Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 08:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319168 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  I wrote a classical sonata (piano solo)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I wrote a classical sonata (piano solo)  (Read 459 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

Well, sort of classical.

It's five movements. Totals 15 minutes in length. The fifth movement includes a variation of that catchy melody found in two different games released within a year or two of each other: "The Boy's Got Wings" from Ys III and "Endless Battlefield" from FF Adventure (Seiken Densetsu 1).

http://patgannbrr.bandcamp.com/album/2012-backward-sonata

Free download. Comes with the sheet music. People tell me movements 4 and 5 are their favorite.

Please give feedback and thanks. ^_^

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

I get a mix of Romantic Era/20th Century and present time compositional techniques. I think of battle themes with the 2nd Movement "schnell, mit empfindung", so that would be part of the present-time feel of composition for video games. The third movement, "immer langsam" gives me a 20th century impression--an Erik Satie feel in resemblance to his Gymnopedia--with the introduction and later return--especially the ending with a mysterious-sounding ending! :)

In all truth, the 4th Movement "bewgt, mystisch" sounds like it fit right at home in Super Castlevania 4. I get the same emotion when I hear the intro to The Cave Theme from SCV4. I found the 5th movement "lebhaft, vorstellen ewigkeit" very pleasant, though I have no clue what the original themes you used sound like, so I'll have to check them out on a later date.

Collectively, I enjoyed them for their uniqueness from oneanother. If having to single one of them out, which I usually hate having to do--it's like picking your favorite kid when they are all staring at you--I would go with the 2nd movement. I'm always head-over-heals for anything battle-theme sounding.

Keep up the excellent work Ramza and hope things turn for the better on the life part of things; I'll keep ya in my prayers. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: