Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:12:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft OH MY GOD CURRENT EVENTS THREAD  (Read 166038 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: January 16, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »

Well I got hacked.  Checked my computer with multiple scanners, no keylogger found, but regardless.  I need to try and get my stuff back now.  Im angry more about some asshat invading shit than losing wow stuff though.  Guh.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: January 17, 2009, 02:45:06 PM »

That keylogger stuff is getting rather hard to avoid unfortunately.  Although I'm done again I worry sometimes that I'll go to my armory and see everything gone since I know I accidentally hit a keylogger link a while back.  Even Firefox and noscript don't give me confidence on that.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: January 17, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »

Well I got hacked.  Checked my computer with multiple scanners, no keylogger found, but regardless.  I need to try and get my stuff back now.  Im angry more about some asshat invading shit than losing wow stuff though.  Guh.

Did you share your account with anybody perhaps?  I know a few people who got hacked because their idiot friends had keyloggers and they gave said person the information to their account.  Keyloggers are tough to get rid of and scanners often don't find the logger from what I've read, but hope you get things back in order.  Keyloggers really are getting way out of hand. 

You may want to consider getting a Blizzard Authenticator.  They are a flat $6 dollars (no monthly fee, may include shipping - I don't know but they do have free replacements if yours breaks) and they pretty much ensure that you will never get your WoW account hacked.  Depending on what is on your account, it might be worth it to consider  *shrug*

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: January 18, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »

So the last two days I did a run of 10-man Construct Quarter and got Maexxna's Femur  and last night did 25-man Spider, Plague and most of Military Quarter (we were doing the raid for like 6 hours and people were getting tired, we just barely couldn't beat the four horsemen, not bad for our first 25-man shot at it for the guild) and I got Fire-Scorched Greathelm and Legplates of Double Strikes. The item for the T7 shoulders dropped but I already rolled on teh helm so I couldn't roll for the shoulders, I've been drooling over them since I got to Dal. Oh well, they'll drop again.

As it stands I have respec'd to DW with my Death Knight and doing a 0/32/39 spec and it's kicking a fair amount of ass, in Naxx I was doing ~2500 dps, Howling Blast is a godlike move, when they remove the cooldown I'm going to weep I think.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: January 19, 2009, 03:22:11 AM »

Yeah I bought the authenticator, and found out I probably got hacked because for some reason my auto update thing wasnt working, so I was missing service pack 3 and all those updates, so that probably allowed someone a back hole.  And no I havent shared it with any friends, since none of my friends that I hang with play WoW.

However it worked out awesome for me, because I ended up getting my stuff restored, and my one character who had maybe 10g on him got 1159 gold refunded, and the other character didnt even get his gold stolen, and he recieved an extra 498 gold.  So yeah I made out like a bandit haha.

Anyways took a break from my DK to make a Dwarf Paladin.  So far enjoying it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:48 AM »

My Mage is up to 53 now, and I started a Paladin that's up to 20 with some pretty solid gear for the level. Nothing tremendously spectacular, but I'm looking forward to making a Death Knight.

Edit: Level 60 get.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 12:10:12 AM by superflat » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: February 20, 2009, 03:40:44 PM »

a question. if im a fan of spear type weapons what would be the best class to use?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: February 20, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »

a question. if im a fan of spear type weapons what would be the best class to use?

As a whole classes aren't defined by their weapon type and just use the best thing they find. But with that said spears are somewhat uncommon and often their stats are more tailored towards hunters, who just use it for those stats since they're a ranged class. You might find a decent spear now and then that would be good for your two handed fighters(Death knight, arms warrior and retribution paladin), but you'll usually be using a two handed sword, mace or axe since they're more common.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: May 12, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »

I'm bumping this old ass topic just to say that any death knight that uses holy paladin spellpower gear needs to cancel their subscription, get a gun, and then cancel their own existence.  Jesus Christ.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: May 13, 2009, 06:33:31 AM »

I'm bumping this old ass topic just to say that any death knight that uses holy paladin spellpower gear needs to cancel their subscription, get a gun, and then cancel their own existence.  Jesus Christ.

Wow, and I thought the death knights running around in spirit gear were bad.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: