Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:49:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319242 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Remorse for things you did or failed to do in games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Remorse for things you did or failed to do in games  (Read 1426 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »

WRPGs
For thinking they're hilarious looking right off the bat.  Which is pretty goddamn ironic if I side more with JRPGs (which can be equally "hilarious" looking for different reasons... For example: Infamous versus Eternal Sonata.  I wanna make fun of Cole every minute for being a grunge-punk, Batman-lung-cancer-wannabe with super static powers.... but Eternal Sonata takes place in Anime-Chopin's death dream...and deals with his sister in some time-loop[?] in that dream[?] and _______????_____??).  But this argument is old.  I've been getting into quite a few lately too.

Your description of the main character in Infamous is one of the funniest I've read in a while.  On a related note I've noticed that you seem to have pretty well developed tastes in regards to the art style of games and this combo makes me think that I may be giving Infamous a skip for a while in spite of hearing from other quarters how OHMYGODZTOTALLY AWESOME it is.  Hopefully that won't end up on my regrets list in a couple of years.

EDIT:  This reminds me, one regret I have is that I didn't thoroughly explore the three bit platformer series of last generation (Jak/Sly/Ratchet) as thoroughly as I could have in spite of being aware of them.  That two of the three developers have jumped from platformers to third person action/adventure games (Infamous and Uncharted) makes me pretty sad and does not seem likely to change soon.  On the other hand the Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time demo is pretty solid so I'm happy to see that another company is picking up the torch in the case of that series.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:04:57 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:35 AM »

Thanks to an LP that started back when forum lurkers were still on :frogout: I was reminded of something I regret.

Code:
Playing Beyond the Beyond.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »

Thanks to an LP that started back when forum lurkers were still on :frogout: I was reminded of something I regret.

Code:
Playing Beyond the Beyond.

Aw come on, I liked that game. It's pretty much Golden Sun haha.

Also, InFamous was fun as hell. So was the second one.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 08:56:39 PM »

Golden Sun is the serie with the most backtracking I've ever seen.
It's like there's this designer somewhere getting sexual satisfaction out of making you walk back to every town you've been to after every single dungeon.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »

I've failed at pretty much everything I've cared about, in life and in gaming. I don't know if I really have remorse anymore.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 11:30:28 PM »

Count me among the people who failed to save Lucca's mother and failed to wait for Shadow on the Floating Continent.  And felt AWFUL. 

I'm also a (sort of notorious amongst my gamer friends) theorycrafter, who writes detailed builds for characters in RPGs like Diablo or Torchlight (esp. Diablo II) and then maybe quits after I get to level 50.  Or, you know, level 5.  If I'm having second thoughts about where I spent my first few points, then I panic and start anew.  I'm finicky. 

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 03:38:45 AM »

It's like there's this designer somewhere getting sexual satisfaction out of making you walk back to every town you've been to after every single dungeon.

And if it isn't the endless backtracking, it's the endless walls of text which also have a severe tendency to endlessly backtrack upon itself.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »

Katawa Shoujo
Hanako's path - Good end
After you finally meet her again and talk about the time you had sex (which I thought was mutual), you learn that you pretty forced yourself on her and she just let you have your way because she thought that if you had sex with her you'd start to see her as a normal person.

I did that recently, actually.
Code:
For me it was a "told you so" moment, since she seemed to me like she was hesitant, and figured they should cuddle. But instead of that, I (or a part of me regrets falling for Lilly because even its good end made me depressed.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »

And if it isn't the endless backtracking, it's the endless walls of text which also have a severe tendency to endlessly backtrack upon itself.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about Golden Sun, not modern Zelda :D

/trollface

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »

I sold my copy of Devil May Cry... and I don't really want to buy the HD Collection because I only want DMC1.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about Golden Sun, not modern Zelda :D

/trollface

Don't start talking about Zelda. Once it begins, it never stops. :(
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 06:03:33 PM »

I love awkward zombie
http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=073012
http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=031510
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:22:40 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: