Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 05:50:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327900 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nippon Ichi's Project: D "Disgaea D2"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Nippon Ichi's Project: D "Disgaea D2"  (Read 10212 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 01:48:25 PM »

Etna's brother was already done. They called him Adell. ;-P

I jest on the claim; but technically if you look at their designs they pretty much look like they were taken from a similar genetic stock.

Agreed... but the thing of it is, once you get past the visual similarity, there is no correlation between Etna and Adell.... they don't have similar roles, dispositions, attitudes, et cetera..... Now with Laharl's sister being present, it is quite possible that a new role has opened up so to speak... that is, filling the shoes of Laharl's sister's vassals to ensure there is characters to reinforce her megalomaniac-like personality (which I'm sure she will be sporting, as a subservient sister who followed Laharl's every order wouldn't add much to the narrative).... and that is what scares me about that red-haired fellow.... he looks to me to be dressed to fit the role of a good/bad-guy protector type.... a shoe in victory for a supporting cast member should the new megalomaniac-sister be taking center stage in the future..... thus if they do in fact make him related to Etna in any way beyond a spiritual sense (fulfilling the same role....) I will puke...... It is my hopes that he just some new villain with a strikingly-etna-like palette.

I know I am reading too much into this.... way too early to make such predictions.... and predicting I am not.... I am simply worried that my favorite franchise (for its very entertaining original narrative) is slipping into the realm of predictable cliche' regurgitated crap... As I feared it had been over the last 2 installments (not that they were bad, or that I didn't enjoy them)......

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »

A telling update here as to what we can expect with the plot...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/11/celestial-flowers-are-taking-over-the-netherworld-in-disgaea-dimension-2/

It doesn't sound as bad as I expected.... This is a tough call.... how entertaining this is (or conversely, how predictable and recycled it feels) really will all depend on the quality and execution of the narrative for me. But at least now I don't feel quite as discouraged as I did when I heard about that whole "sister" tidbit.

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »

Personally I think the writing bottomed out in D4; so NIS really has no where to go but up. The plot's foundation for this story is okay for a Disgaea tale; even if there's a plot hole sticking out already. The 'King Krichevskoy' faction, I'm pretty sure, was the group of demons that harangued Laharl all the way up to the midpoint in D1 before finally acknowledging him as Overlord and helping him kick the crap out of  the Lv 1200 extra-dimensional invader.

That half of the plot for DD2 feels a lot like "Oh no no no! That totally never happened! We're not re-using the same thing over again to save time on the writing process! :3 "

The other half...eh, we'll see. D4 pretty much proved that when they want to NIS can lose all sense of subtlety and devolve into the utter low blow 'Why does God want a starship?' moments in fictional writing. Hopefully it'll be less that and more 'Vulcanus' level antagonist writing.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »

Meet... Laharl-Chan, Queen(?) of The Netherworld -- Source: Siliconera

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »

You know, I can actually 'understand' gender bends. Sometimes a character really does look cute or otherwise fascinating if you suddenly flop the X and Ys around. Sometimes a character contains personality traits that would be either shocking or out of the ordinary if their gender were reserves; leading to a dialog regarding the perception of double standards and gender roles in society.

This...is kinda garbage on all fronts. Lazy design and it's pointless on this particular character. Overly aggressive tsunderes are already the default female personality type in lazy Japanese writing 101. Laharl's already over his 'issues' with buxom females anyway so it's not going to develop him either. Personally I'd say this is pretty much the red, flashing, neon lights lit up over the 'We're out of ideas!' sign.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:21:14 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »

I can't believe it!!! They are actually doing something that seems really cool  and exciting.... at least  to me..... then again maybe its just because I've already spent so much time in item worlds, the prospect of grinding in a different environment seems awesome.... whatever the case may be, I am stoked for this development!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/19/disgaeas-item-world-evolved-to-the-item-sea-in-disgaea-dimension-2/

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »

Nippon Ichi also confirmed Asagi will be in Disgaea Dimension 2

Come on Nippon Ichi, make her goddamn game already. It's seriously sad to see her get shelved in every game =(
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 05:28:03 PM »

Nippon Ichi also confirmed Asagi will be in Disgaea Dimension 2

Come on Nippon Ichi, make her goddamn game already. It's seriously sad to see her get shelved in every game =(

That's the joke, dood.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 11:56:29 AM »

Read over the article a few times just to be sure but...I wasn't told any difference. Item World, Item Sea...sounds like the same thing only with a name change. Need more information.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

Read over the article a few times just to be sure but...I wasn't told any difference. Item World, Item Sea...sounds like the same thing only with a name change. Need more information.

don't dash my dreams!! there is gonna be water!! THERE IS GOING TO BE LANDMASSES!!! There is going to be INTERESTING TERRAIN!!!!!!..... its gonna be different.... its gotta be.... cause if it isn't you can bet Klyde's ship WILL not be sailing those open seas, no sir!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »

Disgaea D2 second trailer, Laharl version -- Source: Gematsu
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

oooooooo I hope they make the classic laharl outfit bonus DLC or something when they localize this!!! Plus I didn't see anything that looked like the old item world! I really am getting excited.....

.....I can't wait to see what the LE for this one contains!! I hope we get more little figurines.... gee golly disgaea makes me happy...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

It's kind of a no-brainer, but US release confirmed.

Yes I'm using the same link in two different posts, so sue me ;)

Oh yeah, The Guided Fate Paradox too.  That might be interesting.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2013, 11:01:06 PM »

It's kind of a no-brainer, but US release confirmed.

Yes I'm using the same link in two different posts, so sue me ;)

Oh yeah, The Guided Fate Paradox too.  That might be interesting.

Thanks for the links - in both threads.

I'm very pleased about Guided Fate paradox, since it's basically ZHP 2.  ZHP didn't get nearly enough love.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 10:39:33 AM »

Well, looks like $120 to $180 of my annual budget is going towards some new NISA titles....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: