Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 12:38:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329252 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Hearts HD -1.5 ReMIX- (PS3) and Kingdom Hearts for PC browsers announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts HD -1.5 ReMIX- (PS3) and Kingdom Hearts for PC browsers announced  (Read 12092 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »

Weird.

On an unrelated note, I will always despise "fat" enemies in Kingdom Hearts games.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »

Knowing nothing of Disney, this game is starting to grow on me for no other reason then I feel like I am getting a crash course on something major I missed out on growing up. That said I think a great deal of this is striking me as a wee bit stranger then it would most.

The gameplay does seemed to have improved a bit with abilities and dodge roll becoming available. Then again, maybe I am just getting used to it.

One thing that will never grow on my however is the size of Sora's shoes/feet. What the hell.... Feet of that size should be addressed by the plot. Explained in some sense... did Sora descend from a line of mountain scaling dwarves? Does elephantitus of the foot run rampant on his little island? I'm pretending so, because otherwise that is uncalled for...

Something about the gummi ship mini segments vaguely remind me of the first star fox which is a plus.

Oddly enough, I really hate how "tacked on" the FF characters are. I feel as though I am getting a cheap imitation knock-offs of all these characters that truly are on nostalgic pedestals in my mind.

All in all though this is proving a keeper for me I think. The production value is high enough to easily forget the lesser qualms I have with the title. Plus if I don't see this through I am gonna be all sorts of disgusted/jealous as I see inevitable sequels come to pass.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »

I think you'll enjoy KH2 even more, then. His shoes become normal-er!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »

Just imagine that the shoes are big in order to allow him to survive those long falls with no damage whatsoever. XD
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »

God... I absolutely *haatee* the low-res character models (y;know, the one where the characters have a 2-frame talking animation and their mouths look like dolls).  I know it's a lot less effort than animating the face every time, but I do love the hi-res model's actual emotive reactions, so it's a drag when they don't use them.

A big kudos too to them finding a *lot* of the original actors for the Disney characters.

A big "holy hell" goes to Deep Jungle for having some of the most obnoxious vine swinging mechanics ever fucking made in the history of videogames.

Anyways, I hope they'll announce KH2.5 soon...like really soon.  I'm bitching a lot, but I am have a gay old time with KH1, I missed it a bit.  I do wish that they'd take a hint from Wind Waker HD and at least add some bloom effect to really spice up the graphics in the next game.  For the most part though, the graphics did age well, I remember KH always looking lovely on any system it was on (and I love the "soft shading" on the character models; it was a good way to make cartoons still keep the integrity of the feature they're from but translate them into 3D).

I was kinda bummed that 358/2 Days wasn't playable so I bought an actual copy.  ...it technically looks awful, but it's otherwise damn impressive what they accomplished on the DS.  I guess it was too much effort to make that whole game playable in HD though?

Also, anyone play Chain of Memories?  Is it worth giving it a go?  My early impressions were of the "meh" varietal. 

Finally; I hate the fat heartless.  Like 11/10 hate.  Like how I hate tomatoes and insects hate.

Last tidbit: Anyone else notice that like....EVERYONE has BLUE EYES??  As a brown eyed girl, I feel a little left out... D:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:20:40 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »

Chain of Memories has probably 3 or 4 bosses near the end that're collectively harder than Xaldin and depend a lot on luck, but aside from that it's a fun game even if nearly every world is a rehash of KH1 worlds.
It benefits massively from having plenty of buttons for combat, since on GBA cycling through the deck was done with L and R but selecting a card for a sleight/special attack used L+R.
Rebirth/Reverse seems to be a solid improvement on the battle system since reloading is minimized iiirc.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2013, 04:36:16 PM »

Has the Gummy Ship garage/crafting function proven ridiculously difficult to get the hang of for anyone else or am I just an idiot?

It feels as though the interface and control scheme is sooooooo awkward and unintuitive I am constantly just flipping my ship around on accident and struggling to move things in the correct places (and to no avail mind you...). Someone please tell me I can safely ignore this aspect of the game.... please...

Last tidbit: Anyone else notice that like....EVERYONE has BLUE EYES??  As a brown eyed girl, I feel a little left out... D:

Apparently it was required that you have at least a size 14 shoe AND blue eyes to make the main cast of KH. Anyone who didn't make the cut back in 2002 got passed off onto Unlimited Saga.

I feel left out too Dice.... Well I've got blue eyes, I only wear a size 8 :/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:37:47 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2013, 05:50:15 PM »

Has the Gummy Ship garage/crafting function proven ridiculously difficult to get the hang of for anyone else or am I just an idiot?

If you have an experience like mine, one day the system will just click (no pun intended) and next thing you know you'll have a super OP ship and easily get everything you need to from the courses.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
AuraChannelerChris
The RPG Adventurer

Ultimate RPG Gamer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2013, 07:45:54 PM »

If you have an experience like mine, one day the system will just click (no pun intended) and next thing you know you'll have a super OP ship and easily get everything you need to from the courses.
Not that there's stuff there that you can use in the main game, though. It's just there to try to make Star Fox look bad.

"(Huh. He's been quiet for a while. I wonder what's he thinking?)" ~Made by yours truly~
Youtube Channel - Current Walkthrough: The Wonderful 101
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2013, 10:58:54 PM »

So, KH1 didn't age very well, did it? I replayed KH2 a little over a year ago and that was still great, but this is.... Well, the new music is really good, that's for sure.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »

God... I absolutely *haatee* the low-res character models (y;know, the one where the characters have a 2-frame talking animation and their mouths look like dolls).  I know it's a lot less effort than animating the face every time, but I do love the hi-res model's actual emotive reactions, so it's a drag when they don't use them.

It's known in the fandom as "default face" from what I've seen and most people do hate it. :) It saps the emotion out of certain scenes, especially when you know how expressive they can be. I'm really hoping KH3 does away with the default face in cutscenes as much as possible.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2013, 03:14:02 AM »

So, KH1 didn't age very well, did it? I replayed KH2 a little over a year ago and that was still great, but this is.... Well, the new music is really good, that's for sure.

Are you still early in the game, before you unlock your primary abilities?  Hell, on this file I'm at Monstro and still haven't learned Guard.  They modified the system a lot to make it more like KH2's, too, so you're not exactly playing the original.

On an unrelated note, if anyone denies this game's models are gorgeous, take a look at Carpet in the Character Menu.

Look at that detail. Look at it.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2013, 03:59:47 AM »

*cough*

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1743.html

Let's all go buy this now, kay?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:58 AM »

A big "holy hell" goes to Deep Jungle for having some of the most obnoxious vine swinging mechanics ever fucking made in the history of videogames.
Just button mash X, you really can't go wrong like that. :p

I was kinda bummed that 358/2 Days wasn't playable so I bought an actual copy.  ...it technically looks awful, but it's otherwise damn impressive what they accomplished on the DS.  I guess it was too much effort to make that whole game playable in HD though?
Personally found it be unenjoyable as a whole. And I have heard that they wanted to port the game, but ran out of time, but I dunno how accurate that is. Probably for the best though as it would be a weird conversion.

Also, anyone play Chain of Memories?  Is it worth giving it a go?  My early impressions were of the "meh" varietal. 
Played the original. Hated the battle system, but I think it is probably worth playing to get the storyline aspects as it explains a few details of the gap between KH1 and KH2.

Finally; I hate the fat heartless.  Like 11/10 hate.  Like how I hate tomatoes and insects hate.
Copycat, I complained about that last page. :p

Well then you have very lovely eye.....anyways that isn't completely true as there is at least one character in KH1 who doesn't have blue eyes (he has yellow eyes instead...). Anyways there are only about 4 original characters in the game. Two of which are from the same island which possibly has a very small population meaning everyone on the island might have blue eyes. So yeah.

It feels as though the interface and control scheme is sooooooo awkward and unintuitive I am constantly just flipping my ship around on accident and struggling to move things in the correct places (and to no avail mind you...). Someone please tell me I can safely ignore this aspect of the game.... please...
You can get by with minimal use of the garage as I recall.....unless you want the platinum. Then you must master the garage for one trophy. As for the controls, they are not intuitive, but you should be able to get ahold of them without too much difficulty. Just remember X=add part, O=remove part, R1=return to part select, Left control stick=rotate part, and right control stick=rotate ship. Also remember you have to remove all parts from an area before you can put a new part in the area.
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2013, 05:11:13 PM »

Are you still early in the game, before you unlock your primary abilities?  Hell, on this file I'm at Monstro and still haven't learned Guard.  They modified the system a lot to make it more like KH2's, too, so you're not exactly playing the original.

On an unrelated note, if anyone denies this game's models are gorgeous, take a look at Carpet in the Character Menu.

Look at that detail. Look at it.
Well, I'm at Agrabah so it isn't exactly late game or anything. I guess I didn't realize that there were system changes. Still, the camera and platforming suck and combat is less interesting than later games. It is nice to go back and play though.

On the note of the models, I have to say SE gave t their all aesthetically. The game looks and sounds really good.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: