Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:08:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330166 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Darksiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Darksiders  (Read 1722 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »

anyone else into this? i recently picked up 1 and 2. going through 1 right now and its EVERYTHING i wanted zelda to be except multiple player characters. but since nintendo refuses to grow up with its fans it never happend. to be clear when i say everything im only refering to the gameplay. i can do without the occasional foantains of blood.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:38:23 AM by Eusis » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
STChocoEX

PikaNova64@hotmail.com PikachuST92
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »

I have not play any of Darksiders games. I do wish to get Darksiders 2. But I do not have the money right now to get it. Despite I was tempted to get it at Target last Sunday. That in which would of been a good idea to get a bit of free DLC.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 02:13:37 PM »

I too am playing through #1 and loving it. Very enjoyable time.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »

I've had the first one on my backlog for ages now. I've pretty much been keeping it in reserve just in case I get a Zelda itch that I can't scratch. Now that the second one is out I'm inclined to finally give it a go

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 3 Feels rushed, but it's not bad
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:51:22 AM »

i like the first game quite a bit even though it kicks my ass. the controls drive me nuts. i actually switched it to easy mode at tiamat cause i got so frustrated the multitasking it makes you do is not for me. haven't played the second one kyle's review sounds a bit harsh though so perhaps i'll wait till i finished the first one i'm just trying blast threw last story first.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 01:28:40 AM »

i like the first game quite a bit even though it kicks my ass. the controls drive me nuts. i actually switched it to easy mode at tiamat cause i got so frustrated the multitasking it makes you do is not for me. haven't played the second one kyle's review sounds a bit harsh though so perhaps i'll wait till i finished the first one i'm just trying blast threw last story first.

After playing a huge chunk of the game I have to say that was the hardest boss. The other ones are fun and have a good use of whatever dungeon ability you find in that level.

This game is bigtime fun and does just about everything right.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »

After playing a huge chunk of the game I have to say that was the hardest boss. The other ones are fun and have a good use of whatever dungeon ability you find in that level.

This game is bigtime fun and does just about everything right.
Yup. My only problem with it is that some of the dungeons are TOO big. It's the reason I stopped playing in the final area. The idea of spending gobs of time in another huge dungeon turned me off.
I should really just go back and finish it. I liked it quite a bit.
I'll get 2 when it eventually goes on sale.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 12:28:47 PM »

I couldn't stand the lower case title any more and fixed it. Please, Alisha, at least use proper capitalization for topic titles even if you can't be bothered with your messages.

Anyways, I found Darksiders 1 a disappointment, though the fact it's fairly linear despite following Zelda's model was a huge factor, and possibly the fact I was semi-rushing a rental too. Darksiders 2 sounded like it COULD have been better, but so many were disappointed that I'll just wait on a great Steam sale.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »

I couldn't stand the lower case title any more and fixed it. Please, Alisha, at least use proper capitalization for topic titles even if you can't be bothered with your messages.

nobody cares
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 05:59:09 PM »

Lol

also im curious what exactly is your definition of linear. theres some back tracking but it can be aleiviated via warps.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »

So I've been re-exploring areas to collect shit. I've come across this zombie/skeleton guy that talks in a British-eque accent and makes you fight him. He has a cane and tosses his hat at you. Who IS that guy?

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 11:57:34 PM »

gotta say after tiamat that insect boss was a total cakewalk.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: