Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 08:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334485 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden 6, Breath of Fire 6, and Wild Arms 6...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden 6, Breath of Fire 6, and Wild Arms 6...  (Read 10283 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »

save file that transferred to unlock bonuses for its sequel.

Suikoden did that first? I didn't know.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 02:14:18 PM »

There are probably some PC games that did it earlier, but AFAIK it's the first console game to do it.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »

^Unfortunately the story's all Squeenix on that one.

Probably not.

The only way we're ever going to see anything BoF related from Capcom these days is if they make some kind of trashy iOS piece of shovelware for the sake of a quick buck.

Or Breath Of Fire: The Fighting Game that has a Fucking Dragon in it

And who are they going to make it with? Clover? BoF's development team? The one guy with any talent they still have left?

Since it's a fighting game, with the same team that made Street Fighter 4.  Same graphics of course, just with a slightly different filter.

Then it will never happen because it isn't Street Fighter, Resident Evil, or Monster Hunter.

Also because the nerd rage will be hilarious if BoF gets a fighting game over Darkstalkers.

My posts were jokes and not meant to be taken seriously.  I thought I was being obvious =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 07:10:34 PM »

^Unfortunately the story's all Squeenix on that one.

Probably not.

The only way we're ever going to see anything BoF related from Capcom these days is if they make some kind of trashy iOS piece of shovelware for the sake of a quick buck.

Or Breath Of Fire: The Fighting Game that has a Fucking Dragon in it

And who are they going to make it with? Clover? BoF's development team? The one guy with any talent they still have left?

Since it's a fighting game, with the same team that made Street Fighter 4.  Same graphics of course, just with a slightly different filter.

Then it will never happen because it isn't Street Fighter, Resident Evil, or Monster Hunter.

Also because the nerd rage will be hilarious if BoF gets a fighting game over Darkstalkers.

My posts were jokes and not meant to be taken seriously.  I thought I was being obvious =P

Oh I know that, I just wish that my posts were too. :(

It doesn't help matters that BoF hasn't even managed to get into either NxC or PxZ. Although I suppose it's better than sharing Mega Man's Weekend at Bernie's treatment.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »

...that is all.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »

...that is all.

Add that to one of my guilty pleasure movies.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 08:17:15 PM »

I actually think Arc the Lad did it beforehand, although we didn't see those games until the end of the PSOne's lifecycle.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 01:02:11 AM »

Actually the SSI D&D games did it first.

Unfortunately, these series are dead. We're never going to get them back.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 04:41:56 PM »

I'd be all over all three of these.

Also, I think both Wild Arms and Suikoden came back really strong with WA5 and Suikoden 5, they were both fantastic to me, for a while I'd hoped that was a sign both series were making a comeback coming off such great installments. :(
MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »

With the time gone by since these series fifth installment, at this point... I would be more interested in a reboot/remake of their first games.

Wild Arms 1 did get a remake, it's ACF.

OBJECTION!
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

Since this thread was revived by RPGseeker, I just want to take the opportunity to point out a strange little synchronicity.... If anyone checks out gameinformer mag, the most recent issue actually has an article about this which talks about the prospect of ever seeing a future to these IP's....

see how cool we are...? RPGfan is ahead of the curve... were freakin' trendsetters in the realm of gaming publications here-LoL....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »

Since this thread was revived by RPGseeker, I just want to take the opportunity to point out a strange little synchronicity.... If anyone checks out gameinformer mag, the most recent issue actually has an article about this which talks about the prospect of ever seeing a future to these IP's....

see how cool we are...? RPGfan is ahead of the curve... were freakin' trendsetters in the realm of gaming publications here-LoL....

Wait. Publications!? What are those?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »

Wait. Publications!? What are those?

Ancient documents of the past... see before the golden era of google,  there was a time when news of particular varieties was circulated on strange low grade parchment they called "paper".... many many sheets of this "paper" was put togeather on a regularly scheduled basis, sometimes weekly or monthly, and circulated.... the ancients referred to these documents as "publications" or sometimes "magazines".... rumor has it that many of these documents still exist today..... I'm not lying, just google it you'll see I'm telling the truth!!

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »

I'm not quite sure I follow.

Are you trying to convert me into some religion?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »

More importantly, that article was written by our former Managing Editor, Kimberley Wallace. There's a reason why GI's RPG coverage has suddenly improved so much... ;D

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: