Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331854 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Game Music Bundle 4: A New Hope
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Music Bundle 4: A New Hope  (Read 735 times)
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »

If you haven't caught wind of this--you beautiful listeners of video game music--then here is your heads up: It's here! *Confetti*

Game Music Bundle 4

What's represented in this bundle is the following

Tier 1 (less than $10)
  • SPELUNKY
  • RETRO CITY RAMPAGE
  • INDIE GAME: THE MOVIE: THE SOUNDTRACK
  • DEAR ESTHER
  • SHOOT MANY ROBOTS

Tier 2 ($10 or More)
  • JOYPAD POWERUP
  • KANTO SYMPHONY EP
  • SKYRIM MAIN THEME
  • ADVENTURES IN PIXELS
  • JOTTOBOTS

Personally, I wanted the Kanto Symphony EP, Spelunky, and Dear Esther soundtrack/albums. Post about your excitement and warm feelings about this soundtrack here.[/list]

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »

They've sure been putting these out quickly. I've picked each one up so far, so I'm sure I'll get this one.
Are there any standouts here? Is it really worth it?

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »

I already own the IGTM soundtrack and I love it (because I love all things Jim Guthrie). Other than that ... "Shoot Many Robots" is from Rich Vreeland, aka Disasterpeace, who did FEZ. Very interesting acoustic / folk soundtrack. But the best of those soundtracks for my money is Dear Esther. That said, I ain't listened to Spelunky OST yet. RCR is cool but ... intentionally a play off of classic OSTs, so it's cool but sort of a novelty.

Among Tier 2 (almost all Joypad releases), Kanto Symphony is of interest to me. I'm also interested in listening to Jottobots just 'cuz it's Josh Whelchel.

I'll probably do some sort of special coverage on OSV for this bundle.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:04:44 PM »

Ramza, I think you'd get a kick out of the Kanto Symphony Full album. It's available on iTunes (Pokémon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony), which provides excellent sample lengths for further enjoyment--or teasing. I follow the tumblr (Pokémon Reorchestrated) of the creator of this pleasant project (Skotein). I plan on picking up this release when my paycheck lands this Friday.

From the tracks I've heard so far, I like "Pallet Town" from it's soothing and quirky nature. Tell ya truth, I think the description of "pleasantly quirky" best describes this album.

Man, I really love when albums like these are released, an another enjoyable example being The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Symphony. The Zelda one had a physical release (sold out now), but I wasn't convinced I should spend $50 for a physical copy; I'll just download the album once it ends up on iTunes or Bandcamp.

Actually...might go ask the creator of the Kanto Symphony if he plans on ever pressing it. For this re-imagination of Pokemon Red/Blue, I'd fork over $30 for a pressed, especially if it has info about the author and some back story. I love it when albums/soundtracks come with booklets packed full with background info.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: