Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 11:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338675 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 178581 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1095 on: December 18, 2008, 10:31:33 PM »

Tell that to Hugehoss.

I remember running into that guy outside of AQ40, while in my full t2.  My sinister strike did THREE HUNDRED damage crit to him.  My mainhand was the second best sword in the game.

Doorids could tank back then.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: December 29, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »

Damn is Death Knight fun.  Im only a bit into the beginning of playing one but its a blast so far.  Exactly the kind of class ive been looking for.  Even if it gets nerfed a bunch or whatever I think im gonna stick with it.  I cannot wait to see what other kinds of heroic classes Blizz comes out with.  If they are as fun as this, well, we are in for great times ahead lol.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: January 01, 2009, 01:00:22 PM »

now if only the rest of the game was good.  PvP is currently a nightmare unless you're a rogue, DK, or Ret.  I'm guessing something will eventually be done since there is massive crying (which is fairly justified) on the forums and they want to do all that srs pvp biznss ESL shit.  Their ignorance is funny sometimes.  They ignored all the beta testers who said damage was out of control saying, "Resilience will fix everything".  Resilience for healers does help a lot, but not nearly enough. It's really not fixing everything and not only that, so many classes are ignoring their pvp sets since it's such a massive DPS loss from PvE gear. 

Funny that's how PvE'ers wanted it all along and yet, due to the nature of the current game, a lot more people than usual seem unhappy about it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: January 01, 2009, 02:19:01 PM »

Resilience may as well be junked.  It was too good when it started (priests being the most durable pvp healer other than druid movement set bonus?  Um what?), now it's back to basically vanilla WoW PVP days.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: January 01, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »

Man, Whale-Stick Harpoon is almost overpowered considering how easy it is to get.  I kinda wish it had strength instead of agility, but I won't complain considering it replaced the blue axe I got out in Borean Tundra. :P

3300 gold to go for epic mount flying.  Somehow, the longer I play, the further away the goal is. :P

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: January 01, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »

Just keep questing and stay away from the AH.  If you're already 80 then I dunno how much that will work since you're probably sick of questing like I was =P

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1101 on: January 01, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »

Resilience may as well be junked.  It was too good when it started (priests being the most durable pvp healer other than druid movement set bonus?  Um what?), now it's back to basically vanilla WoW PVP days.

Yeah, I've got like three PvP pieces - I'm mainly going with PvE stuff with ATP and Crit/Hit.  There's no reason for me to stack resil as a rogue.

On another note, I one-shotted a mage in AB.  I had might and the berserker buff, but I still one-shotted him from full (12.8k damage).

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: January 01, 2009, 08:31:47 PM »

Yeah, I've got like three PvP pieces - I'm mainly going with PvE stuff with ATP and Crit/Hit.  There's no reason for me to stack resil as a rogue.

On another note, I one-shotted a mage in AB.  I had might and the berserker buff, but I still one-shotted him from full (12.8k damage).

Exactly?  Why wear resil gear when you're going to take a huge hit in AP (around 800) and crit (6-8%)?

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: January 06, 2009, 01:37:10 AM »

I hate pugs, wasted my whole morning trying to do roic nexus and found out the healer was still using gear from 70-73, they might have been blues and purples but they could be replaced by 75 easily.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: January 06, 2009, 06:38:48 AM »

I hate pugs, wasted my whole morning trying to do roic nexus and found out the healer was still using gear from 70-73, they might have been blues and purples but they could be replaced by 75 easily.

Something I learned is that you always inspect the gear of a tank and/or healer depending on what you're doing.  If either of those has bad gear, ABORT ABORT ABORT.  While this rarely is not a recipe for disaster, it's just too much of a gamble unless it's an easy instance.  Or you know they're good at it despite the gear (which in a PUG probably isn't the case).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: January 07, 2009, 12:20:04 AM »

Ding 80. :P

Eight and a half days played, which is still a day and a half less than how long it took the Dark Iron paladin to get to 60. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: January 07, 2009, 08:44:38 PM »

Ding 80. :P

Eight and a half days played, which is still a day and a half less than how long it took the Dark Iron paladin to get to 60. :P

YAY, and be stoked, the guild doesnt have any Ret Pallies. Honestly only has four paladins at 80 (not including you) and three of us are prot.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: January 07, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »

Been slowly picking away at Naxx (10 man). Our guild took a quick shot at it monday before it reset, and cleared the Arachnid Quarter, as well as a random assortment of bosses from the other three. Today, we took another shot at it and in about five hours we finished up the arachnid, military, and plague quarters. We've hit a bit of a block with Grobbulus, as we have a laggy hunter who finds it hard to manage the injections. However, our last run we got him to 35% quite easily before the healers went down to a random act of stupid. Friday we will pick up where we left off. I want that fucker dead.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:05 AM »

Something I learned is that you always inspect the gear of a tank and/or healer depending on what you're doing.  If either of those has bad gear, ABORT ABORT ABORT.  While this rarely is not a recipe for disaster, it's just too much of a gamble unless it's an easy instance.  Or you know they're good at it despite the gear (which in a PUG probably isn't the case).

Yep, fuck pugs.  I won't take an undergeared tank to heroics anymore (really, only need badges for the starter pvp gear).  I'm done carrying them through it anymore.  I'm done with Archavon pugs too.  This tuesday I watched a disc-holy priest get fucked over on a pvp piece due to the raids generally idiocy.  The pvp priest chest with crit was defaulted to the shadow priest.  That's so wrong on so many levels since Holy/Disc priests NEED crit too (for fucks sake I started gemming +9 spellpower and +8 crit rating gems after I didn't need regen anymore).  In addition to most priests take 2 pieces of both sets so they can get the +50 resilience bonus twice.

A good rule of thumb is the tank should have 20K health unbuffed if they are a Paladin, Warrior, or Death Knight.  Healers, it's tough to say.  Use your judgment.

Tuesday I got the best helm currently in the game:  http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40562 .  Wrath of the re-used skins.  Geez.  If the lag stops being so shitty, we'll probably do 3-drake Sartharion sometime this week.  I'm crossing mah fingers.

Oh, and our server sucks dick.  Horrible queue times.  Unplayable 25 man raids.  Called it way early tonight and killed some alliance leaders instead due to horrible, horrible lag.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: January 10, 2009, 02:14:45 AM »

From 30 to 10k from 37 in about 5 hours. Ah, the wonders of triple xp.

EDIT: One day later, now at 46.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:09:05 AM by superflat » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: