Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 05:31:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 176758 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1080 on: December 09, 2008, 03:06:46 AM »

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Aerim

I am for phat epix dagger now.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: December 09, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »

I feel like most I play with, tend to grab aggro too much or just play them wrong.  Thankfully they wear plate and can take a few hits.
And one of them wore two pieces of spirit/spell damage gear for, uh, some reason.  I think the best part of the instance was when I said I was going to LOS a pull, went around the corner, and saw that my brilliant cohorts were fighting the mobs in the middle of the room.  Nice.  Needless to say that run didn't turn out well in the end, but at least I got an awesome healing plate upgrade out of the ordeal.

Yeah, the spell damage gear is pretty much a dead giveaway that the person is a retard.  Other one is a DK DPS spec who is dual-wielding.  Sure, you could call it a preference thing, but currently it's a very gimped way to play and you won't get the DPS out of it as you would a really nice two-hander.  There is talk that at very high gear levels not currently available, that it may someday be a decent way to play.

Finished 25 man Naxx last night.  Even on heroic, it's not too difficult to mostly fly through in the first week.  Definitely did not do that in Kara when BC first came out.  Regardless, I still had a lot of fun on many bosses and can say it's pretty enjoyable.  My character is close to epicced out already, but needs to replace some of because I don't need so much haste (way too much haste atm.  Trying to replace it with crit). 

Well fuck.  Seven quests away from getting the Howling Fjord questing achievement and I can't find an exclamation point anywhere. :P

There are so many towns in HJ to get quests from... from my memory I can think of 5 separate quest hubs (east coast town, new agamand, snowy village, small UC like place on west coast, and the hub in the center where the big hole is with the flying machines).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: December 09, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »

Is the DK and Paladin replacing Warrior as the main tanks then?  What does that make Warriors?  Im thinking of coming back and as I enjoy playing a Warrior Tank, im curious to see if im screwed or not.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: December 10, 2008, 12:50:30 PM »

Is the DK and Paladin replacing Warrior as the main tanks then?  What does that make Warriors?  Im thinking of coming back and as I enjoy playing a Warrior Tank, im curious to see if im screwed or not.

Nope, tanks are still high in demand.  Right now, DK tanks have shitty mitigation and I've yet to have a heroic group with a DK tank.  Paladins are equal to Warriors in tanking, and they're better than bear tanks as far as I'm concerned (in 5 mans at least).  Though, DK tanking will probably be fixed in the near future to make them more viable (maybe first big content patch) and when dual-specs come in, it's hard to say what will be in demand (my guess the demand will be the same since you don't really want to take a shitty geared tank to a heroic.  Or rather I don't want to).

Your armory brings up a point I keep wondering:  Do you think Blizzard will eventually nerf mongoose like they did to Crusader?  It seems a LOT of people are still using mongoose, whether it be lack of knowledge about the new enchants or just not wanting to cough up the cash for abyss crystals, I don't know.

I PvPed for awhile last night and I gotta say, it's pretty fucking gay right now.  The damage is ridiculous and it's pretty much:
-Healer A joins the fight.
*2 seconds pass*
-Healer A is dead.

I don't completely buy that a full resilience set will fix it either.  I'm betting many arena teams will just forgo a healer and they'll do just fine.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:55:32 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1084 on: December 10, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »

I don't think so - it's a set amount of agility, and the only comparable enchant for rogues (berserker) is TRASH for PvP, since it reduced your own armor in exchange for that attack power.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: December 10, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »

But Crusader is a set amount of strength.  If it wasn't nerfed, it might have been the enchant of choice for fury warriors and enhancement shaman in burning crusade.

I think it's still a possibility that it will get nerfed considering we're talking about Blizzard here.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: December 10, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »

Holy shit, a daily quest involving kidnapping children.  These tuskarr need to join the Horde badly. :P

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: December 10, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »

So quite a number of DK changes coming, many definitely are going to help tanking but the reduction of bone shield and icebound fortitude definitely kinda blows for solo pve, I definitely couldn't do the group quests alone if the changes go live that I can now. Corpse explosion might actually become useful though so that's a fun idea and the reduction of unholy blight from 60 to 40 RP means I'm going to be using it a lot more often.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: December 11, 2008, 06:14:45 PM »

So quite a number of DK changes coming, many definitely are going to help tanking but the reduction of bone shield and icebound fortitude definitely kinda blows for solo pve, I definitely couldn't do the group quests alone if the changes go live that I can now.
  Eh, it sorta depends on how they tweak it, but it sounds like their durability as a whole will improve, making the talents more of a moot point.  At least for me bone shield's pretty much always on cooldown in solo anyway. :p  I personally don't think a tank should be reliant on cooldowns to be remotely capable of taking hits.  Doesn't matter how much threat you can put out if you're taking a ridiculous amount of damage.  Ret paladins and all that you know. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: December 11, 2008, 08:02:50 PM »

ya, in general it won't reduce damage by as much but it will even out the damage the class receives, I definitely noticed once IBF and BS were gone damage kinda went a little overboard and until healers get used to DKs tanking it will probably catch them by surprise. Lichborne helps a bit but it's on a 3 minute cooldown so it's an iffy thing to fall back on

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: December 12, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »

I saw the patch changes and I can't believe how much they're nerfing priests.  I'm fine with the CoH changes.  This could eventually lead to challenges in the future being more interesting, but I'm probably being too hopeful since it is blizzard we're talking about.  But what I don't understand is that they're nerfing priest pvp situation.  We already get taken down in a couple seconds, why the fuck would you nerf it further?  Ridiculous. 

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: December 12, 2008, 05:03:17 PM »

Speaking of weird changes, why are paladins getting another taunt?  If they're prot they shouldn't be losing aggro and if they're tanking as some other spec they shouldn't be anyway.  The JoW change stinks but already knew about that, and the sacred duty change is of course ftw. 

Edit: hmm, it seems like the damage portion of the taunt works anywhere, so it's going to be a nice pulling move regardless of spec.  I'm sure there will be some pvp pluses to that as well.  This seems to kind of defeat the original weakness of the class though (no ranged), but whatever.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:46:29 PM by Ryos » Logged

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: December 16, 2008, 02:06:49 AM »

Speaking of weird changes, why are paladins getting another taunt?

The current taunt has a big weakness that's really showing in nax. The mandatory takes everything off a player causes problems. Four horsemen, the tanks have taunt to switch horsemen for example. If I'm tanking on my druid I'll have to specifically wait for a paladin to taunt first. If I taunt, then he taunts he takes BOTH mobs off me. If you have two pally tanks they literally CAN'T do it without having a dps warrior/dk/druid taunting first to setup for them. Or if you're on add duty on grobbulus. He drops a slime that should be offtanked. A pally can't taunt it, because if he does he takes the boss too. He has to pick it up without taunting, which can be harder than it sounds if it spawns on top of a consecrate or gets hit with a bears inadvertent glyphed maul.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: December 16, 2008, 05:55:08 PM »

Interesting.  I guess that oversight makes sense considering when Nax was originally put in, no one seriously used paladin tanks.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: December 18, 2008, 05:24:32 PM »

Paladins nor Druids were viable tanks back in vanilla wow.

Not to mention the 4pc warrior t3 bonus was practically mandatory for the 4 horsemen fight back in the day (in addition to about 8 tanks).  It's no surprise that it was one of the biggest doable stumbling blocks in the history of wow.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: