Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:57:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Remorse for things you did or failed to do in games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Remorse for things you did or failed to do in games  (Read 1931 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »

I saw this on another forum and I thought it would be an interesting topic here too.

List some things you did or failed to do that made you feel genuinely bad.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a personal choice as it can be something fixed in the story or a mandatory action/quest.

Also, for added fun. you can list some horrible things you did that others probably would feel bad about but you didn't at all.

To avoid possible spoilers, I suggest using this format:

Katawa Shoujo
Hanako's path - Good end
After you finally meet her again and talk about the time you had sex (which I thought was mutual), you learn that you pretty forced yourself on her and she just let you have your way because she thought that if you had sex with her you'd start to see her as a normal person.
I felt like a total scum at that moment.

Mass Effect 2
Tali's trial
When Tali asks you to preserve her father's honor and lie. My paragon Shepard should have said the entire truth... but I really like Tali, and as such, I lied.
I felt so dirty for lying.

Chrono Trigger
Lucca's mom
The first time I played CT, I was pressing A to acknowledge the text box telling you to enter LARA, which would mean me pressing ALARA each time. As she was getting closer to the machine, I started to panic and swear at the game until *SCREEEEAM*
I loaded my prior save (which was a while ago) and redid it until I figured out what I was doing wrong.
I refused to let her be crippled because of some stupid mistake.

Mass Effect 2
Wrex
I killed Wrex and I didn't feel bad at all about it. The Krogan was out of control and a danger for everyone else.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:20:32 PM »

Hourglass of Summer has a VERY conflicting one of those.  
Code:
It seems like the right thing to do to alert the maintenance guy fix the big clock by the swimming pool so it doesn't fall on Mana, break her leg, and keep her out of the diving competition.  However, in order to get the "good" ending with her, she needs to be injured.

Oh, and during some subsequent playthroughs of Crescendo, I almost didn't want to make some of the rotten decisions regarding the girls but bit the bullet anyway and fast forwarded through the negative consequences and bad endings just for the sake of completism.  Okay, so I eventually went back and re-read those tragic scenes I caused and felt bad afterward.  This is notable, because as evidenced in our Paragon/Renegade feature, I am the guy who will make rotten decisions in love adventures for lolz.  I didn't want to in Crescendo, because I really felt like a horrible person for doing so.  Yep, that's one love adventure that transcended my game-to-reality emotional barrier.  http://www.rpgfan.com/features/Paragon_vs_Renegade/index.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:56:55 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »

Mass Effect (all of them)

Code:
Didn't reset after Ashley killed Wrex in ME1

Let Archer keep his brother in Project Overlord in ME2

I should probably feel bad about letting Garrus shoot Sidonis but I don't.

Sabotaged the genophage in ME3 ie. shooting Mordin

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:38:05 PM »

Code:

LIZ HOW COULD YOU

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:49 PM »

Dragon Age 1

Code:
Let Alistair kill the Archdemon so my character wouldn't die. Obviously didn't bone Morrigan.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »

FFVIA:

Code:
Let Mog fall to his not-doom for the sake of a golden hairpin.

And because unlike in previous versions of the game the added fight with Leviathan lets Mog learn Water Rondo even in the WoR so outside of a few levels worth of esper bonuses it was a net gain.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:29 PM »

Code:

LIZ HOW COULD YOU

Renegade. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »

KOTOR1:

Code:
I did a lot of terrible things in my first play through of the game on my quest to become an evil Jedi and didn't feel guilty about most of it, but I felt horrible after I caused the boyfriend and girlfriend that came from fighting families to break up.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 02:17:23 AM »

Getting better "completes" I suppose counts.  I was looking at my trophies in comparison to another persons, and man do they milk their purchases (i.e.; gets at least 50%+ of the trophies).  He also seems to do more with his life than I do work-wise.  I don't know where I fall in... then I wonder if I should even bother caring?  HMM.

Moving on.

Suikoden II
Not saving Nanami from her death.  I really lost my nerve when I missed only two....TWO of the permanently missable stars.  Then again, the requirements to actually save her are pretty...far out.  Don't you actually have to equip her with good shit too??  Fuck, if only FF7's Aeris knew that before Sephiroth cut into her like warm butter...

On that note...

Final Fantasy VII
Not beating Emerald and Ruby... without Gameshark.  D:
I do blame my youth at the time for just not really being up to the challenge too.  I also regret my latest playthrough that's letting KotR do all the work when a boss annoys me...

Radiant Historia/VLR? -- blind plays
Not watching all the "bad" endings.  If this game and 999/VLR prove: they can be quite worth it.  On that note, for the sake of saving time, I usually reference a guide... a lot of the impact is lost though when you do so, certain games are just way better to play blind.  Alice's "game over" ending is fucken frightening, but if you picked the right option you have it explained to you and really loses the kick of the original.  I really want to play more games blind.

WRPGs
For thinking they're hilarious looking right off the bat.  Which is pretty goddamn ironic if I side more with JRPGs (which can be equally "hilarious" looking for different reasons... For example: Infamous versus Eternal Sonata.  I wanna make fun of Cole every minute for being a grunge-punk, Batman-lung-cancer-wannabe with super static powers.... but Eternal Sonata takes place in Anime-Chopin's death dream...and deals with his sister in some time-loop[?] in that dream[?] and _______????_____??).  But this argument is old.  I've been getting into quite a few lately too.

Star Ocean 3
Despite being one of only 3 people who love the game, I never beat the secret dungeons.  I guess after clocking 100 hours and their difficulty still being a problem and the fact one dungeon is called Sphere 221 (I think) and having some ridiculous # of floors.... bah.  I moved on, but plan to go back.  That game, however, does have some of the meanest dungeons I've played in an RPG.

Mass Effect's
Kyuusei may hate me, or at the very least frown and grill me for it, but I regret not having played these yet.

Xenoblade
I regrret not beating it.  I regret selling it a bit too.  But given the time I have, the game was just intimidating.  I find gigantic overworlds really scary to take on

Zone of the Enders HD
Um, I kinda have remorse for buying it haha.  I know there's a good game in there somewhere, but starting it up is a pain in the butt...

I wanna add a "win" to all of these.  I'm proud as hell for having a sort-of "perfect run" on VP's Hard Mode.  That was swell. :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 02:39:15 AM »

Kinda on topic... but skipping the PS2 generation of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 02:44:51 AM »

Kinda on topic... but skipping the PS2 generation of games.

A good generation it was.

I have remorse for the stuff I've given away.  I traded Skies of Arcadia Legends and I don't know why (well, ok, it does get really tedious by the end, but...).

I've been watching Haunting Ground's LP (the one with the chicken who looks like Jill Valentine in Res5).  I want [another] dog.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:50:01 AM by Dice » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 12:52:59 PM »

Mass Effect's
Kyuusei may hate me, or at the very least frown and grill me for it, but I regret not having played these yet.

Well now you can get the trilogy! :DDD

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »

Chrono Trigger
Lucca's mom
The first time I played CT, I was pressing A to acknowledge the text box telling you to enter LARA, which would mean me pressing ALARA each time. As she was getting closer to the machine, I started to panic and swear at the game until *SCREEEEAM*
I loaded my prior save (which was a while ago) and redid it until I figured out what I was doing wrong.

You and about 10,000 other people, amirite? Can't keep going through that game without loading prior save and waiting through that whole camping cut scene so you get another shot at it.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »

Chrono Trigger
Lucca's mom

You and about 10,000 other people, amirite? Can't keep going through that game without loading prior save and waiting through that whole camping cut scene so you get another shot at it.

As a kid, failing that was pretty traumatizing.  There's another similar sequence in Robo's character chapter when you go to the second factory near the end of the game.  Some fella is sort of lying on a conveyor belt, and when his body passes into a machine part, you hear a scream, and what must be soylent green comes out the other end... fucken hell, I hated that too, I always run through that room *fast*.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 11:53:41 PM »

I'm really a big wimp when it comes to things like this. I'm a compulsive saver, and I have at least 3-5 saves going in any game, so if I make a decision I regret and can potentially take back, I reload and redo it. There's been a few exceptions, like the one I mentioned above.

Oh and 1 more

Mass Effect 3 Ending

Code:
The Destroy ending. It means killing EDI and Legion and all the Geth, but I felt like it was the best choice. And not just because of the tease at the end when you have enough readiness.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: