Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 12:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330135 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan  (Read 10048 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »

Square Enix is simply waiting to give the west the new and improved "Final Fantasy Type-Lite"....... Just like Type-0 but for the IOS :)

That is a frighteningly plausible possibility.  Though I don't even want to imagine playing Type-0 with touch controls...it was hard enough on the PSP and its single analog stick.  PSP emulation on the Vita at least lets you map the second stick to the d-pad, which is definitely better than nothing but it lacks the fine control of proper second stick support.

There's a lot of stuff going on in this game, controls matter...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »

That is a frighteningly plausible possibility.

Really now?

FFVI has more of a chance appearing on iOS. Though, I have the impression they want to throw a remake of it in either the 3DS or Vita lately.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »

FFVI on the I-phone= Final Failure in my book....

seriously. if/when that happens you won't hear me speak a good word about squeenix for a looooooong time. Sadly I am aware this is a reality I may very well have to deal with...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

seriously. if/when that happens you won't hear me speak a good word about squeenix for a looooooong time.

What is so inherently offensive about FFVI being on iOS anyway? Is not like that release would be a big deal enough to consider it important in the case is announced one of these days.

Is a non-issue however you want to see the situation.

The idea of Type-0 on iOS on the other hand doesn't make any sense with all the info that is out there. But hey I guess I have to hate SQEX because everybody and their mother is doing it...  yeah, whatever.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 06:37:59 PM »

Just like Type-0 but for the IOS :)

Oh god I just got the chills when you said/typed that..... that bad ones.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »

seriously. if/when that happens you won't hear me speak a good word about squeenix for a looooooong time.

What is so inherently offensive about FFVI being on iOS anyway? Is not like that release would be a big deal enough to consider it important in the case is announced one of these days.

The idea of Type-0 on iOS on the other hand doesn't make any sense with all the info that is out there. But hey I guess I have to hate SQEX because everybody and their mother is doing it...  yeah, whatever.

The FF VI ios port would offend me purely on the basis that it is, and has been, the ONLY port or remake I've actually been waiting for. It is simply a subjective matter. In all honestly I will be disgusted with a 3ds or vita port as well... I just want to play it on the big screen damnit! LoL

And I was just kidding about the "Type-Lite" thing... A (bad) joke was all.

My comment about disliking/hating/not supporting square enix is in light of the fact that despite all blunders in recent years I do still support them (hell I even bought the tomb raider LE box and I'm not even really a fan...) and believe good things are yet to come. All I meant was the IOS FF VI would compromise my still somewhat positive attitude on account of how much that particular move would bum me out.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »

To be fair though, FFVI on the iOS will probably look just as ugly as FFV does now. Not a deal breaker, but not an incentive to obtaining that particular port either.

Besides if Type-0 does end up on the iOS it's most likely going to end up as a PtPCCG or something similarly retarded.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 09:32:44 PM »

Anyone else more impressed with FFIV DS than the enhanced PSP version??
Not to shit all over sprite work, but at least more effort felt like it went into one than the other.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »

The addition of voices took a little getting used to (as is always the case when classic characters get voices. See: Zidane in Dissidia). But it was particularly exciting to explore the world of FFIV from a completely different perspective. I do hope if an FFVI remake is in the works, it will be given a similar approach.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »

Final Fantasy VI....Oh how many years I so wanted a proper remake only for SE to go back and make A FF1&2 or  IV remake an ungodly amount of times.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2013, 09:42:06 AM »

Tactics Ogre on PSP was (well, is) the best remake they did.

...how I would like see something with the same quality for Vagrant Story on Vita.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »

Square Enix files trademark for Final Fantasy Agito -- Source: Nova Crystallis / SquareEnix trademarks 'Final Fantasy Agito' -- NeoGAF
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:54:47 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »

Because they can't let anything go. EVAR!

It wouldn't surprise me to see this end up becoming Type-0 II as its made of scraps leftover from the development of Type-0 1.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:57 AM »

Well this "isn't" confusing.

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »

Anyone else more impressed with FFIV DS than the enhanced PSP version??
Not to shit all over sprite work, but at least more effort felt like it went into one than the other.

I personally really dislike the ds version. I think the chibi style of character designs dont fit the game at all. The voice acting isnt bad but it is ridiculous in my head to have that serious voice acting with that kind of character artwork! The game also looks a little rough on the ds.

I think the gameplay tweeks are cool but that's where the positives end. Besides FF IV complete collection has the after years and the interlude included, although I dont really like the after years it is still a nice addition.

It would be nice to see a proper remake with awesome 3d graphics instead of chibi style graphics.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: