02 PM »

I get composite /component confused as well.

To clarify my new xbox came w/ the same thing I hooked my snes up to the tv w/.

Composite, I'm guessing. Red/Yellow/White connectors, right?

The PS3's official "A/V Cables" are a composite, btw: http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/av-cable-ps3.html

Even my 2009 360 came with a component cable, albeit it was a weird hybrid, so it was attatched to a composite as well. At least I used the cable it came with, anyways.

EDIT: Yay, I have over 1000 posts now, and a post count over 1 (which is a record for me).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:10:39 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »

What's unfortunate is that they don't ship that hybrid cable with the slim units.  Honestly one of the best, customer-friendly options out there for cabling.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 03:20:27 PM »

What's unfortunate is that they don't ship that hybrid cable with the slim units.  Honestly one of the best, customer-friendly options out there for cabling.

Oh yeah, it was definitely a good idea. They stopped doing it now, though? Weird. That was one of the smarter things Microsoft did with the system...

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »

Oh yeah, it was definitely a good idea. They stopped doing it now, though? Weird. That was one of the smarter things Microsoft did with the system...

Not so much weird as it is a cash grab.  Why give away a $15 cable that 80% of your customers need and 75% of that subset will probably buy from you?

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 05:55:25 PM »

Still including composite as the baseline is the single stupidest thing done about the jump to HD. Even Nintendo has more sense than that, bundling HDMI with both Wii U bundles.

Pretty sure they do that for the HDMI cable makers to profit.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »

Pretty sure they do that for the HDMI cable makers to profit.

It blows my mind just how much people pay for HDMI at retail.  I will stick to my $2 Monoprice cabling.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 06:29:10 PM »

Yeah, retail prices for HDMI are insane.  I think I paid like $5 for mine.

But what really drives me nuts are the expensive Monster cables and shit.  You can spend over $100 on an HDMI cable if you want...and it means absolutely nothing.  I mean, Monster cables are ridiculous even for analog stuff but at least there you could conceivably imagine that there theoretically could be a difference.  With a digital cable like HDMI, either the signal gets there or it doesn't.  There is just no way some expensive cable is going to change the picture quality.  It's 100% a scam.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: