Author Topic: CD Projekt RED's Cyberpunk 2077

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CD Projekt RED's Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2018, 03:01:31 PM »
I probably won't have much of a problem with the hybrid shooter/RPG gameplay, so long as it's more like Deus Ex and less like Mass Effect 1 or Andromeda. I'm fine with stats mattering, and that gameplay encourages multiple styles of play so every class has an opportunity to succeed. Just don't have my sub-machinegun bullets fly everywhere around (and sometimes harmlessly phasing through) my enemies when I'm standing at point-blank range, just because I didn't put enough points into the sub Machine gun skill. And definitely don't make the open world just feel like a series of repetitive busywork meant to waste my time. I don't see either scenarios being likely, coming from CD Projekt's involvement with The Witcher, but I think it's safe to say that I'm not gonna be picky when it comes to the combat.

Only other thing I really want to know more about is how hacking is gonna work? I don't mind hacking mini-games, they can be fun so long as they are treated as a game in itself. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a little more variety so they tie in better with certain quests or areas.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:03:18 PM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes