Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327352 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS (Japan) in Feb.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS (Japan) in Feb.  (Read 5781 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:11 AM »

Since Nintendo published Dragon Quest VI and IX I think is reasonable to expect that the same will happen with VII.

Edit: from Siliconera...

Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden upgrades

DQ VII 3DS is a full 3D remake of the original PlayStation version
3 save files on the cartridge
Orchestrated soundtrack from the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra

Scenario & Game Designer: Yuji Horii

Character Designer: Akira Toriyama

Music: Koichi Sugiyama

Art Direction: Shintaro Majima

Planning & Development: ArtePiazza

Publishing and Sales: Square Enix

http://www.dragonquest.jp/dq7/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:25:36 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »

A remake often is also a port, but people ironically seem to call mostly direct ports remakes.

So here's a handy dandy guide, as the guy I'm quoting pointed out there's some confusion up in this bitch:

A port's a direct code translation from one architecture to another. Shenmue 2 on the XBox was a port of the Dreamcast game.

Sometimes you get added content with a port, or a new script, in which case you can called it an 'enhanced port'. This would be the DS version of Chrono Trigger. Or the DS version of Dragon Quest IV, although that was more of a gutted-ass port of the PSX remake. With a bad translation.

If you get a remake, it's implied that the entire game has been redone, in some sense. Like this DQVII remake.

Sometimes, you just get an emulator bundled with a rom of the game which has been hacked to play FMV somehow, such as the PSX version of FFVI.

And on really rare, truly special occasions, you get a box full of musical tarantulas.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »

Additionally you'll also have remakes that are so remade they change genres almost completely like in the case of Lufia DS: Curse of the Sinistrals.

Also there's the Fire Emblem 3 clause where a remake ceases to be a remake and becomes a sequel if at least 50% of the content is new and does not consist of either DLC or one really long and grindy dungeon that takes as much time to slog through as the rest of the original game combined.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:52:31 AM »

It's been a while since we've heard word on localizations of Dragon Quest games since Joker 2, so I'm somewhat doubtful this and other more recent titles, like Slime Mori Mori 3 and Terry's Wonderland, will see light outside Japan, since Square-Enix has given up on the series and Nintendo has had to step in to translate them. Good news, regardless.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:53 AM »

It's been a while since we've heard word on localizations of Dragon Quest games since Joker 2, so I'm somewhat doubtful this and other more recent titles, like Slime Mori Mori 3 and Terry's Wonderland, will see light outside Japan, since Square-Enix has given up on the series and Nintendo has had to step in to translate them. Good news, regardless.

I know what you mean, but I'm expecting both of those to get an announcement next year, even if Nintendo has to get involved again.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »

How did DQ 6 do? Well enough for it to pay off for Nintendo?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

How did DQ 6 do? Well enough for it to pay off for Nintendo?

IX did but I'm not too sure about VI.

Either way though I just hope it doesn't come at the expense of another one of Nintendo's RPGs.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

Yeah, I already own DQ7. I'd rather have Bravely Default than this again.

Ideally I'd like to have both though.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »

Or the DS version of Dragon Quest IV, although that was more of a good port of the PSX remake. With a good translation.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:11:57 PM by Der Jermeister » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 01:56:34 AM »

Or the DS version of Dragon Quest IV, although that was more of a good port of the mediocre PSX remake. With an over-the-top yet gutted translation.

Fixed.

Now its fixed.

Because seriously, Chapter 6 was unnecessary and diminished Psaro's character arc by giving him a cheap out. Though that's not to say it was a terrible port since it was still worth it just to get the Chapter 5 party off AI control.

Also what the fuck are Bairns and where can I find them? [/rhetorical question]

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2012, 10:45:37 PM »

Am I the only one that liked Dragon Quest II? I think that game deserves a full remake. They've neglected the first three games when it's come to the DS or 3DS remakes.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 11:01:24 PM »

As far as I know the Super Famicom versions are the best versions of the first three games that you are gonna find. Those has not been released outside of Japan but I think there are some fan translations, I'm not sure though.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 12:24:04 AM »

As far as I know the Super Famicom versions are the best versions of the first three games that you are gonna find. Those has not been released outside of Japan but I think there are some fan translations, I'm not sure though.

I really wish they'd bring over the Dragon Quest Anniversary Collection. The Loto trilogy in both NES and SuperNES versions? Yes please.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 01:00:32 AM »

Those has not been released outside of Japan but I think there are some fan translations, I'm not sure though.

There are. I played 3 snes not too long ago.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »

New screens. Purely from a graphical perspective, it looks like a completely new game. Amusingly, my first reaction was horror at seeing the return of those obnoxious crystal puzzles from the first island.

Also, no random encounters, as you can tell by the field screen.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/14/dragon-quest-vii-remake-screenshots-show-off-the-new-3d-graphics/

PS: Gabo looks adorable.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:15:28 PM by Cyril » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: