Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:13:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 175665 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2006, 03:26:50 PM »

At this point, the only t2 stuff that's been sharded is the Judgement Helm and Judgement Legplates.  We get tons of Pally loot for some reason.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2006, 07:53:33 PM »

Quote from: "Akanbe-"
God it seems like Druid and Warlock chests always drop.

It's mostly just people hearing something and then selectively ignoring actual loot trends.  For instance, we have a 5.9% drop rate on Nemesis Robes.  Low Druid and Warlock population certainly doesn't help.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2006, 12:00:33 AM »

I run end game with 2 different characters in 2 different guilds and I can definitely agree that drops are not affected by any variables in raid groups.  I have one guild who has had perditions blade drop nearly every other rag (im a hunter and I have it) and in my other, it's considered rare.  One guild with 3 DS chests total, the other with 5 in only 4 kills.

Hunter's guild got Huhuran down to 16% today.  First solid try at her, so that's pretty decent progress.  Experience from my other guild made it fairly easy to lead them and gave me insight on what needed to be fixed.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2006, 12:19:19 AM »

I forgot to mention, the raid that I'm on is far from the top Penny Arcade raid - we're third or fourth in progress, and as a group, it's been an incredibly rapid climb.  Our top group, which is two or three bosses into Naxx, downed C'thun this week, which is fantastic, expecially seeing as Dark Iron came up almost a year after launch.  Grats to them!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
expecially seeing as Dark Iron came up almost a year after launch.  Grats to them!

I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter about how long a realm is up or active for raid progress to be present, The European Guild "Nihilum" has consistantly been first to down all major bosses in WoW even with Europe getting the game some 8 months after the states. Also, I recently left my old Alliance guild on Drak'Thul (full Bloodfang Rogue) to start afresh on a new pvE realm as an orc Warrior. The realm is only 6 weeks old and yet there are already guilds rampaging through MC and BWl, its madness.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2006, 05:52:58 PM »

Quote from: "Starbreaker"
Quote from: "KeeperX"
expecially seeing as Dark Iron came up almost a year after launch.  Grats to them!

I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter about how long a realm is up or active for raid progress to be present, The European Guild "Nihilum" has consistantly been first to down all major bosses in WoW even with Europe getting the game some 8 months after the states. Also, I recently left my old Alliance guild on Drak'Thul (full Bloodfang Rogue) to start afresh on a new pvE realm as an orc Warrior. The realm is only 6 weeks old and yet there are already guilds rampaging through MC and BWl, its madness.

mainly due to the fact that there are incredibly detailed boss strategies out there (like wowwiki for instance) that tell you exactly what to watch out for and what abilities bosses have.

It's mostly just people hearing something and then selectively ignoring actual loot trends. For instance, we have a 5.9% drop rate on Nemesis Robes. Low Druid and Warlock population certainly doesn't help.

This is true, but it must certainly feel that way across all realms otherwise I don't think the little joke would have been put in Nefarian's letter in the AQ Scepter quest (if you don't clear BWL fast enough).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2006, 10:18:19 PM »

mainly due to the fact that there are incredibly detailed boss strategies out there (like wowwiki for instance) that tell you exactly what to watch out for and what abilities bosses have.

Boss strategies don't really help all that much.  There aren't that many bosses where you could get a decent strategy after 1-3 wipes; the primary time consumer in progression is perfecting execution of whichever strategy is decided on.  And, well, I don't think Nihilium was copying strats on their world first Kel'Thuzad kill.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: September 19, 2006, 10:45:23 PM »

Quote from: "Rico"

Boss strategies don't really help all that much.  There aren't that many bosses where you could get a decent strategy after 1-3 wipes; the primary time consumer in progression is perfecting execution of whichever strategy is decided on.  And, well, I don't think Nihilium was copying strats on their world first Kel'Thuzad kill.

ah, sorry.  i didn't mean kel'thuzad, 4 horsemen, or anything like that.  But if you look for MC, BWL, or AQ strats, there are tons of detailed strategies that help a lot.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ragnaros
http://www.wowwiki.com/Razorgore
http://www.wowwiki.com/Anub%27Rekhan

Naxx ones are a little less descriptive since less people have seen it, obviously.

Also i'm not trying to belittle john's or anyone's kill.  Getting 40 people from WoW's playerbase to work together is pretty amazing imo.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2006, 10:54:11 PM »

[quote="AkanbeAlso i'm not trying to belittle john's or anyone's kill.  Getting 40 people from WoW's playerbase to work together is pretty amazing imo.[/quote]

Amen to that.

Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »

Man, the C'thun fight is so incredibly fun, but I do not understand how people can die every attempt to Dark Glare.  It's incredibly slow, and even if he starts off aiming right at you you get a five second warning without any sort of timer mods or anything.

Considering my guild progressed up to him pretty fast and started one-shotting Emps right after the first kill, lag excepted, I'm amazed that we still have members retarded enough to just stand there and eat 50k damage.  I mean, seriously, we're losing 5 people to every Dark Glare.

I know I chained a guy on the first attempt, and then fucked up on repositioning after a Ground Rupture a few attempts later, but man, I'd really thought the retards had been weeded out before.

Ought to make the 25-man roster easy.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2006, 09:22:49 AM »

Quote from: "Rico"
Ought to make the 25-man roster easy.

I think there are a couple of benefits to a 25 man raid and that's definitely one of them.  It'll be much much easier to see who the dead weight is.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2006, 12:56:49 AM »

51 days and nearly 20 hours into my tauren druid I finally get my first caster trinket: http://thottbott.com/?i=53473

Anyway, other than that not a whole lot going on other than farming for my blood knight like a madman.  I farmed materials for 8 fiery enchants (7 of which are for the paladin and one of which is for my 51 shaman) and started a warrior to be a blacksmith mostly for the sharpening stones.  

I'd forgotten just how crappy warriors are at low levels.  It's kind of amusing just how frail they are in mail when say paladins never die.  Heh.  Of course, it probably doesn't help that the only materials I sent my warrior's way are 4 16 slot bags.  I have like 150 healing potions of different strengths on a mule that I suppose I should tap into, considering there isn't really another class as reliant on potions early on.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2006, 09:31:07 AM »

I'm going through my second Warrior now, I have a Nelf Warrior so my Orc is getting all the benefits of have played or leveled one previously. First off, leveling as Fury is alot better than Arms and yes for some people who seem to think, alot better than god damn lvling as Prot. The benefits of Fury should be clear to all of those who venture a look down the Fury tree, Blood craze and Flurry amongst other things, regenerated health upon bein hit bya Crit and increased ATT speed almost make for now down time after lvl 30 and make for a good grinding build.

Anyways you should stick with it Ryos, Warrior becuase something of a (and I don't mean to sound snobish here) Purists class at 60, with the Protection playstyle being almost religeous in execution. I for one prefer it, and I for one prefer being Horde for the moment. If nothing else but to escape the seemingly endless supply of Alliance noobs these days.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2006, 04:58:43 PM »

Yeah, I'm definitely sticking it out with fury.  I figure once I get blood craze that a lot of my current issues will become obsolete.  And I sent myself two stacks of level 12 pots that pretty much fill up my entire life at level 16, so hopefully those will last me until then.  Heh. :P

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: September 25, 2006, 08:37:24 AM »

Glowing Brightwood Staff for my wifes horde Priest. This makes GBS number 2 that I have gotten.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 75 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: