Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335279 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of the Abyss Laser Cell Pre-order gift!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tales of the Abyss Laser Cell Pre-order gift!  (Read 1404 times)
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2006, 01:57:26 AM »

I just Pre-ordered Tales of the Abyss from Gamestop today and they gave me the Laser Cell.  If you pre-ordered, I highly suggest you go and pick it up before they are all gone!

Here's what it looks like if anyone is curious (or hasn't seen it already).

I really like it.  I really like the logo engraved in the matt board.  Did anyone else already get theirs?

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 02:03:31 AM »

I have one, but I work at EB.  Not really a surprise to me, more companies need to give away goodies with their games.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:40:51 AM »

Eh. I can live without. I'm more interested in art books and music CDs (ok, maybe the latter's not so great for this.)
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 02:14:58 AM »

Being the art design junkie that I am, as well as being a consumate Fujishima Kosuke fanboy, I would have much preferred an artbook to a cel.  But oh well, you can't have everything.

Hell, if the domestic companies put a bit more effort and money into their limited edition preorders, they'd draw more of a crowd.  I realize that there are issues with liscensing, finances, and sometimes outright laziness that prevent this, though, so I try not to complain too much.  I also realize that preorders aren't all that important unless you're an obsessed "must have it all or I'll die" fan.  In the end, the extras are just icing on the cake.  But who doesn't like icing, dammit!  :P

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 02:56:53 AM »

I think the biggest problems are 1. how much people will accept while still remaining affordable, and 2. If enough people want it to make it worthwhile. For DDS1, it had to be sold only in that boxset, Growlanser Generations was just too damn expensive, and I'm frequently seeing more CEs for american games than ones from Japan - for every FFXII CE, there's a CE for a significant movie license and Tom Clancy game, and the former generally aren't even that great. But they'll sell, so it's worth doing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: