Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 12:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  I blame Mongolia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I blame Mongolia  (Read 918 times)
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »

http://harpers.org/sb-cold-comfort-women-1160006345.html

Japan has always been able to block attempts to pass a congressional resolution on the exploitation of comfort women, partly because it runs a lavishly-funded Beltway lobbying operation. The Bush Administration has quietly assisted in attempts to block a resolution on comfort women. According to Mindy Kotler, the director of Asia Policy Point, a research center on Japan and northeast Asia, the Administration views Japan as the key regional bulwark against an emerging Chinese regime that may be hostile to the United States in the future. “The administration wants Japan to be a central part of America's Asian security architecture—above Australia, India, and the British Navy,” she said. “Any issue that the Japanese have defined as disturbing has been shunted aside to ensure that nothing upsets the alliance with Japan—and I mean nothing, whether it's a trade dispute or taking responsibility for the comfort women.”

I don't know what's worse...refusing to acknowledge that something happened (Japan's favorite all-purpose dodge) or pretending that what happened doesn't matter (Tony Snow on Foley :P)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: