Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 07:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340862 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGz you want HD'd/Remade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: RPGz you want HD'd/Remade  (Read 12103 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

HD port of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Apparently this is one of those famous Japanese games where the original source code was lost.

Which sucks.
It sucks to the max.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »

At least it's not as infuriating as the BBC with classic Doctor Who where they intentionally destroyed a lot of the tapes.

My vote for a remake? Baten Kaitos. The backgrounds are amazing, but oh my goodness do the character models look awful, and the voice acting wasn't great either. Also, rebalancing the battle system would only help.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »

At least it's not as infuriating as the BBC with classic Doctor Who where they intentionally destroyed a lot of the tapes.

My vote for a remake? Baten Kaitos. The backgrounds are amazing, but oh my goodness do the character models look awful, and the voice acting wasn't great either. Also, rebalancing the battle system would only help.

I'd second Baten Kaitos -- hands down one of my favorite worlds in a video game thus far.  Rebalance how?  My main was Savyna made useless because she attacked "too fast" (off complaint).  I kinda wish they'd just plop on BK2's battle system though.  That shit is off the hook.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »

The battle system was way too dependent on luck.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »

The battle system was way too dependent on luck.

Sorta what I liked about the second game: a smaller deck meant "better odds" technically.  That and if you're good to your spirit, you get the shit you need.  But yeah, a flaw nonetheless (the only way I managed to be Ayme, Folon and Giacomo in their final fight was when I made a "straight" combo to deal extra damage...fuck that fight)

I know it *just* came out, technically, but I'd kill to see a console version of Radiant Historia.  A tale that could would have had great cinematics.

Tales of the Abyss would make a brilliant looking HD/remake too.

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 10:22:13 PM »

Xenosaga, Xenosaga, Xenosaga (I agree with Agent about 2 though)
Vagrant Story
Rogue Galaxy
Wild Arms 3 (and maybe update the graphics a bit)
Killer 7

that's all off the top of my head, sure there are some I missed

Everything's Eventual
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »

Nocturne.

I'd say Shining Force III, but Sega's too busy trying to erase it from history.
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 03:45:04 AM »

The problem with doing a remake is doing it right. Some games may not be translated well. The whole part of Chrono Trigger and FF VI for me was the ambiance of certain feelings applied to everything else that made those games great. Taken them out of their context may actually hurt them rather than better them.

With that said, I would like the below games to be "modernized":

FFVI
Chrono Trigger
FF VII
Legend of Dragoon
Whatever games I missed that should be on the list :)

I think if the charm could be maintained and not become gimped in any area, then remakes (upgrades) to these classics would be great.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »

-Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3
-Dragonforce and Dragonforce 2
-Vay
-Lunar 2 (lunar 1 had enough reincarnations...)
-Breath of Fire 2
-Final Fantasy VI
-Treasure Hunter G
-Mother 3 (I couldn't meander my way through another earthbound playthrough even if it were HD'ed to the max....)

All localized and on home consoles please :)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »

I'd say Shining Force III, but Sega's too busy trying to erase it from history.

I giggled. x)

I'd also take an HD port, since a remake will never happen, of FF7.  THe game is good, let's just make Cloud look less of a... block head!!! *ba dum tss*

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »

I'd be pretty happy with Shadow Hearts, Xenosaga and Megaten HD collections.

I can see Nintendo getting into the HD collection biz with GC games but I have a feeling they will sell them separately, rather than collect them.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »

HD port of Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Apparently this is one of those famous Japanese games where the original source code was lost.

Which sucks.
It sucks to the max.

Indeed it does.  But can you blame a guy for wishful thinking, especially in a thread like this? 

Oh, and I'll +1 Legend of Dragoon.  Playing that again on PSN recently made me realize how underrated the game is.  It's a good game.  A better localization, tweak up the battle system so pulling off additions isn't so finicky, HD graphics and sound (the music is so good), and we'll have a winner.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »

I would love to see Shining Force remade for one of the newer consoles. I believe we received one part here in the states for the Sega Saturn. I would like to see all three remade and packaged together in a type of anniversary release.

My second choice would be Dragon Force also from the old Sega Saturn days.
Streen

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 08:31:10 AM »

A game I'd love to see a remake of, would be Golden Sun 1, combined with Golden Sun 2. I know they're not that old, but fresh and crisp re-drawn 2D graphics would do wonders on them. Maybe only add a few more side-quests, and I'm happy. Don't think anything like that is ever gonna happen though.

Another game I'd love to see redone, would be Breath of Fire 2. So sad that the BoF-series has been forgotten for so long now.

Speaking of 3D-RPGs though, Skies of Arcadia would be awesome. It's gotten so rare over the years, I'd just love to see it return. I mean - pirates. In the sky.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 11:20:11 AM »

SaGa Frontier 3DS remake. Re-implemented Fuse quest. Re-add Blue's original ending. Plus some new (character unique?) sidequests to make up for the other cut content (which really needed to have been cut, judging by the Ultimania guide).

Also 3DS remakes/ports of SD2 through Legend of Mana, with various AI, balance, and bug fixes, because seriously those games were buggy as hell (especially 2 and 3 (emphasis on the 3)).

Elemental Gimmick Gear 3DS port. Because EGG is really good and like nobody ever played it and that's toooo bad :(

I'd be tempted to say an expanded version of Chrono Cross (with battle speed ups. Seriously why were Square's games locked at like 20 FPS????) with extra sidequests for the characters, but Square would probably do something peculiar like make Schala evil like in the CTDS remake (What even WAS the impetus for that?).

3DS/PSP/PC translation of motherfucking Sega goddamn Ages Phantasy fucking Star 2 fucking remake SHIT.

Minstrel Song-esque remakes of Romancing Saga 2 and 3, because Minstrel Song was a beautiful lady and I want to merry her.

also I think Soul Blazer should come standard with every new console released, sort of like how Dinwows comes with Solitaira.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: