Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 11:29:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318990 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan  (Read 7351 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

SQUARE ENIX'S ULTIMATE HITS FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 site

"Square Enix's very own e-Store has revealed the next set of titles to join their budget priced Ultimate Hits collection. Due for release on December 6th, Final Fantasy Type-0 will be joined by Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep -Final Mix-, and Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3 for the low cost of ¥2,940." -- Source: Nova Crystallis
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »

I'm trying to figure out if that's a good sign to whether or not we'll see this game here. Because I'm really really REALLY hoping they bring it over. The Final Fantasy series is very important to me and I haven't exactly been thrilled with the last few titles. But this looks really good. So I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed. :)

pigTails of...
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 09:24:07 PM »

I'm trying to figure out if that's a good sign to whether or not we'll see this game here.

I think it's safe to say it has absolutely no bearing on an international release one way or another.  This is a budget re-release, nothing more.  This happens to tons of games all the time.  Business as usual.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure why this got its own thread...I guess it's good for anyone who wants to import and hasn't yet.  You can get it cheaper.  But that's about it.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »

Maybe they are waiting until the Vita picks up to sell a port of it here in the west. At least that is what I hope.

Der Jermeister

G'day, sport!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 10:53:41 PM »

A theory on why this hasn't seen a Western release:

http://rpgland.com/editorials/the-final-fantasy-type-0-localization-problem-you-might-not-know-about/#more-86635

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »

It really seems that we are never getting this now, a shame because most of the impressions I've seen around are positives.

Now if SE has problems to bring Bravely Default... ;_;
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »

It really seems that we are never getting this now, a shame because most of the impressions I've seen around are positives.

Now if SE has problems to bring Bravely Default... ;_;

If both aren't announced then I will let people say JRPGs are dead (I know they aren't, but Type-0 got stellar reviews and Bravely Default, unless their marketing team can sell ice to Eskimos and sand to Egyptians, looks like an amazing title.

I think it brings up a good point about licensing music -- but I could see them working around that even if hiring new talent, maybe not Oasis, but someone lesser known (and costs less $$$)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »

The solution to that might be simple: remove the song, right? Just use any other piece of music from the game’s outstanding soundtrack and call it good. Not so fast. At two points during the game, one of the main characters (I will not spoil anything, you’re fine here) begins to sing that song.

Oh come on.  When was the last time S-E released anything internationally that wasn't dubbed?  This is a complete non-issue.  If they wanted to bring the game over they would.  Looking at the PSP market here there's no need to invent conspiracy theories to figure out why they haven't...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »

I should mention though, that Bumb of Chicken does sell albums in the US. I just bought two of them on iTunes US just yesterday...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 05:22:10 AM »

Also, the intro to Tales of the Abyss was a Bump of Chicken song that the singer/guitarist recorded a guitar instrumental version of for the US release.

Edit: Which is mentioned in the article.. >.>

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 05:47:30 AM »

I would actually play the fuck out of this game. Fuck you square. Keep making shiny ff13 shit

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »

I'm playing it now!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »

FF Type-0 director wants to make PS Vita game -- Source: Gematsu

Hajime Tabata is the Director of Type-0 by the way.

I'm playing it now!

...and? How is it?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »

i dont want it on vita unless its an HD remaster with cross play.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »

...and? How is it?

Grittier and more realistic than I expected for a Final Fantasy game.
Now I'm *really* surprised they haven't brought it over. I would be surprised if it didn't get released for Vita.

They could put this together with Crisis Core and FF3 on a Blu-Ray, HD-ify it and they'd have a big hit on their hands.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: