Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 01:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335315 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Good import games for PS3/PSP/DS?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Good import games for PS3/PSP/DS?  (Read 5591 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »

I believe somewhere, deep down inside, that Type-0 is still going to be localized...

I don't know why I believe this...

Because there will always be other platforms to port and dump it on. This is SE, they LOVE doing that thing and you must be aware of that, and the allure of getting a "missed game", even without as long a wait as something like FFV, will make it worthwhile. At worst they finally shove one out when we see an iPhone 8, but I hope it doesn't come to that even if it actually would be fitting given the development history.

If only they'd get off their duff and remake Live A Live. Considering all the love it's getting from SE's own music dept (check virtually every "SQ" album and find one or two LAL arrangements), you'd think something would be in the works. It came out 20 years ago, and to this day is Japan-only, no remakes.

And it's a friggin good game.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 12:10:31 PM »

This is Squeenix, they also LOVE to release international updates internationally....oh wait!

The version America has of FFVII is the International one (without the 4th bonus disc with the background information about the game that the Japanese Int. Version has over there though), and Europe has the International Version of FFX by default but that's mainly because the game was released like a year later when Japan already had the Int. Version in January 2002.

...oh and the version that America and Europe got of Dirge of Cerberus is the International Version that was later re-released in Japan. So that's a thing.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 01:14:22 PM »

This is Squeenix, they also LOVE to release international updates internationally....oh wait!

The version America has of FFVII is the International one (without the 4th bonus disc with the background information about the game that the Japanese Int. Version has over there though), and Europe has the International Version of FFX by default but that's mainly because the game was released like a year later when Japan already had the Int. Version in January 2002.

...oh and the version that America and Europe got of Dirge of Cerberus is the International Version that was later re-released in Japan. So that's a thing.

The international version of FFVII was done in part by contracting out to the US which is where those cool looking (for the time) CGIs came from; like the ones used in the Motorcycle Chase, the Flashback scenes, Aerith's death scene, the handing off the Black Materia to true Sephiroth scene, and the ending sequence (you'll notice that the 2nd disk is utterly bereft of them beyond the Black Materia scene).

And FFX doesn't count since I live in the motherfuckin' USofA dude it would've been phenomenally stupid to not have released the International version of FFX to a region without any FFX.

Plus both of those cases were done by Squaresoft, not Squeenix which has batted a 0/1000 average thus far.

DoC doesn't count because fuck DoC right up it's creepy, under-aged ass chasing ass.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 02:01:24 PM »

Almost forgot Fatal Frame 4 since theres a patch for it

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 04:21:54 PM »

The international version of FFVII was done in part by contracting out to the US which is where those cool looking (for the time) CGIs came from; like the ones used in the Motorcycle Chase, the Flashback scenes, Aerith's death scene, the handing off the Black Materia to true Sephiroth scene, and the ending sequence (you'll notice that the 2nd disk is utterly bereft of them beyond the Black Materia scene).

And FFX doesn't count since I live in the motherfuckin' USofA dude it would've been phenomenally stupid to not have released the International version of FFX to a region without any FFX.

Plus both of those cases were done by Squaresoft, not Squeenix which has batted a 0/1000 average thus far.

DoC doesn't count because fuck DoC right up it's creepy, under-aged ass chasing ass.

I liked Dirge of Cerberus... :(

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 09:33:37 PM »

You like Sting?
Blaze Union, Gloria Union, Yggdra Unison.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »

For Yggdra Union, at least, there's no need to import...

But yeah, Blaze Union is good.  I still haven't played Gloria Union, but I ought to some day...

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »

For Yggdra Union, at least, there's no need to import...

But yeah, Blaze Union is good.  I still haven't played Gloria Union, but I ought to some day...

There was a spinoff for the DS called Yggdra Unison.  Was spawned from a cell phone title.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

Oh, d'oh.

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »

Umm, also falcom stuff like Nayuta, Brandish, Zweii, etc.
For something Evangelion-ish, you could try this game
And if you really like Sengoku Basara, you may wanna keep an eye out for this one, a fighting game developed by Blazblue/Guilty Gear people, but sadly region locked
Plus SB3 got a re-release on PS3 with some new characters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wsC9Hf9PoI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjfA9K03FY

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:12 AM »

Well I got

Ni No Kuni DS (the book is beautiful)

Ouendan 2

Jump Ultimate Stars

FF 3

FF Type 0

Grand Knights History

Echoshift

Boku No Natsu Yasumi PSP

Resident Evil 4/Code Veronica HD release for PS3

A 6-disc re-release of the Persona Innocent Sin OST with both the original and remixed soundtrack.

Not bad overall

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 03:51:38 PM »

Grand Knights History

I snagged an import version of this myself.  Unfortunately, the language barrier for this one is relatively high and I only have some idea of what's going on.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 04:55:46 PM »

Grand Knights History

I snagged an import version of this myself.  Unfortunately, the language barrier for this one is relatively high and I only have some idea of what's going on.

I'm still disappointed that we didn't get this.

DAMN YOU VANILLAWARE!!!!!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 01:12:06 AM »

XSeed is just as much to blame as VW

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 01:55:25 AM »

XSeed is just as much to blame as VW

No, they're really not.  They actually had the game translated.  It was done.  Vanillaware completely dropped the ball on this one.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: