Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340915 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Type-0 joins Square Enix's Ultimate Hits budget line in Japan  (Read 11586 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »

Anyone else more impressed with FFIV DS than the enhanced PSP version??
Not to shit all over sprite work, but at least more effort felt like it went into one than the other.

I personally really dislike the ds version. I think the chibi style of character designs dont fit the game at all. The voice acting isnt bad but it is ridiculous in my head to have that serious voice acting with that kind of character artwork! The game also looks a little rough on the ds.

I think the gameplay tweeks are cool but that's where the positives end. Besides FF IV complete collection has the after years and the interlude included, although I dont really like the after years it is still a nice addition.

It would be nice to see a proper remake with awesome 3d graphics instead of chibi style graphics.

^lol.

And while they're at it, maybe they should give alternate costumes a go too. Why wait for Mt. Ordeals to switch into Paladin Cecil, or maybe dress Rosa up like 3rd Birthday's Aya, perhaps Yang should look like Snow now, make Rydia a child again after she rejoins you in the underworld, make everyone look like Edward, Palom and Porom can now look like Moogles, and Golbez now sports an extra wing and pretty bishonen face and hair. And any one of these things can be yours for the low low price of $3.98 a pop.

And if that's not enough, lets throw in an extra bonus dungeon where you need to be level 99, have everyone who is able equip Adamatium armor wearing them, have all of the previous extra bonus dungeon weapons, made sure to farm enough collectables to raise your levels properly over the course of the entire game, sperg over every fucking useless detail, just to make it through the doorway. The dungeon itself consists of a single room made from preexisting assets repeated over and over again and filled to the brim with romhacked eneimes with core stats over 150 and HP in the billions. The final boss will be Gilgamesh with a crappy remix of Battle on Big Bridge blaring in the background (and the pack will cost you $9.98).

But wait, there's more. If you act now, you can obtain the brand new scenario FFIV: The Wonder Years. Taking place between the original game and TAYs (and conveniently ignoring the Intermission), you play as Cecil's previously unmentioned younger teenaged brother Licec as he travels the world to become the world's greatest Dark Knight. His quest will be joined Leda, a spunky female mage with attitude who is secretly a Lunarian witch/princess, Dic, a gruff martial artist, and Hallet, Tellah's previously unmentioned younger brother. There quest will be joined by returning character Palom and monsters who's hearts you have collected and summoned from. You'll be fighting against a secret crime syndicate with branches and operations all over the world and headquartered in Baron and run by an oppressive dominatrix villainess seeking to capture the monster hearts and the Lunarian princess and use them to summon the ultimate evil who happens to be Chaos who's looking to bring in all the final bosses of previous FF games together to wage war on what's her face in a Crisis on Infinite FFs style crossover and the real villain Dlouc has been gathering all the crystals from the first game needed to open the summoning circle but it turns out that Dlouc is actually the Lunar Whale's evil twin and is only going through with this because he was abandoned by his brother and the rest of the Lunarians so after he is defeated Leda teleports him to the Lunarian moon currently in orbit around the world and everyone lives happily ever after (each chapter (there are 10 chapters total) will cost $14.98 a pop (and as a bonus each DLC will net you a free card for Squeenix's latest browser based CCG that's based entirely around FFIV, be considered to be another official sequel, and the cards will mostly consist of Rosa and Rydia cards drawn by various hentai artists and random monsters/summons/items)).

Edit: Pardon the sperg, I just like coming up with bullshit conspiracy theories.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »

^
That was quite the read :D
On a more serious note, what version do you actually prefer? I am curious to know after having read that incredibly amusing scenario.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »

I kinda like Holy's point about the weird puppet-proportion bodies to serious voice acting.  I'm not critical of it, but it does add....just a bit of humour to it I think. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »

^
That was quite the read :D
On a more serious note, what version do you actually prefer? I am curious to know after having read that incredibly amusing scenario.

So far the PSX version simply because that's the one I played through and the game is too linear and constrictive to warrant getting multiple versions. Although, the DS version was tempting due to the mechanical differences, but the DS version of FFIII kinda soured me on taking the plunge. The GBA version of FFVI was where I realized just how shallow and grindy these additions can be. And The After Years was way too expensive when it first came out and it sounded like bad fanfiction for me to consider sinking money on even afterwards. Also I still don't have a PSP to play my current PSP games on yet (although my luck may change now that Garage Sale season is in full swing) let alone getting any new PSP games to play.

The tl;dr is that I'm tired and burnt out on Squeenix's neverending parade of bullshit and them trying to milk my youth of every cent its worth, so I'm more or less sitting on the sidelines, commentating on bullshit, and poking fun at them because that's probably the most entertainment I'm getting from them these days.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2013, 06:18:42 PM »

^
I dont think the re-releases/remakes and ports are that bad... It brings the games to a new audience(younger people for example), makes them more accessible and available. If it werent for these re-releases I would have never even have considered trying the older final fantasies. I am thankful that they take their time and re-release these classics otherwise I would have missed out on these awesome experiences.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:30 PM »

Don't mind Aeolus, he bitches about everything ;)

Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »

Don't mind Aeolus, he bitches about everything ;)

Ye, the harsh world we live in will do that to a person xD

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »

The tl;dr is that I'm tired and burnt out on Squeenix's neverending parade of bullshit and them trying to milk my youth of every cent its worth, so I'm more or less sitting on the sidelines, commentating on bullshit, and poking fun at them because that's probably the most entertainment I'm getting from them these days.

You need a drink.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »

Phil Rogers: "[Final Fantasy Type-0 is] one of the first questions I'm going to tackle" -- Source: Operation Suzaku

tl;dr: Don't get your hopes up.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »

So there's a mobile spin-off of Type-0 in the works (ironically called Agito, which was the original title for Type-0...).  Tabata said in an interview that it will definitely be localized.

And I guess somebody at S-E thought, "hey, maybe we ought to localize the game that this is a spin-off of" because now Tabata is implying that there's a renewed interest in localizing Type-0.

Kind of late, S-E, but it's something...

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »

So there's a mobile spin-off of Type-0 in the works (ironically called Agito, which was the original title for Type-0...).  Tabata said in an interview that it will definitely be localized.

And I guess somebody at S-E thought, "hey, maybe we ought to localize the game that this is a spin-off of" because now Tabata is implying that there's a renewed interest in localizing Type-0.

Kind of late, S-E, but it's something...

I'm kinda surprised that they haven't cashed in on making an HD version yet, but I guess it'd be too soon. And yeah the Agito named spinoff threw me for a loop. Kinda awkward to get a spinoff before the original title, can't imagine how that's gonna pan out..

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »

Since Agito is free, I'll probably give it a go, but I'll probably hate myself for it...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »

Just bundle them together and put them on a handheld.

For the love of god Squeenix! People have been asking for this FOR TWO YEARS.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »

I'm kinda surprised that they haven't cashed in on making an HD version yet, but I guess it'd be too soon.

They did experiment with an HD version of Type-0 but there were never plans to actually make one and release it.

Edit: "With Agito coming up, our hope – my hope – is that we'll be able to provide users in North America and Europe with both Agito and Type-0 as a full experience." -- USgamer
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:05:00 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: