Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 03:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338123 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Nippon Ichi's Project: D "Disgaea D2"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Nippon Ichi's Project: D "Disgaea D2"  (Read 12308 times)
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »

Not really a fan of the current bundle selections. Where's the normal game + guide option without the extra crap? :-\ Heck you can't eve pre-order the guide by itself.

Come on... you can't deny the cuteness of those Etna and Flonne figurines!

But truthfully, I bet if you just got an LE with the guide and e-bayed the rest of the stuff you'd end up breaking even. Think of it like doing a little extra legwork to get the game and guide for free :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »

Meanwhile it was just announced that Disgaea 4 is getting a Vita port.  I guess I'll get that and wait for the inevitable Vita port of DD2 ;)

Somehow these games just work better on a portable for me.  Maybe it's just the fact that even if I'm in the middle of an item world crawl I can always just put the system to sleep and pick it up later.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »

Meanwhile it was just announced that Disgaea 4 is getting a Vita port.  I guess I'll get that and wait for the inevitable Vita port of DD2 ;)

Now that I was waiting for. Wanted to try the new D4 classes but didn't want to pay for the DLC. Perfect solution. XD

Although considering NISA's delay history DD2 will be more likely to hit the Vita-2 than the current gen. XP
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

Just when you guys decided you've had enough of Disgaea...

DISGAEA 5 GOES INTO EARLY PRODUCTIONS!!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/15/disgaea-5-is-in-pre-production-fans-vote-for-their-favorite-nis-games/

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »

I'm pumped for the Disgaea 4 Vita port.  By the time we get it (USA) I'll have a Vita, and I've barely touched the Disgaea 4 postgame.  Vita should have new content, some of the DLC built-in, and be on the sexiest small screen available.  I'm 100% okay with this. 

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 06:32:18 AM »

Just when you guys decided you've had enough of Disgaea...

DISGAEA 5 GOES INTO EARLY PRODUCTIONS!!!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/15/disgaea-5-is-in-pre-production-fans-vote-for-their-favorite-nis-games/

.....Seeing the list of NIS games really makes me question why I keep buying them since the only one that I really  really liked is Disgaea and after that a lot of the novelty really wore off. I guess brand loyalty or something?
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2013, 04:10:14 PM »

I'm actually sadder Soul Nomad isn't higher.  But still, I suppose it would never beat Disgaea.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »

I'm glad I held out on Disgaea 4 PS3, given the announcement of the PSV port, and I do intend to get a Vita in the near future.

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2013, 01:31:35 PM »

Meanwhile it was just announced that Disgaea 4 is getting a Vita port. 

My husband just did a happy dance....
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2013, 05:46:26 PM »

While personally I am huge Disgaea fan, I'm really surprised to see this get such praise from IGN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/30/disgaea-d2-review

If I wasn't excited before I suuuuure am now!

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 07:54:47 PM »

This got a pretty negative review here but I'm enjoying it just fine :D

I got more laughs out of the first chapter than the entirety of Disgaea 4.  So glad to have the original trio back.  New apprentice system is great.  "Mounting" doesn't seem terribly useful but there's no turn limit like magicchange so that's cool.  The first mounted prinny skill is the best
Klyde Chroma

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »

This got a pretty negative review here but I'm enjoying it just fine :D

I got more laughs out of the first chapter than the entirety of Disgaea 4.  So glad to have the original trio back.  New apprentice system is great.  "Mounting" doesn't seem terribly useful but there's no turn limit like magicchange so that's cool.  The first mounted prinny skill is the best

I am DYING to play this!!!.... but I have to polish off kingdom hearts first in order to devote myself to it properly.

Without even playing it though, I can see where a disgaea game can either leave a stellar impression or a pitiful one. Nippon Ichi clearly caters to the same crowd time and again with Disgaea (or at least they try to). That is giving some fans exactly what they want, while leaving others... well.. wanting. And they certainly have not been too concerned with widening the appeal of the franchise to a broader demographic. I love seeing progressive and inventive measures being taken with games but when it comes to disgaea I will gladly take more of the same.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:04:27 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Triscal-Goddess / PSN

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »

PSN update currently downloading....

Look, I'm a Disgaea fanboy, so I'll probably love this game regardless of its faults.  I will enjoy the **** out of the main story, do maybe 2% of the postgame content, and then move on.  Worth it. 

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2013, 11:49:05 PM »

I think you guys will like the new apprentice system.  You can freely swap masters and apprentices around so it's very easy to learn moves from other characters in your party.  It also affects the new friendship system which seems neat. 

The general gameplay of course is prettymuch just like all the others but NIS is wary of changing things too much in their main series as it might alienate fans.  If you want something more "different" there's always Guided Fate Paradox coming out next month :)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 12:41:00 AM »

Just picked this up. Shame the guide DLC seems to be bugged right now and no one's Raspberyl codes are working. This game totally is more grind heavy though. Picked up two early monsters and damn do they blow chunks without good items. Think I spent most of tonight grinding just for my party to have the 3K (cost) armor and the 3K weapons; and I haven't gone past 1-7 yet. Also noticing the shops require a lot more purchasing then normal to rank up too.

But damn...the nostalgia factor in the game. The music, the characters, and even that right out the gate secret appears to be intact. No final access yet but I'm curious what's in that little corner now.

Every other thing is just like a massive improvement on the formula and almost a dream come true.

Can see the numbers for Hospital rewards without needing a walkthrough? Awesome.
Can change character color on all models without needing to late game grind or spend a ton of mana? Awesome.

And never mind what the review says. Mounting Monsters is fun and damn useful. Best implementation of critters in the entire series and I actually have motivation to keep them around besides for lawls.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: