Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 07:39:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327140 Posts in 13390 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Hearts HD -1.5 ReMIX- (PS3) and Kingdom Hearts for PC browsers announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts HD -1.5 ReMIX- (PS3) and Kingdom Hearts for PC browsers announced  (Read 11289 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »

Oh shit, they redid the OST?

Yeah they did, and I still have this track on my head since the first time I heard it a while ago:

Vector to the Heavens
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:56:56 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2013, 07:04:43 PM »

I honestly love the hell out of the new versions of Dearly Beloved.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2013, 12:12:46 AM »

Yeah they did, and I still have this track on my head since the first time I heard it a while ago:

Vector to the Heavens
Holy shit. That is an amazing song. I said I wasn't going to buy this game... crap.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 01:12:58 AM »

I was mildly interested in buying this, but the new soundtrack is madness and convinced me to. Vector to the Heavens is done gloriously, as are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyaWwq4CfTk Lord of the Castle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7NU9jBNbjw&list=PLhcSrKyqhfh62PULzXnybRJVhBZSbEYVe Traverse Town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2gjL_jkl0s SWEET JESUS HOLLOW BASTION

Unfortunately, the only track redone for Chain of Memories was Lord of the Castle. All the rest are the original versions. I hope Birth by Sleep in KH2.5 gets the full treatment.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2013, 01:29:55 AM »

Sweet Jesus Hollow Bastion! I don't know when I'm going to make time to play it, but I am going to buy it.

I doubt KH2.5 will get the full soundtrack treatment, it doesn't seem very Square Enix to me. Don't the rearranged songs stick out?

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2013, 02:13:12 AM »

Oh my Lord, Hollow Bastion.

Wow.

That's a string of brilliance right there, wow.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2013, 02:52:39 AM »

While we're on the subject,

http://destati.jp/

the door opens in 4 days.

Based on some poking around, I think it's an orchestral arrangement in the vein of Pokemon Reorchestrated. If you go to destati.jp/door, you get a neat little message that says 'GO THE FUCK AWAY FOR A LITTLE WHILE.'

I've heard it's got something to do with Sebastian Wolff which would be fucking awesome because Wolff is awesome. That could be completely wrong, though.

Also I like the sample a lot. I'll be keeping an eye on that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:55:01 AM by Taelus » Logged

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2013, 03:02:33 AM »

Just got to the Alice in Wonderland World again and wow.  I don't think it needs to be said yet again, but they did wonders on this OST.  They turned a song I actually disliked into something beautiful - dat violin section, with the more prominent flutes.  Definitely looking forward to the Nightmare Before Christmas level.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2013, 03:46:49 AM »

You won't be disappointed :) And yeah, I did always love Wonderland's battle theme and regular theme, but the song absolutely shines on 1.5.

Also another track they did AWESOMELY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAf44FHyI8c Critical Drive from 358. Sweet jesus, the piano.

In all honesty, much as I like HD remakes (good ones), I'd actually see 're-orchestrated soundtrack' as a bigger selling point than sharper graphics. I love that Square is doing this for KH and FFX.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »

Hey guys. Total unfamiliar with KH here...

Started this up yesterday and without knowing what I was doing I picked sword and gave up shield. I notice I am using a the sword and can't discern any way to guard... and I LOATHE the gameplay. Did/does this initial decision in the beginning impact the actual control or capabilities of Sora? And lastly, does this gameplay improve as things like magic and other abilities become available?

I have an aversion to disney as it is and avoided KH my whole life and felt it deserved a fair trial but this is proving to be a bit hard to digest for me... I will say that the environments and music are top notch though :)

Something about these characters visuals are a real eye-sore to me as well. Sora in particular feels and looks so awkward and jarring to me. I wish there was some costume DLC for this game-HAhaha
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:02:31 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2013, 04:23:30 PM »

The choices in the beginning impact the order in which you receive abilities.

Abilities are things like additional combo hits, different combo strings, special moves, etc.

But if I'm being honest, if you LOATHE the gameplay, it's never going to really change much (other than you getting cooler moves), and if you don't like Disney, you're probably not the right audience for it.

On the other hand, you might like KH2 more, the combat is much better. Or Birth by Sleep.

All that said, the later-game environments are pretty fantastic, so it might be worth playing through just to see them :)

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2013, 05:43:36 PM »

Started this up yesterday and without knowing what I was doing I picked sword and gave up shield. I notice I am using a the sword and can't discern any way to guard... and I LOATHE the gameplay. Did/does this initial decision in the beginning impact the actual control or capabilities of Sora? And lastly, does this gameplay improve as things like magic and other abilities become available?

You get an ability that lets you guard later.  Same with rolling.  You don't have everything right from the start.

Magic becomes available pretty early, starting with Fire, then the other elements, then things like Cure and Aero.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »

I picked this up today. I'm kind of looking forward to going into the new soundtrack without having heard the old one, as everyone seems enthusiastic about it.

And because I'm playing on an SD TV, the letters are a bit small and fuzzy and the title looks like "Kingdom Hearts Anal Mix".

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2013, 07:14:26 AM »

Hey guys. Total unfamiliar with KH here...

I have an aversion to disney as it is and avoided KH my whole life and felt it deserved a fair trial but this is proving to be a bit hard to digest for me... I will say that the environments and music are top notch though :)

Something about these characters visuals are a real eye-sore to me as well. Sora in particular feels and looks so awkward and jarring to me. I wish there was some costume DLC for this game-HAhaha
I don't know how much my experience will really mesh with yours, but I found myself cursing the game as I went through a few of the early game bosses because I was just lacking a few "necessary abilities". However around the time that I finished Tarzan's world I found the gameplay being a bit more manageable due to having unlocked a few important abilities such as dodge roll and Cure (or maybe that was after Traverse Town-redux). So I would say keep at it until you beat the second boss in Traverse Town, if you still hate the gameplay then, then I don't know if you will ever like it.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2013, 09:46:51 AM »

Had a really odd bug last night. All of a sudden I noticed that 90% of the sound effects had disappeared. Mostly menu-related sound effects, including opening treasure chests and collecting bubbles. I didn't try turning the game off and back on, so hopefully that works today.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: