Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:02:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319144 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs / Visual Novels / etc. on Nintendo DS?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: RPGs / Visual Novels / etc. on Nintendo DS?  (Read 7167 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 04:45:02 AM »

Ugh, just seeing you guys mention that title makes me want to replay it...
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 07:29:49 AM »

I haven't played it personally, but I've heard great things about the GLory of Heracles RPG. 

I approve of this nonsense!
MadAngryFrustrated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »

Regarding Zelda; What's the deal with those games? I've never played one, but it looks rather simplistic and generic in every aspect. Why do people love them so much?

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »

100% pure fun. 

Think of it like mac 'n cheese.  Not a complex food by any means, but depending on who makes it, it can be enticingly and addictingly delicious or it can be a burnt oily mess.  Zelda is like that really good mac 'n cheese that only your grandma can make. 

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 12:36:23 PM »

100% pure fun. 

Think of it like mac 'n cheese.  Not a complex food by any means, but depending on who makes it, it can be enticingly and addictingly delicious or it can be a burnt oily mess.  Zelda is like that really good mac 'n cheese that only your grandma can make. 

What he said. One thing about Zelda is that they're kind of in a genre of their own. The worst Zelda game is still a good game on its own. As long as it's actually made by Nintendo.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »

I actually liked the Capcom Zeldas.  Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and Minish Cap were pretty fun.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »

The best Zelda game is Okami ;)

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »

I actually liked the Capcom Zeldas.  Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and Minish Cap were pretty fun.

Those are actually my three favorite Zeldas, along with LttP :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 05:50:05 PM »

Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game too.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 08:17:20 PM »

I forgot those were made by Capcom. :-)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 02:42:37 AM »

I'd *love* to see another Capcom-made Zelda title.
Seasons and Minish were a step above Nintendo's handheld efforts with the series.  Heck, I wouldn't mind a continuation of Minish Cap, I thought the concept was a lot of fun to just leave alone.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 02:53:58 AM »

If the TC liked 999, he should get the sequel VLR: Zero Escape (on the 3DS) but that has a gamebreaking glitch.

OBJECTION!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »

Only for the 3DS version and only if you saved DURING one of two puzzles. If you remember to only save when in the story portions, you should be ok.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »

I'd *love* to see another Capcom-made Zelda title.
Seasons and Minish were a step above Nintendo's handheld efforts with the series.  Heck, I wouldn't mind a continuation of Minish Cap, I thought the concept was a lot of fun to just leave alone.

I don't know. The Capcom Zeldas tend to suffer from problems of having some REALLY annoying sequences like Tokay Island, the Dancing Gorons, and all the block pushing business that goes on in MC. Also MC had a really bizarre challenge curve by blocking off most of the game's content until you reached the latter half of the game (like by the time you complete the fourth dungeon, the Temple of Droplets, you'll have at best 9 heart containers, but by the time you reach the entrance of fifth dungeon, the Palace of the Winds, you can have up to 15 heart containers, and that's not even getting to the bullshit like the Mirror Shield or the final piece of heart). Although I will admit that they do come up with some good boss fights like the Sky Manta in MC or General Onyx in OoS (even if he is just a Sigma clone).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 11:36:14 PM »

Each game has an annoying sequence, so I don't think that's too Capcom-exclusive.
Ocarina of Time has Dampe's grave and the "childhood arc" dungeons, Majora's Mask has "the first 3 days", Twilight Princess has the Sacred Grove (*groan* twice), Wind Waker has sailing and Forsaken Fortress (which is one big stealth sequence aside from when you're thwacking an enemy with a giant stick), Skyward Sword has you doing three laps around the Hyrule track ... and Adventure of Link is one big long annoying sequence.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: