Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:50:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 177253 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2006, 12:29:36 AM »

Gotta love tanks dual wielding axes.  Gotta love healers who seem to think they can heal in a bear shape.  Gotta love hunters who multishot every time and wonder why they keep getting aggro.  Gotta love a paladin who got stuck with a bunch of fucktards.

Fuck Gnomer in its green midget ass. :P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2006, 12:45:53 AM »

I would've tanked for you had I not been in MC on my main.

On the other side of the coin, I finally got my NS belt.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2006, 03:56:14 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
Gotta love tanks dual wielding axes.  Gotta love healers who seem to think they can heal in a bear shape.  Gotta love hunters who multishot every time and wonder why they keep getting aggro.  Gotta love a paladin who got stuck with a bunch of fucktards.

You know, the more I play this game, the more I think everyone who plays it is a complete freaking retard. :P  I went through BRD on a guild run (yeah, no PUG) to finally complete my saving the princess quest as the only healer on my druid (my first clue I should have bailed, but heh) and both warriors tanked with 2H, and we had a kamikaze 56 mage who apparently thought that he should nuke until he dies.  Ironically, the only person who seemed to know wtf was going on was an unguilded 60 mage the "MT" knew.  Probably the most fun part was the MT always, and I mean ALWAYS, charging into the fray when I just sit down to drink.  While I mostly was able to jump back up and heal his ass before he died, on one occasion he was getting chopped down so quickly (since he was tanking with a 2H and in the room before the 7 dwarves) I couldn't pull enough healing out of my ass to keep him going.  I finally said, "Go when I'm OOM and you're going to die."  56 mage apparently thought sheeping only works when you're 60, as he didn't bother trying to CC shit the entire run.

Eventually we ended up having to 4 man everything after Lyceum and up to the emperor because kamikaze mage, after dying right at the end of lyceum (...)  went and decided to aggro an entire group of mobs after the next boss.  Yeah, I'll let you think how that turned out.

Now at this point you might be thinking, "lolz you guys are screwed when you hit the emperor."  Surprisingly, we survived.  I was completely OOM, had to burn innervate, and had to use a major mana potion because our gimpass tanks both used 2H (now why the freaking offtank on the princess wasn't throwing on a shield when she wasn't going to die I dunno, oh well), but we survived.

I also got exalted with AD, which got me majorly pissed over the course of it because a priest who killed like 10 mobs in the area I farmed for like 80 hours got a Krol's Blade and decided to tell me about it.  I was not amused.

I'm so fricking ready to play my paladin. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2006, 06:33:37 AM »

I just love how this game can be so frustrating and so awesome at the same time. Yesterday me and a guildmate joined up with some randoms and travelled into Scholomance. The group consisted of me (priest), my guildmate (hunter), a pretty good warrior and two morons in the shapes of a rogue and a paladin. The rogue was in a big raiding guild, and refused to follow the lead of others. He would constantly attack mobs other than the desinated target, break shackle etc. The paladin, on the other hand, was about 8 year old and had great trouble understanding basic english. No matter how many times we would tell him to stay in a corner, he would always follow the puller into the room we were pulling from. And he would bless people with BoW/M even though we asked for other buffs. And so on.

Yet, despite this, we managed to work our way through Scholo pretty well. Granted, it's not an hard instance, but considerng the group we had I'm surprised we didn't wipe every five minutes. The run took a lot longer than it should (around 3 hours - meh), but we did managed to down all the bosses 'cept for Jandice who we skipped.

And Darkmaster Gandling was kind enough to drop both Devout Crown (which looks incredibly stupid) and Bonecreeper Stylus for me. Good times.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2006, 10:16:04 AM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Quote from: "The Darkrider"

You know, the more I play this game, the more I think everyone who plays it is a complete freaking retard.

WoW proves darwinism wrong.

As for gnomer, i always hated running that.  It was easy until you got to the part with the dark iron dwarves.  Most groups never get all the bombs disabled.

Lately i've been playing some WSG wiith my mage.  I thought, hey -- it's a good time to get to friendly since i'm almost there.  WRONG.  Let this picture sum up most of the games I was in:

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/5430/wowscrnshot090906002644xrz7.jpg

Fuck Alliance.  Strangely I have not been in a game yet where Horde does it.  But i'm sure it happens.  and a big fuck you to blizzard for not fixing this since 1.12.

both warriors tanked with 2H, and we had a kamikaze 56 mage who apparently thought that he should nuke until he dies. Ironically, the only person who seemed to know wtf was going on was an unguilded 60 mage the "MT" knew. Probably the most fun part was the MT always, and I mean ALWAYS, charging into the fray when I just sit down to drink.

that sucks... did you tell them to put on a shield and they just didn't listen?  if they are that stupid then they're probably one of those warriors who soloed to 60 and never did the quest for defensive stance.

depending on how bad the pull was when they charged, i would have just kept drinking and letting them die.  it's counter productive but damnit when the healer is drinking let him drink.

I just love how this game can be so frustrating and so awesome at the same time. Yesterday me and a guildmate joined up with some randoms and travelled into Scholomance. The group consisted of me (priest), my guildmate (hunter), a pretty good warrior and two morons in the shapes of a rogue and a paladin. The rogue was in a big raiding guild, and refused to follow the lead of others. He would constantly attack mobs other than the desinated target, break shackle etc. The paladin, on the other hand, was about 8 year old and had great trouble understanding basic english. No matter how many times we would tell him to stay in a corner, he would always follow the puller into the room we were pulling from. And he would bless people with BoW/M even though we asked for other buffs. And so on.

I love how people (the rogue) think that just because their in a raid group that makes them awesome or something.  I really hate hearing about horrid group stories.  Makes me lose faith in the populace (in wow).

As for horrid group stories, I have one of recently.  It's not that theese guys were complete morons... the group makeup just fucking sucked.  I don't know what convinces people to try and do an instance with a really crappy group.  The group consisted of:

1 x Resto druid tank (lol)
2 x Elemental Shaman who aggroed like mad
1 x rogue who couldn't out dps a fly.  the 60 rogue was still using the SM sword.
1 x priest who is shadow specced for soloing and is rusty from not playing his priest often.

We wiped about 7 times on the way to Jandice and didn't even kill her.  I'd cast flash heal only to get aggro of multiple enemies.  It sucked.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: September 09, 2006, 09:07:12 PM »

I'm always a little irritated when I hear about the stigma towards two-hand tanking lower instances.  I definitely went through most of my instance career healing tanks in Berserker Stance with two-handers.  It's not hard.

I mean, if you want four hour WC runs, sure, have the tank slap on a sword and shield, but a two-hand tank can easily put out 30%+ of a group's damage even with very well-geared Mages putting out AoE as well.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2006, 11:40:13 PM »

BRD isn't that low...

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: September 10, 2006, 12:25:37 AM »

Quote from: "Rico"
I'm always a little irritated when I hear about the stigma towards two-hand tanking lower instances.  I definitely went through most of my instance career healing tanks in Berserker Stance with two-handers.  It's not hard.

I mean, if you want four hour WC runs, sure, have the tank slap on a sword and shield, but a two-hand tank can easily put out 30%+ of a group's damage even with very well-geared Mages putting out AoE as well.

My main beef is centered more around the fact I know that I can easily outtank some guy with a 2H who sure puts out double the damage but also takes double the damage without the benefit of a shield for extra damage mitigation (and added benefits such as revenge).  So yeah, we get done 50% faster (maybe).  On the other hand, a warrior in 2H is going to have maybe 6k armor (and that's probably on the higher end).  Parry helps somewhat, but when I've got 13.4k armor in my tanking gear, pfft, there's no comparison.

I wouldn't have so much of an issue if the warriors would have thrown up a sword and board for the parts of the instance where there's very high burst damage (such as the emperor), but these guys were in perma2H, even after multiple times of being close to death.  A shaman with a shield would have better mitigation than that.  A shaman.  Tanks are there to take damage, not to get high on the damagemeters.  If the party isn't getting mauled a tank could be dishing out 3% of the damage and I wouldn't care since it's a smooth ride.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: September 10, 2006, 03:13:42 AM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Tanks are there to take damage, not to get high on the damagemeters.  If the party isn't getting mauled a tank could be dishing out 3% of the damage and I wouldn't care since it's a smooth ride.

THANK YOU.......

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: September 10, 2006, 12:33:34 PM »

Oh, please.  I was on a 7-man UBRS with a two-hand tank back before +healing itemization even existed save on greens.  If the tank can't hold aggro doing it that's one thing, but if you're complaining about the incoming damage to him being unhealable, that's another thing all together.

Two-hand tanking is actually a better aggro-holding technique in multiple scenarios in earlier instances.  Just because you have the luxury of post-1.8 Swipe in a high-mitigation form doesn't make you the tanking bees-knees.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2006, 01:42:23 AM »

Twin Emps down.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2006, 05:09:56 AM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Twin Emps down.

Gz mate, nice hard fight. techincal as hell.

I'm onto my somewhere along the lines of 22th character (not 22th lvl 60 tho :/ ) after playing Alliance with my 60 Rogue and Warrior for 14 months and being as dedicated to the faction as you can I finally had enough of the mentality on show by the majority of Alliance players (atleast in Europe) regarding PvP and the spam of absoloute shite in /1 [General].

So it comes to me to start over on a newly uploaded realm: Lightbringer, where myself and many others have re-rolled to start afresh. My current Orc Warrior is fairing quite well, while still low level (28) the sense of a more 'professional' approach that eminates from the Horde is quite alluring.

Anyways, we've upstarted a new guild and all is well, else where on my Alliance guild we downed (or rather they, I wasn't there) instructor Ravvy last night. Quite an achievement but the guild politics and stress led me to fuck off early, afterall who needs more work when they get home from work...

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: September 11, 2006, 09:21:21 AM »

Twin Emps down.

I was just looking at my realm forums and someone else from our realm killed him at about the same time (you posted about 1-2 hours later than they did).

Are you in <Bloodline> on Garithos?

Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: September 11, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »

Quote from: "Starbreaker"
Twin Emps down.

Gz mate, nice hard fight. techincal as hell.

No kidding.  The really impressive thing about getting Twin Emps down and then on farm is that the fight is so long and the smallest thing can chain into a wipe for any number of reasons.  12-15 minutes of near-perfection is definitely something to crow about.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: September 11, 2006, 02:22:29 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
Twin Emps down.

I was just looking at my realm forums and someone else from our realm killed him at about the same time (you posted about 1-2 hours later than they did).

Are you in <Bloodline> on Garithos?

Nah, Invictis on Cho'Gall.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: