Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 09:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335303 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Black Friday.. or "almost black" thursday? Game deals....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Black Friday.. or "almost black" thursday? Game deals....  (Read 1170 times)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 22, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »

So, I don't do much aside from play games and work..... actually I don't do anything else... and while I know some of the best deals for holiday shopping can all be taken advantage of online, I love indulging myself in a little real life mass-madness come black friday....

For any other masochists who enjoy the economic/consumer depravity of this disgusting event, such as myself, I came across this little list of the deals....

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331277

To Highlight something I noticed quickly..... apparently a lot of the game specific deals at wal-mart are not revealed until scanned for purchase.... so don't let that price tag of 59.99 fool you.... X-Com truly is 25 bucks at 8pm tonite :)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:41:58 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:29:02 PM »

I compiled an RPG-specific list but for myself, I actually only jumped on Dishonored ($25 on Amazon + shipping.. cheaper than any Canadian deals for it :)). All I can afford atm, but there's some great deals this weekend. I wish I could get the AC Liberation Vita bundle for $200 though, that would be awesome.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 02:42:14 AM »

Except for "legacy PS2/PS1" games I'm not buying any more current gen shit until this year is over AND I beat at least 75% of what I have
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

Modern consoles need HD TVs. HD TVs are too big for my apartment and have input lag. So yeah.

otoh gog.com had some black friday sales. I bought the Geneforge. I bought ALL the Geneforge. And other things.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »

Just grabbed the AC Playstation Vita Bundle on Amazon for $179 just a few minutes ago. It just started and is supposed to last all day, but it might go quick...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »

Yeah it lasted like 15 mins.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 07:17:24 PM »

You made a typo: it's hours, not mins.

EDIT: Ok, NOW it's gone for real.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:27:38 PM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:09:19 PM »

The call of super cheap phones (Samsung Galaxy IIs for less than a buck, not including plans and so on? Hell yeah!) diverted BF attentions from anyplace with even a reasonable deal on gaming technology (PS3 bundle for 250? No thanks.). So once again another year of enjoying my cutting edge Wii and DSi.

Actually this still allows me the option of picking up a cheap used PSP somewhere down the line which was my initial option anyways.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 11:21:18 PM »

You made a typo: it's hours, not mins.

EDIT: Ok, NOW it's gone for real.

It actually did disappear after a few minutes... and come back later, apparently.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 12:56:51 AM »

Amazon briefly had Red Dead Redemption GOTY listed at $15 but that disappeared pretty quickly.  I did, however, manage to snag the God of War Saga Collection from Amazon for $15.  (The offer is still up.)  It's listed as shipping in 2-4 weeks, but really, who cares?  I have plenty of games to work on until then.  Besides that, it gave me an excuse to order Fallout 3 GOTY to crank the order price up over the $25 mark.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »

RDR actually lingered for quite awhile, long enough for Gran Turismo 5 XL to become $10 again so I could get free shipping anyway. I actually haven't been able to get into a Gran Turismo before, but I figure I'll give it another shot, and if I can't I believe I can trade it in for the same price as I bought it and give up for good.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 12:20:47 AM by Eusis » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:23:50 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2012/11/rumor-3ds-price-to-drop-to-140

Boy, if this proves true then I'm glad I got ignored held off on making a purchase on Friday.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »

Boy, if this proves true then I'm glad I got ignored held off on making a purchase on Friday.

And I bought one just three weeks ago. The charge is still on my credit card ><.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 04:35:58 PM »

Yeah, I'm all over the XL bundle with Mario Kart if true.  Figure I might as well go for the XL, better battery life and all.

Just grabbed the AC Playstation Vita Bundle on Amazon for $179 just a few minutes ago. It just started and is supposed to last all day, but it might go quick...

I saw it and could have bought it.  Kinda regret not doing so.  If you count in the PS+ 6 free games, that's a lot of free games.  Sucks the memory card that came with it was the smallest one and wouldn't hold very much more than 1 of those games, but still. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: