Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 08:10:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327919 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Disgaea: Makai Collection announced
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Disgaea: Makai Collection announced  (Read 1333 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »

"Disgaea: Makai Collection, the Gree-ification of yet another RPG favorite, has been announced. Japanese iOS and Android players can choose a lover from among the ranks of Disgaea heroes and heroines, and unite to conquer Hell itself though the Collection series's quests and card battles." -- Source: BΞDash

Official site: http://nippon1.jp/mobile/dmcollection/

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:21:21 AM »

if i wanted to play card games i'd play magic the gathering. i'm surprised it isn't just a port of the first disgaea it's on practically every other handheld.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:07 AM »

G-ddamnit, I thought it was a collection of the first 3 games. :(

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »

Is this some kind of Disgaea dating sim?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 02:33:08 PM »

Is this some kind of Disgaea dating sim?

Dunno. I have no idea what the "choose a lover" thing means exactly.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 06:28:52 PM »

if i wanted to play card games i'd play magic the gathering. i'm surprised it isn't just a port of the first disgaea it's on practically every other handheld.

Magic the Gathering (the actual card game) rocked when I was a kid.... it was to me what table-top RPG's were to others I imagine...

That is neither here nor there though.....

What matters is that this is growing list of IOS exclusive franchise titles is really beginning to get under my skin.... I want to play the franchises I fell in love with on consoles..... STILL ON CONSOLES!!!! These freakin' phone games ruined my chances at updated Secret of Mana, Vay, a new old-school Final Fantasy, and now a Disgaea installment (albeit a weak one from the sounds of it....)...

Does anyone know if it is possible to hook an IOS device to a television to play on the "big screen" (sort of like with the PSP cables)??

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »

Does anyone know if it is possible to hook an IOS device to a television to play on the "big screen" (sort of like with the PSP cables)??

Look up Airplay.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 09:23:42 PM »

Magic the Gathering (the actual card game) rocked when I was a kid.... it was to me what table-top RPG's were to others I imagine...

That is neither here nor there though.....

What matters is that this is growing list of IOS exclusive franchise titles is really beginning to get under my skin.... I want to play the franchises I fell in love with on consoles..... STILL ON CONSOLES!!!! These freakin' phone games ruined my chances at updated Secret of Mana, Vay, a new old-school Final Fantasy, and now a Disgaea installment (albeit a weak one from the sounds of it....)...

yeah i played magic with my friends that i played d&d with but i kinda feel like magic killed d&d.

yeah i'm not to stoked on the iphone controls

if you have an apple tv you can play ios stuff on big screen through airplay you might need an ipad.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

Even if you hooked an iOS device to your TV wouldn't you still have to stare at the iOS device anyway because the controls are all touch-based?  It's not like a controller where you can feel the buttons...

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:48:26 PM »

B-but, can I level my cards up to Level 999, reincarnate them into better cards, then do it all over again?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »

I'm normally interested in anything Disgaea related (even Disgaea Infinite), but... I dunno about this one....

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 07:44:13 AM »

i still play magic via the ps3 game. this is wrong on so many levels though. is any disgaea character other than rozalyn not in the realm of loli?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 10:47:21 AM »

It's OK, they are all 500+ years old.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 11:21:37 AM »

Even if you hooked an iOS device to your TV wouldn't you still have to stare at the iOS device anyway because the controls are all touch-based?  It's not like a controller where you can feel the buttons...
i said the same thing to my roommate who is doing this, and he said, "it only takes a little bit to get used to it." since it's basically just mirroring it i can imagine it not being that bad.
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »

is any disgaea character other than rozalyn not in the realm of loli?

Jennifer.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: