Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 02:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331972 Posts in 13597 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS (Japan) in Feb.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS (Japan) in Feb.  (Read 6312 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 01:36:53 PM »

Actually, I wonder if random encounters may still hold in dungeons? Though I don't know what to make of the fact characters are visible there: will battles get slowed down, or is this like PSIV and things will still stay snappy?
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 06:13:25 PM »

On the other hand it should make it easier to grind for Monster Hearts. Although this seems to suggest something else might be included.

New screens. Purely from a graphical perspective, it looks like a completely new game. Amusingly, my first reaction was horror at seeing the return of those obnoxious crystal puzzles from the first island.

Also, no random encounters, as you can tell by the field screen.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/14/dragon-quest-vii-remake-screenshots-show-off-the-new-3d-graphics/

PS: Gabo looks adorable.

What's nice is being able to see your own party rather than the usual enemy only. It even looks like either wearing certain ensembles or being in certain classes (or maybe mastering a class) changes your appearance.

Also:

:argh: GRACOS!!!!! :argh:

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 03:05:58 PM »

I just saw the siliconera post with the new screens and flew over here to express how excited I was!.... Though it appears you guys beat me to it... LoL

None-the-less I"m gonna post an official "woo-hoo" because I LOVE when characters appearance is altered via equipment or class in a JRPG... Little attention to visual details like that make me happy :)

This is really looking like something I'm gonna be waiting with baited breath for.... or at least waiting for an NA release announcement..

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/dragon-quest-vii-warriors-of-eden-screenshots

A bunch of new pics featuring a bunch of "OH GOD! Not this again!" shots, and what is apparently the function of that purple/green bug guy (as some sort of Lithograph Shard collector which means "OH GOD! Even more Lithograph Shards to track down! Leave no barrel unsmashed, no pot untossed, and no sack unsacked!").

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 12:38:44 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/06/dragon-quest-viis-3ds-remake-has-visible-encounters-instead-of-random-battles/

More screenshots and misinformation about new monsters as those are no monsters but boss fights encountered at various points throughout the game (and that DQVIII and the DS ports/remake feature random encounters).

Also the Time Master description is the fuckin' understatement of the year.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2012, 12:42:20 AM »

Ah, damn, you beat me.  I was just posting that link.

The Hell Vine town was very, very interesting. Very clever, and a nice way to spice things up when you think that you're starting to get everything down to a science. Looking back, DQVII was surprisingly good at that, given its length. You think you're starting to understand, then boom!

Code:
The entire Dharma Temple section. Then, right after, the world gets flooded. Then there's the time loop.
Then all that drama you caused through three towns over the course of four people's lifetimes didn't end up with
a "happily ever after" like you first expected it to. Then God isn't God.

...I am not looking forward to grinding for Monster Hearts again.  It took me 15 hours to get the Jewel Bag one in my last playthrough.  Fortunately, Whistle and AOE skills made it relatively mindless, but still far more annoying than it should be.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:46:52 AM by Cyril » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 09:25:36 AM »

At least this time we'll be able to pick and choose our battles instead of risking overleveling past the region's level ceiling and not having the remaining battles count towards leveling classes. But yeah, not looking forward to chasing down Bolt Rats and Dumbira hearts for Esterk/PlatKing shenanigans again (although I could feasibly bypass the Dumbira heart and, by extension, the Slime and Lizardman hearts by Lucky Paneling up their evolved counterparts instead).

Also, I too enjoyed the town who's future refused to change. Especially in contrast to just how many regions don't wind up with happy endings when all's said and done.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/18/dragon-quest-viis-streetpass-stones-unlock-special-dungeons/

And once again, fuck everywhere but Japan.

Fortunately, it sounds like its only tied to potential Monster Park inhabitants which means that its completely insignificant instead of only semi-insignificant.

But still, it's depressing to have to live in a densely populated area that's willing to bring their handhelds outside of their home and are willing to purchase the same game you have to access things, and not have some sort of alternative short of cheating devices or expensive trips to gaming conventions.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/28/finding-shards-in-dragon-quest-vii-should-be-easier-you-have-radar-now/

Pardon the triple post but anybody who's played the game on the PSX should appreciate this update. A Dragon Shard Radar should make scouring the land less necessary to progress (although its still worth it just for all the potential loot to be found even if most of it is just pennies and dung).

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/28/finding-shards-in-dragon-quest-vii-should-be-easier-you-have-radar-now/

Pardon the triple post but anybody who's played the game on the PSX should appreciate this update. A Dragon Shard Radar should make scouring the land less necessary to progress (although its still worth it just for all the potential loot to be found even if most of it is just pennies and dung).

Oh G-d yes. I am now infinitely more intriqued by this game.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »

I've mixed feelings.  On one hand, some of those shards were really well hidden and you had to explore every nook and cranny to find them, to the point where it was almost ridiculous.  I think one of the shards for the optional dungeon was missable, as well.

On the other hand, whenever games have maps and radars I tend to "follow the dot" so to speak and make a beeline towards the treasure, without spending as much time exploring.  I know this is more a personal flaw than a flaw in the design, though.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/02/dragon-quest-vii-brings-its-streetpass-stone-trading-feature-online/

I really hope that this ends up as a feature for every version of Immigrant Town because if its only featured in Grand Slum....hrrrgggh!!!

Addendum: It's nice to see the dancing scene not look like complete ass like it did in the PSX version.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:01:41 AM by Aeolus » Logged

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Was this the game where God was one of the secret bosses? I wonder if they'll keep that in the game.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »

Yes.  And they'd have to keep it in, unless they thoroughly change the entire game, as
Code:
reviving God is one of the main plotlines for the first 2/3 of the game.  This isn't really a spoiler, considering you're told
this on your first trip to Lefa, but hey, better safe than sorry.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »

Yes.  And they'd have to keep it in, unless they thoroughly change the entire game, as
Code:
reviving God is one of the main plotlines for the first 2/3 of the game.  This isn't really a spoiler, considering you're told
this on your first trip to Lefa, but hey, better safe than sorry.

It was the first trip to the Deja tribe's camp where you first got to ask 'What does God need with a Dance?' and was the first dick move in a series of dick moves that culminated in class changing. The Lefa section came much later and involved bird people, the lack of bird people, and mazes filled with mazes with mazes coming out the ass. Hopefully they wont be so similarly named should it get localized again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: