Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 06:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330106 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  NEW MEGAMAN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NEW MEGAMAN  (Read 2792 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

One thing about fan games I've always felt is that the Robot Masters fans come up with often have this odd feeling of lifelessness to them, or they don't really mesh with the art style of Megaman at all.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »

One thing about fan games I've always felt is that the Robot Masters fans come up with often have this odd feeling of lifelessness to them, or they don't really mesh with the art style of Megaman at all.
Aren't you supposed to be studying right now?

But yeah, I don't see that too much here. 

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 02:10:40 PM »

To me, that looks more like a fan game than this. And that's not a compliment.

Not that I think a crossover with an unrelated series makes for a better celebration of Mega Man's 25th year, but hey, at least it looks remotely professional, with better level design (at least from the snippets we've seen), boss design, visual design, music, etc.

Eh, maybe I don't have an eye for pixels but they looked pretty much the same to me; except the one I linked had better music. Not saying the MM x SF is a 'bad' game or anything mind you. But personally I've never had an ounce of interest in SF so that may be why it has absolutely zero appeal to me compared anything invoking MML.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 03:22:46 PM »

My 'beef' with this is mostly stemming from the fact that there are already so many retro Megaman fan games out there that I'm sort of failing to see what's so special with this one outside of the whole novelty of the crossover and Capcom's acknowledgement angle. Honestly, the retro Megaman card was played out by Megaman 10 and has long since been converted into the Retro Indie Game Designer's Lego Set, and if it weren't for the fact that its 'free to play' (I'll wait til I see what DLC they're planning on charging before I truly call it free) I would've written this as a lazy cash in on Capcom's part. But as it is, it's nice to see Capcom actually acknowledge two one of their fanbases for once (and is a far far far more worthy gesture to MM's 25th anniversary than fucking XOver).

Alternatively I could always wait for the Megaman X Super Hyper Street Fighter Alpha 2 Turbo CE HD release but they'll probably be charging money for that one.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »

My problem with this is that Capcom still doesn't have the courtesy to make us a decent Megaman game and is giving us a fan made one instead. Still, it looks pretty cool.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »

my beef with this is the name. when i 1st heard the name i was like sweet a game using street fighter X tekken engine with street vs megaman and crew and various robot masters. then i watched the trailer and like meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »

It's available for download now. :)  I got it, but I'm at work, so I haven't played it yet.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 03:02:08 PM »

It's pretty good!  Bosses have interesting patterns and are modeled after their most recent movesets - Blanka uses all three types of Beast Rolls, electricity, and an electric roll, for example.  Each boss also has a super meter and super combo that can really **** you up if you aren't careful.  Using Blanka as an example again, he electrifies the entire floor (like his Ultra 2 in SF4 AE), then throws four watermelons, then Beast Rolls through the watermelons.  That's the kind of game this is. 

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 05:38:19 PM »

Unfortunately the level design is pretty weak, enemy layout and versatility isn't really there, there are bugs and visual glitches all over the place, there's no save or password feature, and yet the game remembers when you've picked up an E-Tank and will not respawn one should you game over and go through the area again. The boss fights are pretty good though.

Its definitely a fan game that needed more time in the oven, but its one that got Capcom USA's backing which is disappointing but not infuriating thanks to being offered for free.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »

Unfortunately the level design is pretty weak, enemy layout and versatility isn't really there, there are bugs and visual glitches all over the place, there's no save or password feature, and yet the game remembers when you've picked up an E-Tank and will not respawn one should you game over and go through the area again. The boss fights are pretty good though.

Its definitely a fan game that needed more time in the oven, but its one that got Capcom USA's backing which is disappointing but not infuriating thanks to being offered for free.

I actually disagree on a couple of your points. I think the level design is quite solid, especially Dhalsim's level. I love the bosses, too-- though I will say the game as a whole is a bit easier than MM9/10 and a bit closer to MM3/4. I do think the lack of a save feature is disappointing, but hey, it's a good start to bringing Megaman back. Plus, with all the Megamans coming to 3DS virtual console, I happy.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »

The level design varies. Some are more interesting in concept than it is to play like Dhalsim's. Dhalsim's level is pretty funny in a meta sense but it actually didn't have much to offer in terms of platforming fun IMO.

Then there's levels like Rose which have those weird platforms and that's really cool and challenging.

It's pretty solid for a fan game I'd say, at least it wasn't just a really low quality rom hack, there was actually thought put into a lot of the stages.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »

Yeah, it's not amazing, but it's more Megaman than we've had. I'll accept it as a free token of goodwill from Capcom.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

I really enjoyed it but that might be because I'm a big street fighter fan. The game definitely seems to cater more to street fighter than megaman, there's a lot fo street fighter in-jokes and shout-out secrets. Also, capcom definitely did help this project since I heard that the only stage that was complete before they stepped in was the rolento one and that one is the really short one.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

if you have playstation plus megaman 9 and 10 are now free.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »

if you have playstation plus megaman 9 and 10 are now free.

Are the DLC free too?

Not like it matters to me since I already have them on my Wii.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: