Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:40:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327437 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 75 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 172710 times)
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:19:40 AM »

We need a thread for everyone to brag about their stupid epics, or talk about the latest nerf to Rogues and Paladins. This is that thread. Every other thread winds down into general discussion, so here we are.

I'll get the ball rolling by saying:

GENERAL RAJAXX IS A FUCKING GAY ASSHOLE
PROPHET SKERAM IS A WIMPY GAY ASSHOLE
RAGNAROS IS A FLOPPY EPIC PINATA
MY ROGUE KICKS YOUR DAD'S ASS

Go.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:22:02 AM »

MMORPGs suck.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:35:09 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that the economy on Shattered Hand is the most horrid blasphemy of an MMO economy that has ever existed or will exist in the future.

You can tell the marketplace is dominated by thousands of 60s and five times the number of twinks, because EVERYTHING is expensive as all hell.  I haven't completely tested my "twinks are fucking up everything" theory, but here's an example for comparison's sake:

As a budding herbalist, at just enough skill to harvest briarthorn regularly, I was able to gather a stack of swiftthistle and sell it for fifteen gold.  Easily.  It was gone nearly as soon as I put it up.  That sounds like it would be awesome at first, but every single other item on the AH is priced just as high, if not higher.  It's no trouble for someone to buy expensive shit for their alt, but it sucks for those of us just starting out.

Compare that to the character I started last night on Dark Iron.  I took a look on the AH there, and prices were far more rational.  Stacks of swiftthorn were going on an average of three to four gold.  Everything was far cheaper, far more...normal. :P  I'm gonna hop on Shadowsong tonight to do another comparison, but so far I can only conclude that Shattered Hand's economy is on the verge of being broken for a new player.

So yeah, that's what I've been doing mainly:  bitching about money to anyone who will listen. :P

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:14:16 AM »

I got Dragonstalker's Helm from Ony along with my Ancient Petrified Leaf from Majordomo, so I'm working on killing the 4 demons for my epic bow.  Downed the one in Burning Steppes on my second or third try, I would've had him down easier if some fucktard Horde Rogue hadn't run up and attacked the demon making him despawn.  Waste of 3 hours that night was.

Going to down the Un'goro Demon once the servers come back up, shouldn't be a problem, probably the easiest of the 4 demons.  Next up is Silithus, the hardest imo and then I'll finish it off with the Winterspring demon.  Hopefully all this will be done by Friday.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:21:16 PM »

I just came to the realization a few days ago that I hate one thing above all else in MMOs....game economy. Get this:

I'm farming all kinds of leather right now for some cash. I put five stacks of light leather up on the auction house for like 30s a stack. I get a tell from a dude saying thanks, I reply "no prob dude." And off I go....i check back a little later in the day and the fucker who bought it HAS FIVE STACKS OF LIGHT LEATHER IN THE AH FOR ONE GOLD A FUCKING PIECE. And guess what? The way things are going I would not be surprised if he fucking bought them.

Fuck this economy in WoW. Who the fuck sells a DEMON BAND http://www.thottbot.com/?i=3604 FOR 20g?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »

Yay bitching thread!. Recently I switched mains from Rogue to Warrior, reason being that Rogues are over populated, mostly by teenage arseholes who couldn't hold a conversation with Paris Hilton let alone play their class right. So, yeah Warrior, recently acquired:

Helm of Might
Bracers of Might
Guantlets of Might
Medallion of steadfast Might
Belt of Wrath
Claw of the blake Drake
Drillborer Disk.

But... I'm sick shit of WoW atm, until the next patch atleast, reason being is it feels like a second job currently with all the god damn raiding we do. mon-fri BWL and MC from 18:00 - 23:00 Sat and Sun AQ from 16:00 - 23:00... got damnit I like to play games when I feel like it, nothing worse when you feel cornered into playing a game even though you just wanna chill and watch some T.V.

Ofc, if I dont go it means I loose my raid spot for every other event, so yeah basically sevens nights a week stuck in some elites face spamming sunder armour.... LALALA great fun!

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:06:43 PM »

Fuck this economy in WoW. Who the fuck sells a DEMON BAND http://www.thottbot.com/?i=3604 FOR 20g?

Items around levels 17-19 and 27-29, especially rings and necklaces, are big on the PvP twinks who play characters that do nothing but PvP all day and all night.  My dad has over 500g just by buying Falcon's Hooks at 2g or less and selling them for 7-10g.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 04:08:33 PM »

Quote from: "Starbreaker"
Yay bitching thread!. Recently I switched mains from Rogue to Warrior, reason being that Rogues are over populated, mostly by teenage arseholes who couldn't hold a conversation with Paris Hilton let alone play their class right. So, yeah Warrior, recently acquired:

Warrior is the new Rogue on my server. :P
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »

I have another Nyx run tomorrow.  Hoping for the Bloodfang Hood - I have the most DKP of any Rogue for headpieces, so it's mine if it drops!

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 04:45:01 PM »

My guild's going through a bit of drama right now over some kid getting mad about comments from other guild members about him.  I thought horde didn't have drama. :(  We also finally split from the alliance we were using, meaning we're just a plain old endgame raid instance accomplished guild, but without the elitist faggotry of specifically targeted endgame raid instance guilds.  I'm kind of happy about it, didn't really like the guys we were allying with (such as a crappy warrior tank who insisted druids can't tank, etc.)...

Oh, and nerf paladins. :p

I am immensely amused at all the droods who think the class will be worthless after 1.10.

Anyways, just some random comments from someone who isn't playing the game at the moment but still follow the events way too closely.  I hate this game. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"

farmers.

they always seem to sell shit at the most insane prices.

herbs go for insane prices on my server too.  i believe a stack of firebloom goes for 20g.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 02:35:30 AM »

Quote from: "Ryos"

Oh, and nerf paladins. :p

Having spent QUITE a bit of time PVPing and playing with some of the best-geared Pallies on the server (including one with Ashkandi and full judgement, and one with Thunderfury), I can safely say that paladins are not underpowered like everyone wants to believe. Hell fucking no. When I see a JoC crit for like 1500 after a 1300+ SoC Crit and a similar white-damage crit done on a regular basis, that's massive. The boosts to Righteousness will help mitigate some of the 'randomness' factor to their damage in PVP too? I dunno.

But I've never seen Zetapaladin lose to any-fucking-thing one on one, EVER :P
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 08:09:29 AM »

To be honest with ya, the economy on Shattered Hand is so perfect right now. Why? Because your gear at 25 means absolutely nothing since you'll replace it in a week. Your gear at 55? Far more important and since most people keep their twinks at 19-29, the items at levels 45-60 are relatively cheap. What does that mean? You can easily farm with your level 60 in Gnomeregan or Scarlet monestary and make good pocket.

I really don't see the point in buying all the best stuff at level 25 if you plan on leveling all the way.

As for accomplishments...

I'm 7/8 Nightslater now.
I have Bloodfang hood and belt.
I have onyxia Scale Pendent.
Cloak of the Shrouded Mist.
Claw of the Black Drake.
Vis'Kag.
Brutality Blade.
Strikers Mark.
Maelstrom and Heroism Cards.
And the set rings from ZG.
I'm 3 slots away from being geared in epics.

I'm looking to get the Nightslayer boots and the Bloodfang Boots. I'm pretty sure I'll get them next time they drop. I also want the Bloodfang Shoulders because they look sick on Night Elf females.

As for rings, I'm thinking Don Julio's and Quick Strike.

My guild is up to the last boss of AQ20, but best we've done is 19%. Haven't tried AQ40 yet because we want to finish BWL first. Only Nef to go.

Anyway, sounds like people are about ready to leave Shattered Hand, kinda makes me sad, but you play the game for fun and if you're not having fun on Shattered Hand, moving to another server only makes sense.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »

Quote from: "Kiem"
. Only Nef to go.

Join the club, phase 2 is a bitch.

Baron von Amerika

Baronvonamerika
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 01:08:30 PM »