Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:58:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334685 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan  (Read 10682 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 01:11:55 AM »

i dont want it on vita unless its an HD remaster with cross play.

1. They'd likely bring it out to other platforms like the 3DS too that have some semblance of relevance in the US.

2. If you're hoping for this to go to PS3 or something, well, SCEA has a giant stick up its ass about PSP games alone heading to PS3.

3. This is looking to be similar to the Bayonetta 2 situation, where we will have to be thankful to just see it come here at all.

It's actually a reason I'd like to see Nintendo gain more of a foothold with these games next gen, because they clearly don't have the same reservations (for better or worse?) about letting 3DS games come alone to the Wii U. Then again they kinda slapped online onto Monster Hunter, that helps a lot.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »

uh bayonetta 2 is being bankrolled by nintendo. nintendo is subsidising a lot of stuff. i really dont think sony would be that stick in the mud about a final fantasy game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 09:30:48 PM »

Did anyone see the article on gamespot saying "Final Fantasy director wants to make new Vita title"?

Apparently the director of Type-0 and Crisis Core wants to make a game for the Vita. If anything I'd be happy if he were to "learn the new hardware" by porting Type-0 to it first and localizing it!
Even so, regardless of a port or not, it may be a good sign of things to come.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »

I'd prefer he learned the hardware first, too. With that said, if he does something new for the Vita, I'm sure he could make something very impressive, at least visually if not gameplay-wise as well.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 02:07:36 AM »

Sony...

Well, there is no Crisis Core on PSN, but if you have a PSP, you can buy a physical copy.  Phantasy Star Portable 2; physical PSP only.

I think Sony is genius, but I am not happy with them.  There is some nasty shit you can do with your Vita and the PSM SDK (rectified by the $100 price tag in November) but I still don't buy their reasoning for not having Phantasy portable 2 available on PSN.

I think they think that I'll buy PSO2 on Vita if I don't bust my nut all up in  PSP2, and will end up paying more child support to them-- sorry

They want to sell new games, and probably figured out our buying habits.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 02:27:21 AM »

Sony...

Well, there is no Crisis Core on PSN, but if you have a PSP, you can buy a physical copy.  Phantasy Star Portable 2; physical PSP only.

I think Sony is genius, but I am not happy with them.  There is some nasty shit you can do with your Vita and the PSM SDK (rectified by the $100 price tag in November) but I still don't buy their reasoning for not having Phantasy portable 2 available on PSN.

I think they think that I'll buy PSO2 on Vita if I don't bust my nut all up in  PSP2, and will end up paying more child support to them-- sorry

They want to sell new games, and probably figured out our buying habits.

1.  What on earth makes you think that was Sony's decision and not, say, Sega's?

2.  What does any of this have to do with this thread?

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2012, 03:08:44 AM »

The English version of Final Fantasy Type-0 remains in Limbo -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Final Fantasy Type-0 still isn't coming to the west anytime soon.

That harsh reality was reenforced at Tokyo Game Show, where several sources in and outside of Square Enix confirmed the continued non-existence of the game's localization. According to 1UP's Jeremy Parish, "no less than four people I talked to at TGS made it very clear that the English version of Type-0 is moribund, at least in its current form."

All of this despite various reports that have pointed toward some sort of localization or another."

"Perhaps the only good news to come out of this debacle is a separate confirmation that Final Fantasy X HD, which was revealed last year for PS3 and PS Vita, is still in development. It may be slow in coming "for some reasons" that were not specified."

Here's a wallpaper of FF III with a new illustration for the game made by Akihiko Yoshida to ease the pain a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:18:01 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »

Operation Suzaku aims to bring Final Fantasy Type-0 Westward -- Source: Nova Crystallis

http://operation-suzaku.com/

"The one year anniversary of Final Fantasy Type-0 has brought with it a new fan movement. The goal of this initiative is to change Square Enix's position on bringing the title to the west. But it's much more than that.

Operation Suzaku is not just a petition. The group behind it plans on even more action, with details to be shared at a later date. More importantly, their focus is *only* on Final Fantasy Type-0."
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 03:26:54 AM »

Operation Suzaku aims to bring Final Fantasy Type-0 Westward -- Source: Nova Crystallis

http://operation-suzaku.com/

"The one year anniversary of Final Fantasy Type-0 has brought with it a new fan movement. The goal of this initiative is to change Square Enix's position on bringing the title to the west. But it's much more than that.

Operation Suzaku is not just a petition. The group behind it plans on even more action, with details to be shared at a later date. More importantly, their focus is *only* on Final Fantasy Type-0."

This is a major pipe-dream in my opinion... But whatever, let a man dream... I'll sign for what its worth...

They can use an editor or something to fix the typo-laden news update though.... Sounds as though it was written by high school student failing english class.... I by NO means am an excellent typist.... My wording sucks at times, I know it.... but I'm also not trying to be taken seriously enough to attract the attention of one of the largest names in the gaming industry, in effort to see a localization on platform that has less "to be released" titles left to its life than I have fingers to count them.

I am not trying to be a "debbie downer" here folks but does anyone else view this as too little too late?....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 03:40:22 AM »

Most likely you'll see this ported to 3DS or Vita or *shudder* IOS.  Until then, hope someone is fan translating :-/

Oh and Dice, even if both don't come out, JRPGs are not dead, if these japanese sinkin... companies wish to destroy themselves let them, we'll make our own.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:43:47 AM by Logick » Logged

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 06:11:56 AM »

why do people keep assuming type 0 would be on a portable system when theres psp remasters on ps3

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »

why do people keep assuming type 0 would be on a portable system when theres psp remasters on ps3

Because SCEA.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 12:33:34 PM »

Will FF Type-0 be localized for North America and Europe? If so, when?

Hajime Tabata: Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away.

Source: Gamespot
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »

Will FF Type-0 be localized for North America and Europe? If so, when?

Hajime Tabata: Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away.

Translation: "When we do the next-gen remake 5 years down the line." Seriously, I think we missed the boat. It's FFV all over again.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/rumor-final-fantasy-type-0-localization-nearly-completed-in-2011

Granted this is firmly within rumor territory, but at least it's something.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: