Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334852 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGz you want HD'd/Remade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: RPGz you want HD'd/Remade  (Read 11187 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 02:55:46 PM »

SaGa Frontier 3DS remake. Re-implemented Fuse quest. Re-add Blue's original ending. Plus some new (character unique?) sidequests to make up for the other cut content (which really needed to have been cut, judging by the Ultimania guide).

Also 3DS remakes/ports of SD2 through Legend of Mana, with various AI, balance, and bug fixes, because seriously those games were buggy as hell (especially 2 and 3 (emphasis on the 3)).

Elemental Gimmick Gear 3DS port. Because EGG is really good and like nobody ever played it and that's toooo bad :(

I'd be tempted to say an expanded version of Chrono Cross (with battle speed ups. Seriously why were Square's games locked at like 20 FPS????) with extra sidequests for the characters, but Square would probably do something peculiar like make Schala evil like in the CTDS remake (What even WAS the impetus for that?).

3DS/PSP/PC translation of motherfucking Sega goddamn Ages Phantasy fucking Star 2 fucking remake SHIT.

Minstrel Song-esque remakes of Romancing Saga 2 and 3, because Minstrel Song was a beautiful lady and I want to merry her.

also I think Soul Blazer should come standard with every new console released, sort of like how Dinwows comes with Solitaira.

This except for the Soul Blazer just because you know nobody would do it (although if you made it Actraiser....), EGG because if they're just going to make VOTOMs the JRPG then they might as well just go and make a VOTOMs JRPG, and Chrono Cross (which had battle speedups but needed them for more than just NG+) which will probably get turned into an even bigger clusterfuck by adding 20+ characters, boring grindfest dungeons, and a brand new ending that both manages to retcon the previous ending while shoehorning in some half-assed connection to the FFXIII trilogy or some shit in a horribly unsatisfying way.

Also still sore from seeing that ad for the Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star 1 in a local Shopko flier.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »

Secret of Mana on the 3DS.  Add in online co-op and have the touch screen be used for settings, inventory, equipment, and magic for seamless multiplayer gameplay (not having to pull up menus to cast spells or change weapons would be great).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »

EGG was a gorgeous game, but the localization stank and plot direction was way too vague. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 02:47:18 AM »

Speaking of 3D-RPGs though, Skies of Arcadia would be awesome. It's gotten so rare over the years, I'd just love to see it return. I mean - pirates. In the sky.

If I remember correctly, Sega did announce they're re-releasing Skies in HD.

OBJECTION!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 02:48:39 AM »

Secret of Mana on the 3DS.  Add in online co-op and have the touch screen be used for settings, inventory, equipment, and magic for seamless multiplayer gameplay (not having to pull up menus to cast spells or change weapons would be great).

Fuck that. Do that on PSN or Xbla.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 04:22:17 AM »

Grandia
Dark Cloud 2 - My favorite rpg of all time.  I forgot to eat playing this game.

Of course I would much rather have a new hd game in the series rather than a remake.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »

Speaking of 3D-RPGs though, Skies of Arcadia would be awesome. It's gotten so rare over the years, I'd just love to see it return. I mean - pirates. In the sky.

If I remember correctly, Sega did announce they're re-releasing Skies in HD.

They did? I'm pretty sure it ended being vaporware.
Streen

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »

I think I've read something about Skies of Arcadia HD some time ago, but I don't think anything came through with that. Afterall it's Sega. The same company that destroyed the Valkyria Chronicle-Series before it even started.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 04:33:09 PM »

Sega never said anything official about Skies of Arcadia HD.  There were tons of rumours and speculation, though.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 04:54:12 PM »

To go against the grain of the topic: I'm glad the Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star 4 was never completed.  I honestly think that game did cinematics so well for its technology level.  However, I would like to see some interface improvements, so maybe a modified port to Vita or 3DS with minimal changes.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

Updates that stayed faithful to the original design style would've been nice, make it look more like the same artist drew them in the last decade or so versus some completely new "modern" style. That tends to annoy me with updates, though Star Ocean came off as more offensive there, probably because it didn't go all out in updating like those did and it was more moe-esque crap.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »

Actually another game I'd like to add to the list: Fallout (the original 2).

It'd be nice to see those redone in the same style as 3/NV with little touch-ups here or there. I think Bethesda could work wonders with the source material directly.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »

NO BESTHESDA'S WRITERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH FALLOUT 1 OR 2

Sorry, I went temporarily insane. I love Fallout 1 and 2, and I liked Fallout 3 a lot, but I don't think Besthesda's engine is in any way equipped to handle the awesomeness that is F1/2.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2012, 12:05:29 AM »

NO BESTHESDA'S WRITERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH FALLOUT 1 OR 2

Sorry, I went temporarily insane. I love Fallout 1 and 2, and I liked Fallout 3 a lot, but I don't think Besthesda's engine is in any way equipped to handle the awesomeness that is F1/2.

Gotta agree. Sorry Zeron, but fuck that.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2012, 12:39:31 AM »

I'm not big on remakes but if there's a game that could really use one I'd say it's Xenogears.  Mainly because
1) gameplay needs tweaking.  you should be able to skip or speed up text speed, battles, etc.  it's too slow and I think some speed up or skip options would make the game much better.  this is the main thing keeping me from doing a 2nd play
2) disk 2 should be fixed.  this would require a ton of new content like new towns/dungeons and stuff though. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: