Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335248 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward  (Read 16362 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2012, 11:56:33 AM »

Code:
There will likely never be any material to support this; but in a stretched theory you could argue that
in a case or two Dio was likely telling the truth about Quark hitting betray. Only because Quark seems to universally
be the first to fall prey to Radical-6. Imagine if you're a kid, those symptoms hit, you're in a confined box which then
triggers a mild case of claustrophobia. In that extremely altered state of mind Quark could've potentially rushed forward
and slammed whatever button he could reach on the screen if he was aware pre-Rad-6 attack that the doors would
open after voting.

Then after the claustrophobia fades the Rad-6 symptoms die down as well (until they come in full force a few hours later);
leaving everyone to think Dio's just being a liar, since the player has likely figured out by the second or third go he's a perma-dick.
For a kid like that you could handwave Quark either not fessing up as trauma-induced amnesia or simply refusing to tell
for fear of upsetting anyone, after all that is a common kid reaction to any form of screw-up.

Like I said; it's a stretch, but still a potentiality.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:58:34 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »

Oh, dunno if anyone's noticed, website was updated with a "???" section.  My guess is it will be an "Answers" section like the first game got.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2012, 02:13:46 PM »

Regarding Luna:

Oh my god, I never noticed the password. That is so fucking cute. As for the Luna "Bad End", I think what happened was since Sigma betrays her and doesn't think she is important enough to save, as well as her heart being broken (she's clearly in love with Sigma/Doctor Sigma), she decides that she failed as a human and is just a "collection of metal and plastic" and falls back on blindly following orders.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »

Regarding Luna:

Oh my god, I never noticed the password. That is so fucking cute. As for the Luna "Bad End", I think what happened was since Sigma betrays her and doesn't think she is important enough to save, as well as her heart being broken (she's clearly in love with Sigma/Doctor Sigma), she decides that she failed as a human and is just a "collection of metal and plastic" and falls back on blindly following orders.

Haha, glad I could point out something, I find myself being the one told things like that about 98% of the time.

I'm still on the fence about that.  It does make sense, but why take Quark?  Where would they go? -- (lol Rhizome-10).

I always like how perfect the "true ends" turn out, where everything sort of falls into place really nicely.

Eugh... I want ZE3.  Fuck you ChunSoft!!! 

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »

Well

I think it's possible Luna could have put Quark on the shuttle back to Earth. She would have had to pass through the number 9 door with him inorder to get him to the real PEC room, for decompression. As to why she saved him, she's been pretty motherly towards Quark through the entire game. She hardly left his side, and guided Junpei towards him. I think she always saw Quark as an innocent in the whole thing.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2012, 05:00:10 PM »

I've finally beaten the game, so now I can stop avoiding those black boxes here!
Overall, I liked it a lot, not to mention it took a lot longer to go through it than I thought it would. I managed to pass the 40 hours mark, something I wouldn't even consider to 999.
I liked how while some mysteries were being built up other were having answers. It takes a little of the impact on the ending but on the other hand it keeps you hooked during most of the time and makes you want to experience another timeline.

About the ending:

I thought it was nice but a little too confusing. Even though I understood most of it, there were some stuff I didn't.
Also, based on the ending, or should I say, the beginning, it looks like there are plans for a sequel that will pick up the part where we "save" humanity.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2012, 10:55:01 AM »

From Tiny Cartridge:

Junpei will return for the next Zero Escape game.

Answering fans’ questions on Twitter, Zero Escape series director and writer Kotaro Uchikoshi disclosed that 999’s hero Junpei will participate in the next nonary game and will be young again. This third game is expected to delve into the mysteries of Radical-6 and Phi, too.

Also returning in the next Zero Escape release: Virtue’s Last Reward’s Dio and Tenmyouji. It sounds like Quark won’t have a cameo, though, as he will not have been born yet when the game takes place.

My question: who the ffffff would set up a third "fourth" Nonary game?  
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:09:19 PM by Eusis » Logged

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2012, 11:15:41 AM »

I bet it's Akane. She loves dem games.

Although, how can the Dio we know be in it? I can understand Left, or an earlier clone (Dio was a 4th generation clone I believe?)

Never mind, if Tenmioji is in it, some of it must take place in the the future.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:10:54 PM by Eusis » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »

Guys! Remember to hide spoilers for a fairly new, story driven game! This doesn't even have the excuse of ME3's ending causing a shitstorm all over the internet.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:21 PM »

The one time I forget the black box of doom.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »

Feel like sharing this awesome little image from TV tropes.

Don't worry; no spoilers. Just a handy dandy little visual guide to show you pretty much the entire VLR cast also VA'd in Persona 3/4. It's an amusing sight to see the cosplay element mixed with the 'Why the hell did I not recognize that voice?' moment. What's sad is if you know the P 3/4 side of the characters then some of these line ups make far too much sense ironically.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: