Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 01:38:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327153 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 172487 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1065 on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:53 PM »

Holy shit, giant Vikings.  This new expansion already beats the shit out of TBC.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1066 on: November 30, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »

Holy shit, giant Vikings.  This new expansion already beats the shit out of TBC.

Clearly you are undervaluing the awesomeness that was the space berries.  ;) 

Anyway, I ended up dumping my horde DK/characters to go play a human DK on an old server because playing a game with like 2000 people on your faction kind of stinks.  Man though, DKs just have way too many useful talents. :(
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:22:08 PM by Ryos » Logged

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1067 on: December 03, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »

This is not a double post.  Anyway, checked out paladins and boy has the class changed.  I never thought I'd say this but ret is amazing!  Even with my crappy mostly blue set I am mowing down 5+ level mobs in half a minute, equal level mobs in 5ish seconds.  I was dishing out so much dps I had to stop using seal of blood because I lost all my health from it even with divine storm and instant flashes of light.

Edit:  You can't edit posts with a cell phone. >_>

I figure I should be able to update a few of these pieces pretty soon.  Or I sure hope so.  Either way, I sure won't be leveling with any other spec, that's for sure.  Prot just isn't near as good even with AOEing now (which ret can do basically just as well with divine storm).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&n=Calantha
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 04:46:54 PM by Ryos » Logged

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1068 on: December 03, 2008, 06:02:22 PM »

Ding 80.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Aerim

Need new daggers, but the PvP set is sexy.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1069 on: December 03, 2008, 06:18:46 PM »

Oh, I hit 70 the other day.  I forgot to share that. :P  Five and a half days played, which is just slightly more than half the time it took me to get my old Dark Iron paladin to SIXTY. :P

I've come around a bit as far as my "fuck Borean Tundra" stance goes.  I still don't like it as much as Howling Fjord, but it has assloads of easy quests to do.  That zone just needs some color...and that awesome uilleann pipe music from Howling Fjord wouldn't hurt things either. :P

Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1070 on: December 06, 2008, 04:58:10 PM »

Hit 80 today on my pally. Blew a bunch of money on the 78 Blacksmithing tanking set, because it's looking like I might go prot. Not a solid decision yet, but no matter what it'll be useful if I ever change my mind.

What do you guys think, prot or lolret?
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1071 on: December 06, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »

Well, tanks are always in demand.  Then again, it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy tanking.  Even though I enjoy the prot tree, I quickly found out that I'm not that sort of person.  So basically, the only person who can answer that question is you. :P

In other news, because Dade wanted to see it, here's my current UI.  The orbs look cool, but I'm not sure I'll think that after a few weeks of usage. :P

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1072 on: December 06, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »

Speaking of always in demand, of my 3 parties I've been in since the expansion hit, I've tanked all 3 (two of those instances had two DKs, the other had two druids).  This of course being in ret, the uber tanking spec.   (...)

Anyway, although ret's really awesome now (I just hit 71 with my paladin and hot darn with divine plea it's impossible to go OOM), it's not hard to find DPSers.  Finding people who are willing to tank (primarily in my case) or heal are another story.  Fortunately, at 50 gold a respec it isn't too bad to swap out, though I can't wait for the stupid dual spec to be implemented.

Edit:  May have already been brought up, but I find it amusing there's a statistic being tracked for how many times Hogger killed you.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:26:55 PM by Ryos » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1073 on: December 07, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »

Leveling up I found it difficult to find a healer.  Eventually I just starting healing instances even though I was shadow because it was simply easier than finding a real healer.

At 80, I now struggle to find a tank... and when I do find a tank, it's usually some retard still wearing his awesome kara epics.  /facepalm. 

As a Paladin you can't really go wrong.  They're great tanks.  I love ret DPS because replenishment still is nice to have when you have a big mana pool and Blessing of Wisdom is always a great addition.  Holy is still good, but not as good in 5 mans as other classes perhaps.  They still do quite well in raids due to them usually not running out of mana, which is why I'm really against them having an aoe heal because of the "problems" in 5 mans.  Some folks are pitching out an idea for an aoe heal that is like a splash effect or something would perhaps be alright but it risks being either trivial or overpowered.  It looks like they probably will do nothing and just nerf the encounters and nerf circle of healing and wild growth. 

My server is starting to suck -- mainly because of the lag.  Our raid ended early due to the instance being too laggy (others on the server have had the same problem, others don't.  I don't know what's up).  It's just too annoying to try and do some of the fights when you're getting 3ish seconds of server lag (Thaddius is what we were doing.. and the lag is literally killing everyone).  I feel like Blizzard has laid off a ton of CSRs just for the fact putting in a ticket about it takes over an hour to get a response.  Either that, or there's just a huge volume of tickets being put out.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:23:10 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1074 on: December 07, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »

I feel like Blizzard has laid off a ton of CSRs just for the fact putting in a ticket about it takes over an hour to get a response.  Either that, or there's just a huge volume of tickets being put out.

It's probably a combination of the two.  They probably let some people go because there wasn't as much of a need for responses, but now that the game's back, the volume of tickets is overwhelming the staff.  Just a wild guess, but that's how most companies work.  Speaking of which, sitting on hold for half an hour to talk to a rep on the phone is good times. :|

Our server doesn't have any problem but then I don't think anyone plays on my server either, considering DKs pretty much outnumber every other active character by almost 50% for the next closest (hunters of course).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 05:41:07 PM by Ryos » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1075 on: December 07, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »

I feel like Blizzard has laid off a ton of CSRs just for the fact putting in a ticket about it takes over an hour to get a response.  Either that, or there's just a huge volume of tickets being put out.

Our server doesn't have any problem but then I don't think anyone plays on my server either, considering DKs pretty much outnumber every other active character by almost 50% for the next closest (hunters of course).

Hunters are good DPS at least (for now).  DKs are a mixed bag.  I feel like most I play with, tend to grab aggro too much or just play them wrong.  Thankfully they wear plate and can take a few hits.

I logged on tonight just to check mail and surprise, we were going to try Malygos.  We ended up getting him down after 5 or 6 tries (never really tried him before this) and to our surprise, got the pretty rare blue drake mount.  I didn't win the roll, but it was a kind of ugly mount anyway (the 25 man one looks badass though).  Did get the Champion of the Frozen Wastes title though.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1076 on: December 08, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »

I feel like most I play with, tend to grab aggro too much or just play them wrong.  Thankfully they wear plate and can take a few hits.

Yeah, my group with two death knights and a warrior with my ret paladin tanking was...interesting.  There was an unholy DK who insisted on pulling aggro every 10 seconds or so by spamming death and decay (um...high aggro ability hello?) and all his other abilities.  And one of them wore two pieces of spirit/spell damage gear for, uh, some reason.  I think the best part of the instance was when I said I was going to LOS a pull, went around the corner, and saw that my brilliant cohorts were fighting the mobs in the middle of the room.  Nice.  Needless to say that run didn't turn out well in the end, but at least I got an awesome healing plate upgrade out of the ordeal.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1077 on: December 08, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

I hit 80 on my DK over the weekend, army of the dead is pretty awesome...if you're the tank. Man, throwing that shit down when no one knows it's coming screws everything up since you have like 8 ghouls all taunt. they do a good amount of damage though so it can help especially if the tank goes down.

So far I've been good at not pulling aggro from the tank, so either I'm really shitty (which my damage meter says I'm at least doing well compared to everyone else :P),  or I'm playing with some good tanks. More often then not I'm actually tanking and I'm doing okay at it with not really a lot of tanking gear, obviously I'm not doing as well as someone with good tank gear and without self-heals I'd be kinda screwed but I'm actually starting to put together some tanking gear because the great thing about DK tanking is I'm essentially not doing anything different, which is another reason I'm not doing great but I'm looking at some of my abilities for more tanking potential. I definitely don't want to respec though, right now I'm 3/11/57

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1078 on: December 08, 2008, 07:10:38 PM »

Well fuck.  Seven quests away from getting the Howling Fjord questing achievement and I can't find an exclamation point anywhere. :P

Anyway, I hit 73, managed to build my epic engineering flyer, and am in the process of saving up cash to actually fly the fucking thing.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1079 on: December 08, 2008, 09:22:07 PM »

That doesn't get better, really Grizzly Hills and Zul'drak and the only places I didn't have issues getting the achievements, Dragonblight was a pain in the ass until I realized I missed a whole village on the coast :P

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: