Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 05:27:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338201 Posts in 13845 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  If Namco wants my money...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: If Namco wants my money...  (Read 1927 times)
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:12:10 AM »

They will release Tales of Hearts R and Tales of Innocence R here!!

I know that Innocence R didn't do THAT great even in Japan, but I think bringing those games to North America would be a great way for us to experience those Tales Of games that we never got to play. And for those who played the imports, they would get whole new versions of the games with updated graphics, battles and new characters!

...but mostly I just want these games for myself so I can play even MORE Tales Of games. :)

http://www.talesunion.com/news/tales-of-hearts-r-announced--2137.html

Looks great, right??

pigTails of...
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 04:09:01 AM »

Innocence R got pretty mediocre reviews.  I think I can live without it.  And Hearts R...well, we don't really know anything about it.  Hearts was supposed to be quite good but it sounds like they're completely changing the system.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

If Namco wanted my money they wouldn't have fucked up the Ni No Kuni pre-orders in Canada so badly.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »

I don't know how good the games were, but if they were bad or mediocre they shouldn't bring them over so they don't hurt the brand.

The DS version of Innocence does have a fantranslation though, if you have the means to play it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »

Just buy Tales of Xillia when that comes out.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:19 PM »

Buy Xillia!

And Innocence was excellent-- the DS version, that is. I enjyoed the plot, or at least, what I could understand with my average Japanese. Spada!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:42 PM »

Innocence R is annoying and a waste of potential.  I'll take Xill and even its sequel.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GuardianBoi

SOphie!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »

Just buy Tales of Xillia when that comes out.

Psssh! I live with 2 people who work at Gamestop and will tell me the SECOND it is available to pre-order and it shall be mine. :)

I just think those remakes would be a good addition to the Vita over here so it can give me a reason to get one.

On a completely separate Xillia note:  I read yesterday that they just finished all the voice over work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an announcement soon. :)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/05/tales-of-voice-recording-a-tales-of-xillia-update/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=tales-of-voice-recording-a-tales-of-xillia-update

pigTails of...
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 06:40:43 PM »

I played Tales of Innocence on the DS using the Absolute Zero patch in the first half of 2011 - http://a0t.co/.  I thought it was pretty good, but the dungeons were really dragging and the mandatory grind got a little rough.  I really liked how all the characters played, with the possible exception of Hermana (crappy magic selection, paper-thin defenses, and only redeeming value in combat was speedy combos). 

What I want from Namco we won't ever get - English-language versions of the PSP/PS2 Tales of Destiny Director's Cut and the PSP Full Voice edition of Tales of Phantasia.  I would buy Tales of Hearts R in a hot second, but I'm less certain of Innocence R. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »

I buy everything used anyway. The amount of my money that actually ever goes to a developer is like, slim.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 02:33:21 AM »

Namco wants money!?  Could have fooled me....

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »

i think with graces namco learned they can make a bit of money with dlc wich is why i think we are getting xillia.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 10:23:54 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpfCz-W4KUw

Tales of Xillia 2 final battle track (no spoilers, other than music).

"Music spoilers"
Code:
Holy fuckstick, I love this song. One of my favorite things this series has been doing is using the vocal theme as the basis for a battle track, and using it for the FINAL BOSS this time is amazing. I want to import this game naoooooo.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: