Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS (Japan) in Feb.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS (Japan) in Feb.  (Read 5761 times)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »

Yeah, Deja, that's what I was referring to.  I don't even know where I got Lefa from.  Thanks for the correction.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »

Was this the game where God was one of the secret bosses? I wonder if they'll keep that in the game.
Given that it was
Code:
just a friendly bout where he goes to live in your town afterwards
I doubt they'd remove it. Might not refer to him as God or something, but still it doesn't really seem to bad except maybe to those the most sensitive about their religion, certainly nothing like MegaTen or other JRPGs.

EDIT: Someone should PM me when I mess the tags up. Though I guess most don't really care at this point and I'd say spoiling any of the vignettes would actually be way worse.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:55:43 AM by Eusis » Logged
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »

I have the playstation original and haven't touched it yet probably not interested in this version
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »

I have the playstation original and haven't touched it yet probably not interested in this version

Your call, but the original is so massive and clunky that I can't imagine this not being the definitive version.

(Although that could just be my lack of faith in OG Playstation hardware due to failures which caused me to not finish the PSX version of the game when one of my memory cards got reformatted to make room for an Inuyasha fighting game save file. I had an endgame save that was a grind away from beating the final boss on that memory card among other things. Also PSXes suck and overheat causing them to freeze at the drop of the hat. And the ingame CGs of the PSX version were ugly as hell.)

The tl;dr is that the PSX did not age well at all.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 08:06:48 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/dragon-quest-vii-was-originally-a-riddle-solving-adventure/

Not a lot of new info, but there are some interesting tidbits about the development of both this title and the old one.  Of particular interest is that there seem to be differences in Experience and level gain in the battle system.

Also, it seems there are only two camera angles?  Am I misreading this, or did they remove the full camera movement?
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/06/dragon-quest-vii-producer-pushed-for-the-orchestral-score/

And a cool beans update in regards to the music.

I hope to god that this comes out here (again).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: